1/7

the devil in you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol calls for the tabby cat he often encounters on his way home to feed. The odd reddish-to-brown feline will head- his ankles upon hearing his call but tonight, it does not show up.

Getting inside the narrow city alleyway, he calls for it again while eyeing everywhere including the trashcans. Then, he hears it. A feeble meow. He follows the sound and he finds the cat limping towards him, walking in a strange way.

Chanyeol crouches down to pet the cat’s head, quickly noticing the front leg must be tended. Taking out his handkerchief, he carefully wraps the injured animal before finding the nearest vet.

He leaves the cat in their hands, telling them he will return for it tomorrow. Chanyeol does his usual routine after he reaches his apartment. The blazer goes off first.

After hanging it on the stand, the watch goes next. Then, his cufflinks. Lastly, his tie. He heads over to the small kitchen to quench his thirst and he goes to his room, discarding his dress shirt the same goes for his bottoms.

After a long cold shower, he slips under the covers after wearing his pajamas. This is his life every day. It is always the same.

 

Somewhere between five and six in the morning, Chanyeol stirs. It feels like he is being watched. When he peers in front of his bed, his assumption has been correct.

In front of his bed, a pair of red glowing eyes inside of a mass happens to be staring at him openly.

Once it realizes Chanyeol is up, a red-haired being phases out of the black-reddish smoke in front of Chanyeol’s bed. Chanyeol becomes completely awake, eyeing the being sharply.

Introducing himself as a demon, the said being also adds he was the cat Chanyeol saved the night before.

The demon notices the impassive reaction on the human’s face so he continues, expressing his gratitude by bestowing Chanyeol a wish. But Chanyeol says he does not have any.

The demon suggests money, women, power, and more.

Chanyeol rejects everything.

The demon cannot seem to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter