achoo (and also with yu)

who would've thought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Despite the five year , Joohyun is actually incredibly close with Jimin. Although insufferable and a little menace towards her younger sister, Joohyun is just as protective and supportive.

 

She's THAT older sister — took on the role quite seriously when she found out she was going to be a big sister. At the tender age of five, she insisted that she would take care of Jimin — from feeding the bottle to the diaper changes — until Jimin went to primary school, Joohyun had been beside Jimin.

 

It's not like their parents entrusted the sole role of being her little sister's caretaker, it's just that Joohyun wanted to. Oh, the Yu family had so much love to give and Joohyun, having been the sole receiver of that for the first five years of her life, wanted to shower her little sister just as much.

 

Jimin has an abundance of love to give, sometimes she doesn't know where to put it. 

 

So it's not a surprise that Jimin willingly spends her hard earned money on her nephews and nieces when they visit Seoul (she reasoned that she has no responsibilities so what use is her money if not to spend it on people she loves?) and even give a little to her parents when she isn't obligated to. 

 

Aeri has been a receiver of that love from Jimin, too, gifts at the ready on her birthdays and Christmases and even the random times Jimin finds something that reminds her of Aeri.

 

So when Joohyun noticed that Jimin has been going out a lot lately, as an older sister, it was just right for her to be nosy.

 

She had texted Aeri first, gathering intel from the main source but Aeri did not want to rat out her childhood best friend and only told her Joohyun unnie to, "Ask Jiminie yourself, unnie. You know she's going to tell you anyway." 

 

Unsatisfied, she went to her mother who did nothing more than just gush about how finally her youngest daughter was going out to have fun. There was a mention of Minjeong from high school (which intrigued Joohyun). She tried to remember if she had seen this Minjeong person before but to no avail.

 

She had decided she would just confront Jimin. Anyway, it wasn't that serious. She just really wanted to know the progress of her little sister's love life because last she heard, Jimin almost fumbled her chance. 

 

Also, Joohyun just really wanted to see if this person is going to make her little sister happy. 

 

And it kind of shows (that Jimin has been happy) because Joohyun caught her smiling on her phone. 

 

"Jiminie," Joohyun cooed, getting her little sister's attention. "Wanna hang out in unnie's room?"

 

Joohyun waited for a moment before Jimin looked up from her phone and said, "sure unnie," and followed her older sister to her room.

 

Joohyun missed this.

 

When Jimin was little, she used to run to Joohyun's room just to tell her about the different types of crocodiles. It freaked her out but listened anyway because anything Jimin loved, Joohyun indulged. 

 

Joohyun remembered when Jimin nervously knocked on her door, visibly shaken. It had taken a lot of courage for Jimin to confess that she was confused about her feelings — that she was looking at girls differently. 

 

Now as Jimin made her way to her unnie's room, Joohyun couldn't stop herself from pushing Jimin to sit on her bed. 

 

"So…" she started, wiggling her eyebrows at her little sister. "Who got you smiling like that?" 

 

And almost immediately, Jimin's face crimsoned and a smile crept up to her face. Shy, Jimin adjusted her glasses up her nose bridge, feeling as if the heat from her face fogged up her lenses. 

 

"Unnie," Jimin whined, chewing on her lip. "Stop!"

 

"What? I haven't even said anything!" 

 

"Yeah, but I already know you will!" Jimin argued. Pouting, she laid on Joohyun's bed, rolling to her side to face her older sister. "I'm not going to tell you anything if you're going to tease me!" 

 

"I won't, I promise."

 

It didn't take long for Jimin to tell her unnie about Minjeong. With red ears and an even redder face, Jimin enthusiastically recalled her recent hang out with Minjeong. 

 

The smile on Jimin's face was contagious and Joohyun couldn't help but mirror her sister's. Hearing how Jimin was describing Minjeong, Joohyun remembered a slim girl making kimchi with their eomma and decided that she liked the girl.

 

It was obvious, too, that Jimin was smitten with the way she talked about Minjeong. It was nothing like the ones before Jimin would just barge in and tell her about a really cute girl. That was it — it was all surface level admiration. And definitely not those times Jimin went to her room, all teary-eyed because prerty girls kept playing with her feelings! 

 

But the twinkle in Jimin's eye when she told Joohyun about how Minjeong had given her a small dinosaur keychain because she noticed the small dinosaur sticker inside the glove compartment told her just how much Jimin actually likes the girl (Joohyun guesses it's a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter