5/7

the devil in you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin retrieves the sniffling Do Kyungsoo’s hand who is seated on the chair next to their team leader’s bed, passing over the tissues. The admin has been like that for half an hour now.

The teammates are silently standing next to the profiler. Junmyeon has been leaning against the wall ever since the beginning, watching them from the door, his arms crossed against his chest with a grim countenance.

The doctor just left. She explained Chanyeol’s alexithymia trait to them. Do Kyungsoo softly announces he has known their team leader’s condition from the beginning. It was when he was new at work.

When he encountered an unconscious Chanyeol on the floor of his private office, Kyungsoo quickly called the ambulance.

He went to the hospital as Chanyeol’s guardian since no one else was available or more like, dodging the responsibility. It was then that Do Kyungsoo confirmed that no one liked Chanyeol.

To the admin, his mentor had been nothing but a kind person to him.

Fortunately, the doctor who tended to Chanyeol was Park’s family doctor so she assured Do Kyungsoo that he was just fine. He came with Chanyeol as his guardian, so she showed Chanyeol’s previous records since Kyungsoo could not calm down.

She is the same doctor who excused herself from the ward. Junmyeon thanked her when she left and he got to look into her soul. The doctor has a pure soul.

No wonder she still has this job for more than two decades. The rest are still quiet, unable to form any response. Junmyeon weakens watching his brother’s soulmate shedding tears.

Kim Jongin cannot even do anything because he feels bad for thinking of his team leader as a heartless person now that he knows the truth. Junmyeon pities the pair.

Junmyeon recollects how his brother was killed right before his eyes, the younger angel being framed for aiding his and Chanyeol’s sinful activities back in Heaven.

Before Junmyeon could even mourn for his dead brother, Chanyeol sliced off the archangel’s head who ended his lover’s brother. 

The rest of the peers backed away from the angel they admired the most upon witnessing the scene. As an angel, they cannot kill a human or another angel.

As far he knew, no angel ended another celestial being before. Junmyeon knew Chanyeol would be in huge trouble. He was about to run with Chanyeol from Heaven, maybe stay on Earth for a while but God Himself caught them.

God acknowledged Jongin was innocent so he made Jongin reincarnate as a human and gifted him a soulmate. As for him and Chanyeol though, they were made to fight with the remaining archangels.

Before the pair knew it, they were battling outside the gates of Heaven. Even though he and Chanyeol might be the strongest angels among others, it was impossible to win six archangels versus two angels. 

Junmyeon gained a scar under his left eye from Gabriel before he was blown off with holy light by the four of them. He was completely powerless. He turned over to look at Chanyeol but then, his eyes grew wide when Uriel sliced off Chanyeol’s wings.

Junmyeon witnessed him falling out of Heaven and he pursued after him. God slowed down the time at that specific moment, questioning Chanyeol who was out of breath, granting him one last chance to choose, “Speak out your decision, son.”

Chanyeol chose Junmyeon over Heaven.

It was such an offensive statement, a disgrace to the divine. The younger angels who looked up to Chanyeol gasped with disbelief, some with disgust. Chanyeol was the most popular and liked by every celestial being in Heaven.

And so he fell as Lucifer.

Junmyeon followed after, landing on the solid hard surface rather than on a fluffy cloud. His fingers dug into the dirt, a breathy wail of pain leaving his dry lips.

Taking a glance next to his side, Chanyeol was right next to him within a hand’s reach. He holds onto the other’s limp hand while ducking his face, taking his time to adapt to the new environment.

His white robes were burned under the heat, leaving him bare. The tips of his white wings have grayed before the rest of the feathers drop to the ground, the remnants transforming to black. 

His skin cracked due to the extreme warmth. No longer the sweet, delicate-looking angel. It was scorching hot. There were rattling chains of closed doors and muffled screams from tortured souls.

This was Hell. They were in Hell. God did not end their lives. He and Chanyeol could rule Hell together. They could have a place of their own together. Just when he thought he could smile, Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. 

Then, he heard God’s echoing voice which quieted Hell, stating that the angel would be punished for eternity for killing one of God’s trusted children until Chanyeol found his own justice in the mortal world.

Chanyeol was cursed and he could only take over Hell only after he broke out of it. Chants of Lucifer’s name, followed by ancient language resonated throughout Hell ever since then.

Junmyeon laughed in disbelief, feeling odd rage seeping inside his being. Wrath. One of the seven sins. The curse must be Uriel’s doing. Henry must have urged God to punish Chanyeol for killing one of the archangels. 

Junmyeon waved a hand to himself, examining if his powers were still intact. Nothing happened. He snapped his fingers and a rag appeared in front of him.

There was a sleazy smirk on Junmyeon’s face as he picked it up to cover his privates by fastening it around his waist. With pained sounds, Junmyeon scraped the rest of his wings on his own after actualizing a serrated blade.

Then, he inched towards a vacant throne, blood from his shoulder blades trailed along the way. “Chanyeol,” He called while tracing the armrest with his broken fingernails, eyes flaming in red, “I’ll be there for you.” 

E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter