7/7

the devil in you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gentle taps of oxford shoes resonate throughout the empty floor, traveling their way to Mr Oh’s office. There are a couple of knocks on the door before the man inside permits the person to enter.

Chanyeol, with the usual greeting, bows his head momentarily. The chief responds with a wide smile, seeming to be in a good mood. He urges him to sit so they can chat.

Chanyeol voices out that he prefers to stand by the table instead. Just like he always does. He reads the elder man’s soul, witnessing relief in those orbs.

“You came so early today. What’s the occasion?” 

Chanyeol does not smile, looking straight into the other’s eyes as he answers, “Just wanted to see you, Mr Oh.”

Oh Sehun’s father beams, continuing packing his items in beige cardboard boxes, “Isn’t it great that all of you can return to your regular work now?” 

The special investigation team has been shut down due to the murder of one of their prosecutors to avoid more from happening. Also, it is due to a lack of evidence.

Something that Chanyeol cannot accept because he was in the hospital when the decision was made. 

They should be hunting down the criminals from every nook and nanny, putting them behind bars where they are supposed to be. Every single one of them.

The very mastermind is right in front of his eyes, walking free with a high position stamped on his head. 

Mr Oh keeps going on about his upcoming vacation as if Chanyeol cares. The taller gets to read the very depths of the corrupted soul of Chanyeol’s father as well as the elder male’s memories.

There is one particular memory Chanyeol wishes to know. 

Mr Park and Mr Oh are brokers for providing bribery but after years into the business, Chanyeol’s father finds out his friend has been providing women, some underage, to clients.

Upon observing proof, Mr Park wants to end their crimes before it gets worse.

He suggests turning themselves to the police but Oh Sehun’s father aggressively declines, calling him mental for even proposing the idea. Mr Park patiently convinces his friend every day but Mr Oh’s decision is still firm with his choice.

The nonstop calls and emails from his friend pushed him to the edge until one day, Mr Oh bursts out of anger and both of them fought in their office, causing a commotion.

Mr Park gives the latter one last warning before ending decades of their friendship.

He decides to turn himself so that he can expose their misdeed. Compiling the transactions as solid evidence into a USB, Mr Oh somehow finds out from one of his informants so he uses his son when things go out of control.

Just like he did when he wanted the chief’s position.

The doctors have advised the father not to encourage anger or any sentiments for his son and Mr Oh knows why. His son has been diagnosed with split personalities.

One is the usual bright Oh Sehun, the other one is an emotional Oh Sehun, and lastly…

A murderous Oh Sehun.

In the high-security basement of their home where the murderous Oh Sehun will be confined, the father spits out lies to his son that the Park family was the cause of his mother’s death.

He did the same thing when he wanted the chief’s position in the bureau.

With this position, Mr Oh can continue to perform immoral deeds in the black market without a single worry of getting caught. Besides, if he is indeed in any trouble, the higher-ups will provide backup and protection for him and his son.

His son was deeply attached to his late mother so whenever Mr Oh uses his son’s weakness, he becomes someone else who is dangerous and unstoppable.

Mr Oh has his goons hack the surveillance cameras so when the staged accident happens, Oh Sehun brings out the vehicle to an unused alley.

He does not recognize Mrs Park at first before she screams for help once she witnesses someone carving out her husband’s heart. Angered, the murderous side of Oh Sehun wields the steel pipe to her head multiple times until she is knocked out.

His other self easily becomes distracted so before he can kill her too, Mr Oh jabs the sedative on his son’s nape with a high amount of dose. Then, he leads his son out of the alley.

“Are you going to hand in your resignation letter after your vacation, Mr Oh.”

Said male halts his movements, his gaze rising to his favorite employee. There is still a smile on the old face but it is laced with crippling fear.

“How did you know?”

Chanyeol has his hands clasped on his back, his face holding no emotions. He walks towards the awards and recognition certificates the chief has in a glass display, “You’re going to bring your son to New York too, aren’t you.”

Mr Oh chuckles while dropping the documents on the desk, “What do you mean, Chanyeol? I don’t have a son—”

“The son you’ll use over and over again to silence people who get in your way,” Chanyeol shuts him up with an unreadable gaze, noticing how he goes pale, “Prosecutor Byun’s death was a mistake.”

The chief stands up from the leather chair while slamming his palms on the desk. Others would have been terrified and apologized by now but Chanyeol simply stares.

“How dare you bring your late student into this? What does his death have to do anything with me?”

Black reddish fog spirals out from Chanyeol’s feet, “He was in my mother’s ward, Mr Oh.” Mr Oh sees red, “That still doesn’t have to do anything to me, son.”

Chanyeol feels his head hurting from the whispers but this time, he is able to withstand it. Eyes flaming with red, Chanyeol senses a few feelings running inside. Hurt. Disgust. Wrath.

This man does not even know that his own son has harbored feelings for Prosecutor Byun.

Mr Oh frowns when he notes something is off.

Before he can even open his mouth, Chanyeol draws out his hand towards the elder’s way. The next thing the chief knows, he is pressed to the wall behind the desk.

“Ch-Chanyeol? What’s— What’s happening?”

When Chanyeol raises his gaze, Mr Oh’s body floats until his head reaches the ceiling.

“Mortals like you shouldn’t have existed. I guess Father made a mistake when he created you,” Chanyeol’s usual voice has changed into a deeper tone, booming around the office, sending shivers to the chief.

Not only that, he observes red and black smoke brushing against Chanyeol’s impassive face, the skin sparking her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter