Jessica and Donghae

Time Machine (one-shots)

 

Jessica – Donghae

She had everything; money, fame, house, lot, family, successful business, and anything a princess truly deserves. But she is only quenching for one thing, love.

“Stop…” she orders her driver. She looks at the window of her car that had gone misty and starts writing a name she never forgot – Donghae. It was exactly eight years ago when she left him on the same place and same time. Her parents didn’t agree to have a pauper be married to the heiress of their company. It was her cold words that always ring in her head and the tears that Donghae cried wholeheartedly.

 

“No! Can’t you understand!? What would my future be if I choose you!? A vendor selling disgusting street foods here and there pushing and pulling a cart!?” she shot him with her index hitting his chest. It was a good thing that the rain had covered the tears from her eyes.

“But you love eating those! How could you say that to me now!?” he yells stubbornly hoping that he could still bring the real Jessica back to her senses.

“That’s not my point!” she yells.

“If this is about your parents well let’s make a run together! Live a new life with me! Isn’t that what you want?” he tries to say optimistically but the pain inflicted by Jessica’s words couldn’t be covered by his trembling voice. Jessica was weaken by the emotional instability of Donghae right now but that also meant she is close enough to what her goal is tonight – to rip him apart so he would stop loving her, so that they could just forget each other, so he could be safe. She raises her hand and slaps his face hard.

“Face it. You and I aren’t destined to be,” Jessica trembles as well as she hurriedly ran away from him. She could vividly remember those last words he yelled at her, “THEN RUN AWAY WITH YOUR FILTHY MONEY! NO ONE WILL LOVE YOU, REMEMBER THAT!”

 

Tears escaped Jessica’s eyes as she leaned on her car seat. She looked outside and saw a familiar man happily selling whatever on the streets, serving hungry and cold people. His smile never changed, the way his face brightens when those pearls appear. She wanted to run towards him, hug him again like she used to. Tell him how much she still loves him all these years, and how she is willing to give up everything she has just to have him back. But something stops her from doing so; she sees a little girl about five years old laughing brightly with the customers and she suddenly runs to Donghae. He catches her, and carries her and they continue to laugh. And one woman suddenly joins in. Jessica tried to hold back the tears as she rests her palms on the window. He’s happy now, she thinks.

“Let’s go home Ajusshi, I’m tired.”