[special]

the devil in you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol does his usual routine after he reaches his apartment. The blazer goes off firstly, the sleeves smudged with crimson due to the torturing of Mr Oh’s underlings earlier.

He throws the covering into the laundry bin, and the watch is next. The strap is also splattered in red. The hem of his navy blue dress shirt is soaked with red, as well as his tie.

Without undoing them, he heads to the kitchen for a drink to cool the dryness in his throat. A warm shower still does not calm the wrath inside of him.

Drying himself up, Chanyeol places the towel on the stand before his gaze lands on the small lump under the duvet of his bed, tousled red hair poking out under it.

After dressing up, Chanyeol slips onto the mattress with a soft greeting. Junmyeon turns around in a sluggish manner, his red bangs falling gently onto his forehead.

He clamps a palm over Chanyeol’s cheek, his mouth forming a sleepy grin as a thumb caresses the flesh, “How did it go… ?”

Chanyeol lowers himself into the demon’s embrace for a moment to take in the scent, humming shortly as he does so. Junmyeon tips the devil’s face, looking him in the eyes for an answer.

Chanyeol stares for a moment before he leans forward. Junmyeon closes his eyes and sighs through his nose once their lips meet. He calms the rage in Chanyeol by caressing the taller’s nape. 

“It went well,” Chanyeol snuggles his cheek onto Junmyeon’s bare chest for warmth a while later, arms firm around the small yet strong waist, “But there are more.”

Chanyeol is seeking the corrupt souls who were in Mr Oh’s circle. Especially those who agreed to take out his mortal father’s life. His mother is still in a coma.

Chanyeol does not have to tell Junmyeon because Junmyeon already is aware of the fact there are more walking freely out there.

He nods into the damp hair, eyes closing again, “What are you going to do with Oh Sehun?” Chanyeol does not answer fast, appreciating the hair pats.

He has looked into the said soul. Sehun’s mother found out the terrible things her husband had been doing. That was how she was killed, with a vase to her head.

Mr Oh left work out of haste, and little Sehun witnessed his mother dying on the floor of their home with the image of a blood-soaked carpet stamped to his brain.

His scream caught the vast attention of the neighbors, and they urgently called his father. Mr Oh rushingly came home, fake worry plastered all over his face.

Little Sehun never stopped crying for three whole days. On the fourth day, he was found with his pet puppy in his lap, all bloody and lifeless.

Mr Oh was stupefied at the sight of his grinning son playing with the redness, smudging it all over his face. “This is better than the crayons, Dad.” The chief could not say a word.

The boy was then confirmed to have multiple personalities by the doctors who were under Mr Oh’s influence. The father had the boy home-schooled. Maids were hired, but they would quit after a couple of weeks. 

With no choices left, he let his son grow up in the basement of their very home and let his goons take care of the boy. Unfortunately, a decade later, the other side of Oh Sehun lost control, and he accidentally killed one of Mr Oh’s subordinates.

Mr Oh was a genius when it came to faking a staged accident, and that was how everything started. Him using his son as a weapon whenever anything or anyone got in his way.

Byun Baekhyun’s death was indeed a mistake.

His parents met Chanyeol right after Oh Sehun was caught. They thanked him over and over again with tears in their eyes.

Flashes of cameras fade off from Chanyeol’s memories as he recalls Junmyeon’s question, “He’s innocent, but due to the murders, he’ll be in prison for thirty years. He’ll be transferred to an asylum after serving.”

Junmyeon rakes his fingers into Chanyeol’s hair, gaze so fond, “I can accompany you on your next hunt.” His fingertips trail down to Chanyeol’s jaw, and with his thumb, he slowly traces it over the plump lips. 

The demon raises his gaze, and he can sense the mutual feeling in the devil just like he left work earlier this morning, “I’d like to punish the souls together…”

Chanyeol ducks his face, mouth planting kisses over the shorter’s neck while hovering over the small fit figure unhurriedly. A soft moan leaves Junmyeon once the taller sinks his weight onto him, feeling his large palms roaming over his body all over again.

Chanyeol drops a kiss on the scar of Junmyeon’s left eye to take his attention, giving the smallest smile where Junmyeon treasures it, “I’d like that.”

+++

Every time Kim Jongin dies, Junmyeon will be there for him.

He escorts his brother’s soul to Heaven. No angels dared to meet or even be near the demon when it first happened.

But they have come to trust Junmyeon to bring the soul where it belongs, considering the demon has been doing this for thousands of years now.

Every time they reach the pearly gates, Kim Jongin vaguely rememb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter