birthday (and the start of something new...or not)

who would've thought
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It turns out Jimin got no game. 

 

This doesn't come as a surprise to her at all. Jimin has no experience. Even as simple as holding hands, she's never done it before. The only time she had a crush on someone, she got royally dejected when she found out the girl only made friends with her to copy her assignment. 

 

Aeri wanted to fight the girl. Jimin had to use whatever strength she had (she got no game and no muscles) to stop her best friend from storming down to her university and giving her a piece of her mind.

 

Furious was an understatement. Just when Jimin had finally realized and accepted her uality, the first girl she's ever had a crush on had given her such a bad impression on romance and the likes.

 

The second time a girl asked Jimin out, it turned out she was trying to recruit her into joining those weird youth groups in their university (Jimin ran away so fast). 

 

It's safe to say that Jimin didn't want to try again, too afraid to get bamboozled by pretty girls. And that was when she still felt so unsure and unpretty about herself – what with long, awkward limbs that hung limply on her sides and her nest of hair that she just couldn't tame. 

 

So imagine her insecurity (it was x1000). 

 

But then it was the summer before third year of university and quite literally it was the summer she turned pretty. It was as if one night, a fairy godmother dusted her with magic and she woke up looking like the daughter of Athena (her mother had said this to her but she couldn't disagree because her mother is a goddess). 

 

Jimin is a late bloomer (sue her for being a baby but better late than never) and she had finally grown into her face (again, she really doesn't know what this means!). Her clothes fit better, no thanks to the kickboxing classes her mom coerced her into joining. She said it was to help with her self-confidence and fight the bad boys. 

 

In short, she got hot.

 

And Aeri couldn't stand the fact that Jimin worked part time at the cafe all summer long instead of showing off what her mama gave her (honestly, Aeri just keeps inflating her mother's ego). 

 

"Come on, Jimin, just try on this dress, please!" Aeri begged, holding out a too short tube top dress that could barely cover the length of Jimin's whole torso. 

 

They were going clubbing, a first for Jimin, and Aeri had gone above and beyond to convince her to go with them (Aeri bribed Jimin's coworker to take her shift).

 

Not used to dressing up at all, Jimin refused vehemently, not even a bribe from her mother could make her wear the scrap of clothing! 

 

"Aeri, I might as well be . Why can't I wear this one?" Jimin frustratingly held a cute spaghetti strapped dress that she tried on first. It hugged her curves just right and fell just above her knees. It's still a little too revealing (her s would fight to stay inside) but it covers her body at least. 

 

Aeri looked at the dress and nodded in approval. "Fine. Only because your s look good in that!" 

 

Just then Jimin's sister, Irene, passed by her room and commented, "You're lucky you got eomma's s, Jiminie," she said, cupping her small ones. "You got melons. I got oranges." 

 

Jimin screeched in horror and threw a scrunchie at her unnie's face. Seriously, how did she get grouped with these people in this lifetime? 

 

But Jimin turned heads at the club. She was a little too uncomfortable with the attention. It was her first time wearing contacts too so she felt so bare despite the makeup that caked her face.

 

She had seen familiar faces at the club like Yizhuo and Minjeong already dancing but Jimin stayed in their booth, drinking until she got sloshed. 

 

"You're such a useless hottie, Jimin," Aeri muttered as she hauled her hot out of the club and into a taxi. 




Jimin's short stint of getting herself out there was for naught!

 

She's clueless.

 

How does one even begin to show interest to a pretty girl who (probably…most likely) likes you? (Jimin really hopes Minjeong actually likes her, though!) 

 

Jimin tried (she really did). Fueled by her friends' shipping agenda, she started hanging out with them more. And Aeri, as one best friend would do, had instigated the whole "get Jimin her girl" (because Jimin made the mistake of asking Aeri if Minjeong swayed that way). 

 

Jimin is not one to go out after work because she gets really tired but ever since camping, Aeri and Yeji have been calling her to hang out at night. And in the spirit of getting herself out there and trying to "make her moves'' with Minjeong, she went out. 

 

And her friends were so insufferable (they really were not hiding the fact that they loved the idea of Jiminjeong), she's sure that Minjeong had noticed it as well but she was always given the task to pick up Minjeong and drop her off home after. 

 

So it gets awkward in the car. Without Yizhuo, Minjeong gets just as quiet as her sometimes. And perhaps it's her fault, too, for being TOO quiet and shy. 

 

Jimin just really doesn't know what to say or do. Her inexperience in this area is so painfully obvious that sometimes she just wants to dig the deepest ditch and bury herself there (it's also one of insecurity: having had no experience in the relationship department) or just jump out of her moving car but she doesn't want to do that and injure sweet, innocent Minjeong. Sometimes she fears she would end up being alone for life (an exaggeration considering she's only 23). 

 

There were times that Minjeong would start the conversation but her tongue gets caught every time she's within Minjeong's vicinity. Jimin gave one-worded answers and would mentally slap herself for ending the conversation (so much for making her move). And she's so painfully shy that it's so hard to even look at Minjeong. 

 

At one point she texted Minjeong so formally, she swore she could feel Minjeong laugh in her replies. 

 

Jimin unnie: Minjeong, please let me know when you're ready. I will be picking you up shortly. Thanks 

 

Minjeong: haha okay unnie

 

Jimin even went as far as trying something she absolutely despises: sushi (it's a texture thing). Aeri knew this (because Jimin has a palette of a toddler) and had already assured Jimin she didn't have to come but she found out from Ryujin that Minjeong needed a ride because she was coming from work. 

 

Of course, Jimin had to go!

 

She was excited to see where Minjeong worked (it was at a local bookstore). And upon texting Minjeong that she would be picking her up, they got into talking about Game of Thrones because Minjeong was reading the books (finally, something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter