Chapter 1

Hiding the Truth

Seobin was woken up by Chanyoung the morning after the party, whining as he rolled over to get away from Chanyoung.

 

“Wake up kiddo,” Chanyoung encouraged gently as he got closer to Seobin. “It's time to go home,” he added.

 

“I don't wanna,” whined Seobin as he still sounded sleepy. “…Wanna stay a few more minutes,” he eventually mumbled, sitting up and yawning.

 

“Dann's making breakfast,” reminded Chanyoung as he smiled gently at Seobin. “Pancakes,” he added, chuckling when Seobin perked up at that.

 

“Pancakes?!" Exclaimed Seobin as he looked excited. He quickly got up and rushed out of the room to get ready and run into the kitchen once he was ready.

 

Jeongwoo was already awake, though he waited until Chanyoung left the room before getting up and going to get ready and meeting everyone in the kitchen.

 

“Morning Jeongwoo,” greeted Jake as he spotted Jeongwoo. “How many pancakes do you want?” He asked.

 

Jeongwoo took a minute to decide before bringing up his hand showing all 5 fingers.

 

“5 pancakes coming up!” Called Dann before starting on the pancakes.

 

Jeongwoo let out a small giggle, going to sit at the kitchen island as Jake joined him, bringing over a glass of milk for him.

 

“Can I have 5 pancakes too?” Asked Seobin as he joined them at the kitchen island.

 

“Can you finish 5 pancakes?” Asked Chanyoung as he walked over to the kitchen island with a stack of pancakes for himself.

 

“Mhm,” hummed Seobin as he nodded excitedly.

 

“Alright, 5 more pancakes please Dann,” called Jake as he went to get the next batch of pancakes for himself and Jeongwoo.

 

“On it,” confirmed Dann as he whipped up the next batch of pancakes, soon passing over the next plates of pancakes. He made sure everyone got their fair share of pancakes as everyone else entered the kitchen to get breakfast.

 

~

 

Jeongwoo was left to his own devices when he returned back to the house with Jake, Jeonggeun, Yeonjun and Seoho. Yeonjun didn't stick around for long, since Ivan needed him immediately for something that day so after getting changed into more casual clothing and making sure to keep the badge with the emblem that belonged to Ivan's kingdom somewhere on his person he had left to meet up with Ivan. Jake and Jeonggeun still had to register for their classes and Seoho wanted to sleep for a few more hours so Jeongwoo found himself with nothing to do for once.

 

After making sure he had his phone and spare key on him in case no one was home when he got back, Jeongwoo left the house to explore, walking around the city for a bit and taking in the sights before him.

 

Jeongwoo soon found himself face to face with someone, blinking as he didn't recognize who they were.

 

“Oh, sorry,” apologized Niki as he nearly nearly bumped into Jeongwoo. “Excuse me,” he muttered, turning and walking around Jeongwoo to enter the cafe that Jeongwoo was standing outside of.

 

Jeongwoo, ever so curious, decided to turn and walk into the cafe, being greeted by the smell of coffee as he looked around. He walked up to the counter to see what he could get, being greeted by the person at the register.

 

“Morning, what can I get you?” Asked Jungwon as Jeongwoo studied the menu behind him.

 

Jeongwoo hummed, making a gesture that told Jungwon that he couldn't speak before studying the menu again.

 

“Ah, we haven't had a mute customer in a while, is there anything in particular you like?” Asked Jungwon.

 

Jeongwoo shook his head before deciding on a drink, putting up two fingers to indicate that he wanted just a chai latte.

 

“One chai latte coming up,” reassured Jungwon as he went to ring up the order, glad he memorized the orders by number for once.

 

Jeongwoo went to pay for it with his phone before walking over to the counter where the drinks were being made and where Sunghoon was making them.

 

“Sorry I'm late,” called a voice as Chanyoung entered the cafe with Seobin behind him. “We just got back home and I forgot that there was a couple classes I needed to attend this morning,” he added, walking up to the counter to order.

 

“How was the party?” Asked Jungwon as he rung up Chanyoung and Seobin's usual orders.

 

“It went fine, is Seobin fine being here for a few hours?” Asked Chanyoung as he paid for his drinks.

 

“Oh yeah, we had a few customers this morning but it shouldn't be a problem,” reassured Jungwon as he nodded his head. “The owner is very understanding, so don't worry,” he added. “Seobin's very behaved so no one's had to complain yet,” he explained.

 

“Good,” sighed Chanyoung as he looked relieved. “I'm sorry to keep bringing him here but everyone in Allen's dorm all have morning classes,” he explained before going to wait on his drinks, finally noticing Jeongwoo. “Oh, hey Jeongwoo,” he greeted.

 

Jeongwoo turned to look at Chanyoung, blinking at the greeting before smiling in greeting. He turned when he heard Seobin walk over, waving at Seobin who grinned back at him.

 

“Hi Jeongwoo!” Greeted Seobin as he lightly rocked back and forth on his feet. “I got a new coloring book, wanna see?” He asked.

 

Jeongwoo tilted his head to the side in curiosity before turning to Chanyoung who nodded for him to go ahead. He waited until he got his drink before walking with Seobin back to his table and sat down across from him.

 

“Look, I got these pictures," boasted Seobin as he showed Jeongwoo. “Aren't they cool?” He asked, looking through the coloring book.

 

Jeongwoo looked down at the book, nodding along to the pictures as Seobin showed him.

 

“I'll be off now, behave okay?” Asked Chanyoung as he walked over to their table. “I'll be back by lunch, okay?” He asked.

 

“Okay!” Responded Seobin as he nodded his head.

 

“I probably won't run into your brother, but I'll let him know where you are, if you haven't already told him,” reassured Chanyoung as he turned to Jeongwoo.

 

Jeongwoo nodded his head, watching as Chanyoung left after making sure Seobin was okay for the day.

 

~

 

“You still haven't gone to class yet, Niki?” Asked Jungwon as Niki entered the cafe.

 

“Class got canceled,” explained Niki as he sighed. “Also it's my freshman year, I only have one class this semester so I can figure out what I want to major in,” he added, walking up to the counter to get his usual order.

 

Jeongwoo walked over to get a refill for his chai latte, paying for a refill before going to wait for his drink.

 

Seobin walked over after making sure his markers were kept in a neat pile. “Are you getting another drink?” He asked.

 

Jeongwoo nodded, grabbing his drink after Sunghoon passed it over. He turned back to Seobin before walking back with him to their table.