Minjeong's jacket

Everyone wants her / that was my crime (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  #jmj besties (they're in love w/ each other, your honour)

Jimin holds onto Minjeong's jacket. 

 

 

Jimin has a relatively long and dead sleep but her alarm goes off at six in the morning, and she doesn’t feel that hangover. Just a slight headache as she heads to the shower. She brushes her teeth first and then she begins to wash her hair.

 

As she washes her hair, she closes her eyes and hums to a song, trying to remember the events of the night before. 


She remembers up until the part where Aeri got up and started dancing with Ningning, but after that, her mind was a bit blurry.

 

She washes out her conditioner with her eyes drifting off at the wall, deep in thought. She slows down when she begins to remember something.

 

Or someone.

 

Jimin lets out a scream before finishing up her shower. She wraps a towel around herself and goes into her room, where she finds evidence of last night. Hanging on her desk chair is a baseball jacket with ‘Kim’ embroidered on the back with the number 01.

 

“What!? What’s wrong!” Seulgi bursts into the room with her hair in a manner of disarray.

“Morning.” Jimin blinks.

“Why’d you scream?” Seulgi squints to see the danger.

“Uh, nothing; I just saw a bug.” Jimin lies and Seulgi nods before retreating back to her room, where Joohyun is waking up.

“What happened?” Joohyun asks.

“Nothing. She just saw a bug.” Seulgi waves off before diving back into her warm bed.

 

Jimin clasps her hand over as she lets out a silent scream of agony. She sees flashes of her talking and rambling to Minjeong, clinging onto her, stealing her jacket, and even choking on water in front of her.

 

Could I be more embarrassing?

 

Jimin sighs and a sense of dread builds in the pits of her stomach as she gets ready for school.


 


 

When she arrives at school, she tries to ignore the fact that, maybe twice as much as usual, there are eyes and whispers surrounding her.

 

She thinks it has to do with Mnijeong’s jacket on her arm.

 

Aeri is at her locker, with Ningning looking as fresh as ever. Yunjin approaches them sluggishly with her back hunched, wearing sunglasses.

 

“Are you alright?” Jimin asks, genuinely worried about her.

“She’s slightly hungover and brooding because she embarrassed herself in front of her crush, Chaewon, last night.” Ningning snorts.

“I am deeply ashamed, and I will never drink again.” Yunjin groans and Jimin smiles lightly.

“Me too.” Jimin sighs.

“Why? Wait, oh my gosh, don’t tell me Minjeong saw your drinking habits before me!” Aeri whines. “We have to go party again!”

 

Suddenly there’s an arm over Jimin’s shoulder, and she almost flinches—scared if it’s a boy, but it’s just Minjeong.

 

Oh my god, Minjeong—

 

“She’s a cute drunk.” Minjeong says. “She talks a lot and is very, very clingy.”

“Don’t expose me.” Jimin whines, oddly not feeling dread in her stomach anymore.

“You’re kidding!” Aeri puts. “I wish I saw it in person.”

“When did you two get so buddy-buddy?” Ningning asks.

“Since you two decided to run off together last night, that’s right, Ning, Jiminie’s my new best friend.” Minjeong sticks her tongue out.

“Well, Aeri’s mine.” Ningning retaliates, putting an arm around Aeri.

“Jimin, you’re still my best friend, right?” Aeri says proudly.

"Well, you did leave me last night all alone when I was drunk for the first time.” Jimin shrugs, leaning into Minjeong.


Aeri gasps scandalously.

 

"Well, if that’s how it’s going to be, Ning, let us walk to class, bestie.” Aeri narrows her eyes before descending down the hall with Ningning by her side.

 

Jimin chuckles before turning to Minjeong.

 

“Your jacket.” Jimin says, holding it up and Minjoeng smiles.

“Hold onto it for me.” Minjeong smiles. “I’ll walk you to class?”

“Sure.” Jimin smiles gratefully.

“Here, I’ll hold your text book for you.” Minjeong moves her own textbook under her arm as she reaches for Jimin’s one.

“You’re already holding your own.” Jimin chuckles, not letting her take it.

“I’m strong, y’know.” Minjeong grabs it and puts the textbooks together, putting them under her arm. “I carried you up to your bed.”

“You’re kidding.” Jimin’s dread returns.

“Sure did.” Minjeong smiles, but Jimin blushes and rushes away to advanced maths, leaving Minjeong in the dust.

“Jimin? Hey!” Minjeong jogs along.

 

Jimin sits in her usual seat and Minjeong walks in behind, placing Jimin’s textbook on her desk. Jimin tries her best to avoid Minjeong’s eyes.

 

“Are you embarrassed?” Minjeong sits beside her and pokes her.

 

The thing about their school was that the desks weren’t always separated. Usually, in the middle of the room, there were four or five rows of desks, and on the left and right sides of the room, there were five or six rows of two desks.

 

Jimin usually sits on the first row of four on the left side and Aeri would usually sit on her right, but today Minjeong was sitting beside her, Ningning was beside Minjeong, and Aeri was on the end.

 

"Very," Jimin whispers.

“Why?” Minjeong chuckles. “You were cute.”

“But drunk, and very sloppy.” Jimin shrinks in her seat.

“Wasn’t too bad for your first time. It’s like you knew your limit because you stopped at a point.” Minjeong says. “You were fine; relax.”

“Okay...” Jimin finally looks at Minjeong. "And... thanks, by the way. For taking care of me.”

“You’re welcome.” Minjeong beams. “I’d do it anytime.”

 

Jimin smiles softly at Minjeong before the teacher begins the lesson and she turns her focus away.

 

Jimin suddenly remembers something just before the class ends. The teacher has his back turned to them, writing something on the board so Jimin leans over to Minjeong and taps her book page with her pen. Minjeong looks up and turns to Jimin.

 

“Are you going to take your jacket?” Jimin asks.

“I don’t know; it looks pretty good in your hands right now.” Minjeong whispers back with an annoying smirk.

"Minjeong.” Jimin deadpans.

“You’re the one who didn’t want to let go of it. You said I smelled nice last night.” Minjeong points out and Jimin groans internally, her face contorting back to embarrassment.

“Can we not bring up anything I did around you last night?” Jimin whines slightly and Minjeong chuckles with a grin on her face.

“Okay, I won't anymore.” Minjeong says. “But you can't stop me.”

 

Jimin huffs through her nose as the bell rings and Minjeong gets up from her seat with a mischievous smile. She passes Jimin a folded note and Jimin looks up at her curiously.

 

“I’ll meet you in second period.” Minjeong says.

“You’re not coming with us to recess?” Jimin asks and Minjeong shakes her head.

“I’ve got a baseball meeting with the team and coach.” Minjeong tells her and she nods.

“Okay. I’ll see you.” Jimin waves to her.

 

Jimin unfolds the paper as she walks out and she blushes, smiling bashfully at Minjeong’s handwritten comment.

 

I didn’t get to say it yesterday and before I forget, you looked really beautiful yesterday.



 

It’s actually hard to ignore the way everyone looks at the baseball jacket in Jimin’s hand. It currently feels like a tonne of bricks in her arms and she wonders if Minjeong is doing this to .

 

“Why do you have Minjeong’s jacket?” A girl comes right up to her and she blinks, taken aback.

“Oh. She forgot it. I was going to return it.” Jimin swallows, not liking the sneer on the girl’s face.

“Right…” She scurries off and Jimin is dumbfounded.

 

She continues to make her way to her friends. 

 

Usually at recess, Jimin and her friends would sit outside at the outdoor benches to get some fresh air and some sun as they snacked on whatever they had. During lunch, they usually sit inside the cafeteria. As they walk outside to the outdoor benches, they meet Yunjin on the way, and she still has her sunglasses on.

 

“Are you going to take your sunglasses off?” Aeri asks her and Yunjin shakes her head.

“No way," Yunjin says.

“Do you think those protect you from Chaewon?” Ningning snorts.

“No, but if I can’t see her, she can’t see me.” Yunjin shudders.

“Yunjin?” Jimin calls out to her and she turns to her.

“Mm?” Yunjin blinks at her.

“Aren’t you on the baseball team?” She asks.

“Yeah, why?” Yunjin nods.

“Don’t you have a meeting right now?” She asks and Yunjin’s glasses slip off her face.

“Oh my god - I do!” Yunjin shoots up from her seat. “Thank you so much for reminding me, Jimin - you’re an angel!”

 

Yunjin runs off and Jimin chuckles at her friend’s ridiculousness before picking up her sunglasses and tucking them into her bag to remember to return them to her.

 

“That girl.” Minju shakes her head with amusement.

“She loses her mind and thoughts every day just because she thinks of Chaewon all day.” Ningning snorts. 

“So silly.” Aeri chuckles. “I wonder when she’ll get the hint that Chaewon also likes her back and it’s not some dramatic one-sided crush.”

“Should we push them together?” Sakura says. “Shove them into a room and lock them in it.” 

“No way - I know my unnies well.” Eunchae begins. “Yunjin-unnie will be shy and stupid all the time, and then Chaewon-unnie will be so fed up and lose her temper that she’ll confess to Yunjin out of the blue.”

“Let's see how that works out.” Sakura snorts at Eunchae’s intricate description.

 

“And what about you?” Eunchae turns to Jimin.

“Me?” Jimin points to herself, blinking. “What about me?”

“Don’t think we haven’t noticed you running around with Minjeong’s jacket.” Minju snorts and Jimin blushes abruptly.

“She forgot it last night!” Jimin defends herself.

“Last night? What happened last night?” Minju smirks and Jimin groans.

 

Aeri chuckles, patting Jimin’s head.

 

“I’ll save you the trouble. Minjeong brought Jimin, Ning and I home last night. Jimin, who was drunk for the first time, literally shut down and we had to get her inside her house.” Aeri chuckles.

“It was actually super cute; Jimin was wearing Minjeong’s jacket the whole night.” Ningning grins.

“Can we not?" Jimin cries out.

“I smell romance…” Sakura teases.

“Shut up.” Jimin closes her eyes. 

 

Jimin ends up stuffing Minjeong’s jacket into her schoolbag, not wanting any sudden interrogations from any more deranged fangirls.


 

In the second period, Jimin has physics and Aeri and Ningning have a different science, as most of the friend group does biology or chemistry. Jimin finds a seat beside the window, which is a two-seater.

 

Minjeong just finishes the meeting with the baseball team as she hears the bell ring. She jogs to physics and sees her classmates already walking in. She slides into the line and sees Jimin’s head looking outside the window. She smiles before walking over to her. When she sees one of the boys in the class, named Heeseung or something, lock eyes at the back of Jimin’s head, she speeds up and takes the seat immediately.

 

She puts her bag down and sits as she looks up at Heeseung and smiles. He smiles politely before turning around and sitting with his friends.

 

She lets out a sigh, thankful she doesn’t have to sit with a random person she doesn’t know this time since she somehow always comes a few minutes too late in physics.

 

“Hey, you made it.” Jimin turns to her with a bright smile, taking her chin off of the palm that she was resting on.

“You can keep looking outside the window - don’t let me stop you.” Minjeong smirks. “I was admiring the view.” 

 

Jimin flushes when she realises Minjeong was talking about her being the view.

 

“Shut up.” She nudges Minjeong’s shoulder.

“What?” Minjeong snickers. “She’s very beautiful.”

“Sweet talker.” Jimin rolls her eyes.

“I’m not lying, though, am I?” Minjeong shrugs and Jimin laughs lightly.

 

The class quietens down and their physics teacher brings up a PowerPoint.


 

​​Launch Time: The Physics of Catapult Projectile Motion


 

The first slide says and Minjeong flips open their syllabus that was printed at the beginning of the year to show what was being taught to them.

 

“Ah…” Minjeong nods, as she understands what’s going on.

“What is it?” Jimin nudges her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter