Chapter 5

Tails of Gumiho

Bora woke up to the sound of Raon yelling. She sat up in bed half awake, rubbing her eyes. She ventured out of her room to find that her mom was in Raon’s room packing clothes into his backpack. Her mom looked up at her and Bora rubbed her eyes. Her mom returned to packing and Bora took a seat on Raon’s bed.

“I want my superman shirt.” Raon yelled.

“I'm still washing it in the washer. I’ll put it in here after it's dried.” Her mom said.

“Why are you packing his clothes?” Bora asked.

“Your cousin just had her baby yesterday night. Also since you and Raon are both done with school, I figured we would go today and stay a week there.” She said.

“I still have to get ready for my practice exam on thursday.” Bora said.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Her mom asked.

“I did, I put it on the calendar by the kitchen.” Bora said.

“Will you be fine staying home by yourself?” Her mom asked.

“I’ll be fine. I can stay at home and study.” Bora said.

“You must answer my calls when I call you.” Her mom said.

“I know but can I go back to bed now? I stayed up late studying.” Bora said.

“Go back to bed, I’ll wake you up when we are leaving.” Her mom said.

Bora nodded and turned back to her room, she laid down and tried to get some sleep. She saw Raon running back and forth in the hallway from her door. She ended up falling asleep and then woke up to something soft tickling her face. She opened her eyes and Jeonghan was sitting on the edge of her bed. He had her phone in his hand and was reading through her texts.

“What are you doing here?” Bora asked.

“I came over because Hajoon couldn’t contact you.” Jeonghan said.

“What time is it?” Bora asked.

“It’s almost noon.” Jeonghan said.

“Can I see my phone? I need to check if my mom called me or left me a message?” Bora asked.

Jeonghan handed the phone over and got up form the bed. Jeonghan turned to her and looked at her.

“I brought lunch. I’ll set it up in the kitchen.” Joenghan said.

“I’ll come down in a bit.” Bora said.

Bora read through the messages that her mom left her.

 

“We left the house around 10:20 am and should get there by noon.” -Mom 10:49 am

 

“I did have time to cook lunch before we left. I left my credit card in case you want to buy something to eat or make at home.” -Mom 11:04 am

 

“Call me when you wake up.” -Mom 11:25 am

 

Bora dialed her mom and waited for her to pick up. Jeonghan came back up to the room and escorted her down to the dining room. The voice on the other side made her look at Jeonghan who took his seat across from her quiet.

“Bora.” Her mom said.

“Did you guys make it there already?” Bora asked.

“We’re still a 30 minute drive away because we stopped at a rest stop for lunch. Have you eaten yet?” Her mom asked.

“I just woke up and I’m going to have leftovers in the fridge.” Bora said.

“Call me before you go to bed.” Her mom said.

“I will.” Bora said.

“See you later.” Her mom said.

“Bye.” Bora said.

Jeonghan had filled Bora’s plate with rice and next to it was a bowl of chicken soup. Bora picked up her chopsticks and took a bite of the chicken.

“So you’re going to be alone this whole week.” Jeonghan asked.

“Yes.” Bora said.

“I would like to stay and watch over you.” Jeonghan said.

Bora stopped and looked up at him. Jeonghan smiled and placed more rice into her bowl.

“No, I need to study for my exams.” Bora said.

“Please.” Jeonghan said.

Jeonghan stared at her and then an idea came to her mind that would make him leave her alone.

“You can only stay if you agree to cooking, cleaning, and not bothering me when I’m studying.” Bora said.

Jeonghan sat in silence as he watched Bora eat the lunch Hajoon cooked. Jeonghan turned his head and looked around the living room. It wasn’t a mess but he decided that he would clean up the room. Bora watched as Jeonghan went to clean up the living room. She knew what he was up to but the only thing he wouldn’t be able to do was cook. Never has Jeonghan cooked food or eaten a meal in front of her. She didn’t know why Hajoon was always cooking for Jeonghan when she never saw him eat. She saw him drink but never eat anything. She knew he was going to give up sooner or later. She returned back to eating her food and ignoring Jeonghan who was cleaning.


Bora stood up and stretched her body. She looked at the time and it was already 7:40pm. She’s been studying ever since noon when it was quiet for a few hours before she heard the vacuum turn on around 3pm. She decided to zone out Jeonghan and focus on her studies. Bora headed out of her room and towards the living room to find out what he was doing. The smell of food hit her nose and she felt water. She looked around the living room and it was clean, the curtains were closed, pillows and blanket on the side of the sofa and no sight of Jeonghan anywhere. She went to the kitchen and he wasn’t there either. She went to the stove and lifted up the lid of the pot. The smell of curry hit her nose and she looked at the curry. She wondered if Jeognhan cooked this or if Hajoon had stopped by. Bora turned around to grab a plate when she saw the note on the counter from Jeonghan.

 

“I made your favorite curry but I thought you would like some pork cutlet with it. So I left to grab some at a nearby restaurant. Don’t eat until I’ve come back.” -Jeonghan

 

Bora saw the big red heart in the corner of the note and she chuckled to herself. She walked out to the living room and sat down on the sofa. She turned the tv on and watched a cooking show as she waited for Jeonghan to come back. Halfway through her show the sound of the code being entered into the door alerted her. She got up and walked towards the entrance where Jeonghan came in wet. 

“You’re soaking wet.” Bora said.

“It started pouring when I left my house.” Jeonghan said.

Jeonghan handed a plastic bag to Bora as she bent down to take his shoes off. There was a big duffle bag that was hanging from the side of Jeonghan. 

“Why did you stop at home? Bora asked.

“I dropped by to let Hajoon know I wasn’t going to be home for a while and for him to stay home. I grabbed some clothes and other things I needed.” Jeonghan said.

“You’re really staying with me?” Bora asked.

“Why would I miss this opportunity?” Jeonghan said.

Jeonghan hung up his wet jacket and pushed Bora into the living room. He set his bag down on the side and escorted Bora to the dining table. He sat her down and took the plastic bag from her. He went and got a big plate and set the food on it. He returned later and placed it in front of her. Bora looked at his wet hair as he took a seat across from her.

“Let me know how the curry is. I had to call Hajoon for his recipe.” Jeonghan said.

Bora nodded and took a bite, she looked at him and which made him tilt his head.

“I think you added sugar and not salt. It’s very sweet.” Bora said.

Jeonghan stood up and grabbed a spoon. He tasted the curry in the pot. He turned around and looked at her with a sad expression. 

“Don’t eat it. It’s too sweet. I’ll go out and…”

“It’s fine, I’ll have it with the rice and pork cutlet.” Bora said.

Bora took another bite and Jeonghan tried to stop her but she looked at him.

“You should take a shower, your hair and clothes are all wet.” Bora said.

“Don’t eat it. It’s the first time I cooked for you and I’ve failed.” Jeonghan said.

“Just go and take a shower.” Bora said.

Jeonghan looked at her while she was eating. He blushed at her cute action of trying to finish her food when he knew she didn’t like sweet things. Jeonghan bent down and placed a kiss on the top of her head. He quickly ran towards his bag and to the bathroom before she could get mad at him. Bora almost hit him but instead she stood up to find some salt or vinegar to mix into the curry so it wouldn’t be so sweet. She found some vinegar and decided to add that into the pot of curry. That did the job and she mixed some into her own before putting it away. Bora ate her meal and then cleaned up after herself. She went to her room to study but opened the door to a Jeonghan which she screamed as she closed the door. 

“Why didn’t you lock the door?” Bora yelled.

“I didn’t think you would be done that fast.” Jeonghan said.

The sight of Joenghan with his tails made her face red. She tried to erase the memory but it kept coming into her mind. The door opened to reveal Jeonghan with his pajamas on. He leaned against the doorway and got close to her.

“You saw it? Didn’t you?” Jeonghan asked.

“No!” Bora yelled.

Bora pushed past him and sat at her desk. She tried to study but Jeonghan came and stood next to her. He bent down and whispered into her ear.

“It’s fine if you saw it.” Jeonghan said.

Bora pushed Jeonghan away but he held her hand and she glared at him. Jeonghan moved her hand towards his private part and Bora screamed and hit him with her other hand. Jeonghan let go of her and laughed which made her face turn red.

“Stop, it’s embarrassing me.” Bora said.

Bora covered her face with her hand and Jeonghan took a seat on her bed. He chuckled at her and then decided he wanted to push her buttons.

“You know in the gumiho custom, if you see a gumiho. You have to be responsible for them. Are you trying to not take responsibility?” Jeonghan teased.

Bora turned around and glared at him which made him curl into a ball on her bed. His tails came out and covered his body.

“No! It was an accident. I didn’t mean to peek at you. I didn’t even know you were changing.” Bora said.

“You saw everything. You’re the first person to see me like that.” Jeonghan said.

Bora got mad at him because how could she be the first person to see him . He’s been living longer than her, he was bound to have several women in that time period. 

“You lying bastard. You’ve lived longer than me. I’m sure you used this trick on multiple women to trap them. You sly fox!” Bora yelled.

Bora ran towards him and began hitting him on the back but his tails wrapped around her wrist stopping her. Jeonghan peeked out at her and then sat up. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

“You think I used this on many women?” Jeonghan asked.

“You did! Didn’t you?” Bora asked.

“I’ve never been with anyone eles but you.” Jeonghan said.

“You’re lying!” Bora said.

“Are you jealous?” Jeonghan asked.

“I’m not jealous, never will I be.” Bora said.

“Why are you getting mad? I should be mad. You saw my body and didn’t take responsibility.” Jeonghan said.

Bora looked up at him and then she nodded her head. 

“Do I have to take responsibility? What happens if I don’t?” Bora asked.

“If you don’t take responsibility, I will not have a mate. That means I cannot get married or have a wife.” Jeonghan said.

“Why can’t you just tell no one that I didn’t see anything.” Bora asked.

“Because I want you to be the one responsible.” Jeonghan laughed.

Bora pushed him away but he held onto her and rubbed her back with his hand.

“I’ve told you that I would never let you go. No matter how many times I have to wait, I will wait for you.” Jeonghan said.

“Alright, just let me study.” Bora said.

Jeonghan let go of Bora and she returned to her desk. Jeonghan laid down on the bed and looked at her back. He could see that her ears were red and he chuckled. He loved teasing her but he wouldn’t ever lie to her. She was his one and only, no matter how long it takes. He was going to have her to himself and nothing was going to stop him, not even time itself.

“It has to be you.” Jeonghan whispered.


Long time no update but here it is. 

I've been busy with school so I squeezed in some time for this chapter.

As always, Jonghan is a bias wrecker.