Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk

Time Machine (one-shots)

 

Hyoyeon – Eunhyuk

“I’ll wait for you,” Eunhyuk says, “right here, at the exact time.” Though everyone knows how Eunhyuk doesn’t want Hyoyeon to leave, but he sent her off. Hyoyeon planted one last kiss on his lips and she felt that both of them were crying. “Don’t worry, I’ll be alive when I get back here,” she says, “I promise.”

Five years have passed and some birds spot a young lady walking towards the old train station that was broken down two years ago after she had left for therapy. The cancer cells in her head were abolished and she spent a year or two more in America for complete recovery. She has never forgotten that promise though she knows it took her quite a long time to keep that promise. She leans on the bricked wall where she last kissed him and looks at the time, 4: 04 pm. It was the exact time when she left. She was hoping that when she looks up, she’ll see those blonde strands on his head, matching up with that gummy smile she never failed to love. But none. It was just the air passing by her. They lost connection two years ago and sometimes Hyoyeon thinks that it was him who forgot everything. She rolls her eyes so that the tears won’t escape. She starts walking away, feeling the old Korean breeze. She looked at the rusty tracks that were once good as new. She wonders what had happened and they closed down the station.

She stops walking when she found her good old friend, Choi Sooyoung writing data on a sheet of paper while checking the surroundings. She was a police officer now. They hugged and had a few chit chats beside the tracks.

“It must have been hard on you,” Sooyoung comments.

“What do you mean?” Hyoyeon asks.

Sooyoung stops and looks at her quizzically. “Haven’t you heard? I thought his parents told you something about it?”

“Just tell me what it is!” she demands and Sooyoung sighs. They continue to walk.

“Two years ago, Eunhyuk was here, probably waiting for someone, that is obviously you. Well, he was always here every year since you left at always the exact time, 4:04 pm. Witnesses said that he was just sitting there when she spotted someone at the opposite side. Perhaps, as theories stated, he must have seen someone who looks like you at some sort of angle. The excitement in him ate him up as he ran towards the woman carelessly, not seeing the train coming up,” Sooyoung pauses and looks at Hyoyeon who was starting to tear up. “Do you want me to continue?” And Hyoyeon nods.

“The train had hit him obviously and his body was crushed under it. Pieces of him were found all around the tracks. That’s why they had this station closed down. And that’s the end of it. I thought his parents have told you. I’m sorry.”

Sooyoung sees Hyoyeon looking at the tracks ahead. Hyoyeon squats down and touches the old railings and something had caught her eye – a ring necklace. She gets it weakly and when it was on her hands, she digs the similar necklace inside her shirt. “I came back alive, Hyuk. Why aren’t you?”



 

[a/n]

Guys, I'm sorry if some chapters here are sad and all. But I hope you would still enjoy reading these one-shots :] Thanks for subscribing, reading, and commenting n__n If you want to read some happy endings from me, try searching in my stories in my acc ^___^ (keke, sorry for promoting myself TT)