Star-crossed

I Was Pissed Off So I Conquered The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every night, the stars disappear in the sky, leaving a blackness that covers the whole of Earth. And endless depth that encloses everything. It started not too long ago. People thought it would be an explosion, or sea levels rising, but no. It's a total blackout. They relied on electricity to light their ways, but it still wasn't enough, so they learned to stay indoors as soon as the sun went down. It was just one of the many nights like these, starless blank space with a solitary moon, a telescope in your hand. You peer through it, pointed upwards, scanning the vast darnkess, looking for a sign, just one, but you couldn't find it, not anymore. From the rooftop of your apartment, you waited for another message, but since the stars vanished, so did your connection.

"Where do you think they'd gone to?" you asked. You knew you weren't alone. Some nights you were, but right now you felt the presence of someone approaching from behind you. The figureless aura stopped by your side. You lowered your looking glass and finally, you saw the man who had just arrived.

"Who?" Seokmin asked back. He never took his eyes away from the overcompensating streets with its multitude of lampposts, all lined up neatly, following a trail that led to who knows where. Houses learned to shine on their own with their strings of fairy lights. Still, when you just so much as stared straight ahead, you'd st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter