bo-chan, my man (and you are my woman)

who would've thought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong quickly realizes that she doesn’t know anything about her Jimin unnie at all. Aside from the fact that they went to the same high school together (and the tidbits of information she has acquired from hanging out with Jimin), Jimin remains a mystery to Minjeong. So it totally gave her a shock when she got in Jimin’s car and almost got a heart attack.

 

“Unnie, you listen to scream-o?” Minjeong didn’t want to cover her ears because of how loud and scary the music was. She didn’t want to offend Jimin either. But she really couldn’t hide how her face scrunched into a terrified expression. She immediately tried to correct it though when she saw her Jimin unnie already looking at her with an apologetic expression.

 

She really didn’t think Jimin to have that kind of music taste because the car would always be almost quiet when she went in or it was just some soft music playing in the background. 

 

“I’m sorry,” Jimin hurriedly tried to change her playlist. “I was in a rush so I didn’t get to change it. Sorry, was it too loud?” 

 

Yes, it was…and scary too. But Minjeong only shook her head and smiled. “No, I just didn’t think you would be into rock music. You always play something quiet when I’m with you.” 

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Don’t be.” 

 

And it also doesn’t help that it’s almost Jimin’s birthday and she doesn’t know anything the older girl would like. It’s frustrating, too. It’s been two or three months since they started this dating thing (they're dating right?) and Minjeong knows little to nothing. Has she been too preoccupied with her own self that she forgot to even try to get to know Jimin?

 

It might have been selfish on her part but in her defense, Minjeong was figuring things out. And now that she has, she really wants to get Jimin something meaningful or at least something she likes. She isn’t, at all, pressured by the fact that Jimin’s gift was crazy expensive (okay, maybe there’s little pressure). But she is driven more by the fact that she wants to give the older girl a gift she would appreciate.

 

Yizhuo was no help, either.

 

“Put a bow on your head.”  

 

Right. When Minjeong asked her best friend for ideas, Yizhuo mentioned that Jimin had almost everything (because she has money, she can buy whatever) but she doesn’t have Minjeong. Minjeong didn’t even have time to blush and act like a high school girl because it’s only a week before Jimin’s birthday and so far, she has nothing. 

 

“You know, she loves Shin-chan,” Aeri said as she munched on her chips. They were currently waiting for Jimin and the rest to arrive at the mall. It was a Friday and they were bored so they decided they would meet up. Jimin was coming from work and Minjeong didn't want her to go back and forth picking her up. “Have you not seen the little toys in her car?” 

 

Minjeong tried to remember the interior of Jimin’s car. It was always so clean. The only thing she really noticed was the dashcam. “I haven’t really noticed, unnie.” 

 

“Take a look around,” Aeri snorts. “Jimin is such a big dork. She has them everywhere.” 

 

Minjeong made a quick mental note to actually pay attention to Jimin’s car next time. She feels awful that something that’s right in front of her has gone unnoticed for the past couple of months! And she has been in Jimin’s car so many times (Minjeong really enjoys being a passenger princess). 

 

Taking advantage of the fact that Aeri knows Jimin like the back of her hand, Minjeong asked, “Does unnie have a record player?” Because she thought she could get a vinyl of Metallica or something. 

 

Aeri shook her head. “No. I know she's been wanting one, though.” 

 

Oh crap. Minjeong does not have the budget for that. She has yet to secure a big girl job and most of her savings, she's going to use when she goes on her month-long trip. Well, that's off the list. 

 

Minjeong only nodded, pouting as she wracked her brain for ways to celebrate Jimin’s special day. She supposed she could take Jimin out on her birthday. But then, where? Because Jimin was particular with her food and she didn’t want the older girl to not enjoy what they were eating. 

 

“You okay, Minjeong?” 

 

Minjeong didn’t realize how long she had been staring into space until her vision cleared and Jimin’s pretty face appeared in front of her. She took a moment to look at Jimin who was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a white tee, so different from the usual clothes she wore to work. 

 

“Oh, hi u-unnie,” she stuttered as she finally got her bearings. 

 

“Hi, Minjeong.” Jimin sat in front of Minejong. “You okay?” She asked again. 

 

Minjeong cleared , nodding mutely before throwing her Jimin unnie a smile. “I’m okay, unnie. How was work?”

 

There was something different with the two. Jimin was still shy but there was ease in the way Jimin moved around Minjeong. It was obvious she was more comfortable, casually leaning forward on the table to talk to Minjeong.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter