Fame

My Honey, My Daisy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Fame

 

Taeyeon is the epitome of being successful, but her life seems sedentary. Waking up in the same bedroom, alone in the comfort of her luxury apartment, she felt that each day is just the same. Thankfully, today is her free day because she just finished recording her upcoming comeback album. It’s not just an ordinary album because it will be her first solo album. Her popularity is no joke and people from all walks of life knows ‘Kim Taeyeon’ as a singer, a girl group leader. Her life revolves around recording, guesting in music shows, filming music videos. To say that it’s tiring is an under-statement. But who is she to complain? Being popular is good. Being famous means more money. But the question is, is she happy? When was the last time she felt utterly happy? The kind of happiness that linger in her bones and keeps her afloat for days. She might be earning so much but as the old saying goes- when one side of your life gets better, one side of it falls dramatically into pieces. Is it true that you can’t have it all? She normally goes on with life with no complain. She worked so hard getting that much awaited fame and now that she got it, she still longing for something that even fame can’t give her. Happiness. Is it that hard to achieve?

 

“Good Morning, my Zero. Did you miss me? I am sorry that I didn’t take you out for a walk. Today, I’ll make it up to you.”

 

The little dog looks at her as if telling her that he can’t wait to go out of the house. She felt guilty towards Zero because she is neglecting him, and he doesn’t deserve that. He’s been a constant companion since her father died two years ago. The memory of losing her dad is still fresh in her memory. As if it was just yesterday when she said her last goodbye to her dearest father.

 

“I am sorry Zero. I am so busy these days. I am such a bad friend for keeping you inside the house for so long. You must be lonely. Zero-yah, I am lonely too. I am staying outside for so long and doing things I am supposed to do but why I am still lonely? I am an ungrateful for being lonely. This is what I like, right? To be a famous and to be known in and out of South Korea. But am I making the right choice?”

 

If only dogs can talk. Zero might say that she is indeed stupid because she has everything, yet she is whining for being lonely.

 

“Let’s have a walk now before I cry. Let’s make this day a happy one, right, Zero?”

 

 

Jiyong is running for his dear life as he is late for his morning duty. He is working as a baker and kitchen assistant in the ‘Sunset Glow Bakery’, he might be a new employee, but he is a fast learner. His boss, who is also his friend is a generous person for hiring him. Thank God he got this work or else he cannot continue studying. He is in his final year of Engineering and he is doing his best to meet ends. He is determined to finish his studies even though he started college in his mid-twenties because he need to support his ailing mother. He is a responsible son and a caring brother to his sister who is studying first year in Architecture.

 

“Jiyong! Good thing you are here! Can you help Daesung in the kitchen? We need to prepare cheese cakes since it will be rush hour soon.”

 

As he starts his work, Jiyong felt a little sleepy. He barely had a sleep last night because he needed to work in the other café until late because one of his colleagues was absent. He cannot complain because more work means more money to pay the fees and decent meal on the table.

 

“Hyung, the ajummas are looking for you a while ago. Maybe they think you are a kpop star or what.”

“Ah those ajummas who keeps on bullying you?”

“That’s unfair you know! I think they are only here because of you. Can you see them fangirl over you?”

“Stop it, Daesung. Just focus on your work.”

 

The day ended as usual. The cakes are sold out even before closing time. Jiyong can’t wait to go home and rest because tonight he will not be working in the other cafe. He is on his way to the subway when his friend called him.

 

“Hyung, I am desperate. Someone needs to replace me tonight. I can’t work though. My sister is in the hospital and I can’t leave her. Hyung, can you take my work just for tonight, please?”

“In a strip club? No way.”

“It’s not as bad as you think it is. The pay will be triple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter