congratulations (and these are for you)

who would've thought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong bounced on the balls of her feet as she waited with Yizhuo in line to enter the hall. 

 

It’s graduation day. 

 

Four years seemed like such a long time (and it is) but Minjeong is just happy that she no longer has to deal with ty group work and professors. No more pulling all nighters and waking up at six in the morning to go to class (Minjeong freaking hates seven am classes because who the schedules that?), and honestly, just the thought of not going to school is making Minjeong giddy.

 

That, and someone else has been making her stomach twist and turn (in the nicest kind of way).

 

After Minjeong’s brain fog from the flu, it really didn’t take much for her to actually acknowledge her newfound discovery. Actually, it took three rounds of samgyeopsal and a bottle of soju (Yizhuo was really pushing her), some screaming, some freaking out at the restaurant that they almost got kicked out, and them some hyperventilating for Minjeong to finally calm down, sit down with her thoughts and listen to her heart. 

 

And it’s not like she contemplated it because she didn’t want to like her Jimin unnie like that. It’s just that Minjeong wanted to be so sure that her feelings were for real-for real because a person as sweet as Jimin deserves 100% sincere, pure emotions. Not the kind where she feels like she just needs to reciprocate because she has to.

 

Slowly, Minjeong has been showing romantic interest towards Jimin, though. Unlike all the other times she talked to Jimin, her words are now laced with a little bit of flirting (which she hopes that her Jimin unnie caught). Just the day before, Minjeong had insinuated how nice it would be to see Jimin’s face among the crowd when she goes up the stage to receive her hard-earned degree. 

 

Jimin only replied with, “lol it’s too bad i’m working” and Minjeong, having just acknowledged her feelings, felt foolish for kicking her feet in the air and squealing like a five year old on Christmas day. They were flirting back and forth right?

 

Minjeong would like to think so.

 

Because as she carefully walked inside the hall, her phone buzzed in the pocket of her dress (more dresses should have pockets!) and she quickly dug her hand inside her toga to fish out her phone. Smiling like a fool, she bit her lip as she quickly sent a reply back. 

 

She felt stupid because it was a simple congratulatory text from Jimin (they’ve been texting since she woke up) after Minjeong had casually updated her that the ceremony was starting. But whatever. She didn’t care. Even if Yizhuo kept telling her to put her phone away when they were already seated inside and the Dean had already started with his speech. 

 

“Can’t that wait?” Yizhuo elbowed her.

 

Minjeong shook her head. “It’s so boring, Yizhuo. This is three hours long.”

 

“Jimin unnie is at work. You’re distracting her.” 

 

That made Minjeong stop. But then she thought, if Jimin was replying then maybe, she wasn’t that busy. “She’s replying to me.”

 

“Because you’re distracting her,” Yizhuo pointed out. “She'll probably drop whatever she’s doing just so she could talk to you.” Yizhuo rolled her eyes at her best friend but playfully smirked nonetheless because Jimin is such a cutie when it comes to Minjeong, she would probably move mountains for her.

 

It flatters Minjeong to her core because while it may seem ridiculous, Yizhuo is right. One time, Minjeong needed to go somewhere far (like an hour drive) and Jimin offered to drive her like it's no big deal. Of course, Minjeong refused. As much as she loves being Jimin's passenger princess, she just couldn't take her kindness for granted like that. 

 

Grumbling, Minjeong sent one last text to Jimin before putting her phone away. It was just in time for their names to be called too. 

 

It happened so quickly. Minjeong heard her brother scream at the top of his lungs when her name was called (so embarrassing) and then she sat back down after taking her picture. The whole thing only took five minutes.

 

And then it was two more hours of waiting. She almost fell asleep! 

 

Minjeong did check her phone if there were texts from Jimin but there were none. And when everything was finally over, Minejong pouted when Jimin still hadn’t texted her.

 

Sue her from wanting to keep talking to her unnie whom she likes. Lately, because Minjeong has been very receptive to Jimin, she belatedly realized how nice it actually was talking to Jimin. Minjeong didn’t feel forced. She genuinely really likes talking to the older girl. And also, Jimin’s got jokes! She is surprisingly funny. Minjeong doesn’t remember if Jimin has always been like this (Jimin has always been a funny dork, Minjeong just didn’t notice it before) but she’s glad to see this side of Jimin. 

 

Minjeong thinks she’s got exclusive know-hows about Jimin because from what she remembers, Jimin is always so reserved and quiet around other people. And that really just fluffs her itty bitty heart. 

 

By the time she and her family got to the restaurant for som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter