MJ and JM's mixtape #1

Everyone wants her / that was my crime (JMJ)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

happy happy happy~

 

 

 

“Your jacket.” Ningning s the letterman jacket into Minjeong’s hands and she stumbles slightly from the force.

“Thanks…” Minjeong can’t look Ningning in the eye.

 

Ningning sighs, seeing Minjeong’s dejected look.

 

“Look, I don’t know what happened between you two since Jimin-unnie won’t tell us, but I was sincerely rooting for you.” Ningning says. “You were bringing a new light to Jimin’s life and now it’s gone.”

“I…I don’t know what to do,” Minjeong swallows. “I messed up.”

“Yeah, we can tell, Sherlock.” Ningning rolls her eyes and Minjeong flushes. “Just, if you’re being serious about Jimin, give her time.”

“I am being serious.” Minjeong finds herself being defensive.

“Then you won’t mind waiting, right?” 

 

 


 

It’s hard to ignore how Minjeong sees Jimin less and now that they don’t sit next to each other in class since they don’t share a project anymore, they have gotten the highest marks and been given a merit certificate of high regard.

 

At recess and lunch, they sit on opposite ends and Minjeong pokes at her dry sandwich she picked up from the canteen silently.

 

She had been trying to work up the courage to fix what had happened between them, but every time she’d walk up to Jimin at her locker, Aeri would pounce on her and block her way immediately, with Ningning by her side as well, looking equally as menacing. Jimin had two guards and Jimin could only smile apologetically.

 

She’d sent Jimin a message and she was left on read. It was an apology and a link to the playlist she had been crafting for Jimin. Even though she was left on read, there was a like on the playlist, which meant Jimin was listening to it.

 

It made her happy and Minjeong promised to herself that she would wait until Jimin was ready.

 

If it’s space that will help, Minjeong would take a step back and wait.


 


 

Jimin can’t lie that Minjeong’s persistent absence doesn’t bother her, but it does. She had grown accustomed to the baseball player hanging around her all the time and bothering her at all times, but now there’s a space beside her and she doesn’t think anyone can fill it except Minjeong.

 

They were friends first before Jimin decided to grow a raging crush on Minjeong, and she doesn’t know what the reason for Minjeong to kiss her out of the blue was for.

 

Was it pity? For fun? Experimentation? 

 

Jimin would rather not think about it too much because she has spent too many nights making her parents worry by crying in the night.

 

Yuna even apologised to her wholeheartedly, and it made Jimin feel a little bit lighter, but only by a small margin.

 

She’s been listening to Minjeong’s playlist, and she must say it is a very sweet and well-thought playlist. They’re mostly love songs and it makes Jimin want to curl up into a ball, and it makes her miss Minjeong even more.

 

> I’m really sorry, Jimin. I don’t want this to be how we end and I’d like it if I could talk to you in person. You’re my favourite person. When you’re ready to see me, please tell me. 

> https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1xlCakyDjSBHIYCl9O8bSs?si=90c7a85cedd04f86  


 


 

She’s been trying to sit at her desk to study, but halfway in, she gave up since she was listening to Minjeong’s playlist more than she was doing her work.

 

She settled on her bed with Mrs. Purple in her arms as she stared up at her ceiling.

 

The final song of the playlist had played again since she'd had the playlist on loop. She’d almost memorised each song and their lyrics at this point.

 

A knock came upon her door and she almost didn’t notice it.

 

She looked to her side and found her mother coming in.

 

“Eomma?” Jimin blinks, sitting up.

“You alright? I’ve heard that song loop a couple of times.” Seulgi chuckles, taking a seat on Jimin’s bed.

“Oh. I hadn’t realised.” Jimin flushes.

“It’s a nice song. Was it one of the playlists Minjeong made for you?” Seulgi asks and Jimin nods.

“I…I miss her.” Jimin says it quietly.

“Why don’t you go down and see her? Sort out whatever happened between you two.” Seulgi pats Jimin’s head. “You’re both young and you have your lives ahead of you. Your mother and I had a couple of bad moments, but our good moments together made up for them. It’s only up to you if you want to keep those good moments with Minjeong and keep going.”

“I know..." Jimin pouts.

 

Jimin blinks.

 

“Wait, what do you mean, go down and see her?”

“Minjeongie’s at the door.”

“What?” Jimin blinks and she’s rushing downstairs. 

 

She sees her mother, Joohyun, conversing with Minjeong by the door.

 

“Ah no, it’s okay.” Minjeong grins nervously. “I just wanted to talk to Jimin for a second, Mrs. Bae.”

“Nonsense, stay for dinner!” Joohyun beams.

“I–I really can’t. I don’t want to overstep. I really only need to see her for a moment.” Minjeong chuckles.

“Minjeong–”

 

“You can stay.” Jimin says from the bottom of the stairs and Joohyun and Minjeong both face her.

“See! Even Jiminie wants you here! Get comfortable; I’ll set up the table.” Joohyun beams happily.

 

Joohyun heads to the kitchen and Seulgi heads to the kitchen too, but before sending a meaningful look to Minjeong, who swallows dryly.

 

“Hi.” Minjeong waves.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin asks.

“Um…I think you needed space and I was giving it, but I don’t want to leave things unsaid since Ningning and Aeri have made it a bit hard to get to you.” Minjeong scratches at her neck shyly and Jimin smiles softly.

“Okay. We should have dinner first before we talk,” Jimin says and Minjeong nods. “Are you hungry?”

“A little.” Minjeong nods and Jimin smiles, knowing that a little is a lot for Minjeong.


 

Jimin thinks this dinner is more awkward than the first because Minjeong is stuffing and trying to avoid any interaction with Seulgi because she’s sure she hates her for something and she knows why.

 

“You must be starving, darling,” Joohyun chuckles. “You can have seconds later.”

“Oh, no, it’s okay—I'm good. Thank you, Mrs. Bae.” Minjeong chuckles nervously and takes a large gulp of her water.

 

Jimin reaches under the table and nudges her mother’s foot and Seulgi glances at her. She shakes her head and Seulgi pouts since she’s always wanted to be stern, but she can’t when Jimin’s looking at her so pleadingly.

 

“So, how has school been, Minjeong?” Seulgi asks.

“It’s been good. Jimin and I got the highest mark for our physics project,” Minjeong says.

“Did you know? Why didn’t you say anything?” Joohyun turns to Jimin and she shrugs shyly.

“It slipped my mind.”
“I would've never passed if it wasn’t for Jiminie’s ideas.” Minjeong boasts and Jimin blushes.

“We would’ve passed either way; you’re ranked first.” Jimin says softly and Minjeong shakes her head.

“You ranked first this year, actually!” Minjeong beams. “I saw the rankings when I passed by the teacher’s staffroom.”

“Good job, Jiminie! I’m so proud!” Seulgi.

 

Minjeong’s gathering the dishes behind Jimin and they both head to the kitchen sink.

 

“I didn’t know I ranked first," Jimin says.

“I peeked and saw our names next to each other, but yours was first. It made me happy.” Minjeong grins.

“It made me happy that I beat you this time?” Jimin scoffs with a smile.

“I’m not lying,” Minjeong shrugs. “You wanted first and I’m proud you got it. And I’m always happy when our names are together.” 

 

Jimin blushes and she dries her hands, with Minjeong doing the same too.

 

“Minjeong.”

“Hm?” Minjeong blinks, turning to Jimin.

 

Jimin swallows, clenching her hand and relaxing it.

 

“I’m really glad you’re here... and thanks for the playlist; I’ve been listening.” Jimin says softly and Minjeong’s eyes widen.

“O-oh. Um, thank you for letting me in again, I guess.” Minjeong blushes. “And I’m glad you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter