Ryeowook

The princes court

Siwon and Nari sighed as they pulled and stitched the boy’s body stopping the blood from flowing.

“Will he be okay?” Yesung asked as he gently brushed Ryeowook’s hair. They had stabilized him soon after the sword wound, but Yesung still refused to leave his side. The fight had ended and they had moved Ryeowook to the infirmary with the other injured people.

“He lost a lot of blood, not to mention his body was already in shock and injured from a previous wound on his side and head.” Nari explained as Kibum raced forward holding a clipboard in his hand. Siwon took the board before signing something and tossing it back at the boy.

“Just go and locate the stuff, we need it or else we will lose him.” the older man ordered before Kibum nodded and hurried away.

“My king, you have to claim your crown soon.” Hankyung whispered as he placed a calming hand on the new king’s shoulder.

“I refuse to leave his side.” Yesung snapped.

“Ryeowook risked his life for his king; he trained you to take the crown, if you refuse it. Then he would have sacrificed himself for no reason.” Sungmin growled as he stepped forward in anger.

“He’s not dead yet,” Yesung yelled.

“I never said he was, but right now he is dangling on the edge of Death and all you are doing is moping in your little bubble.” Sungmin snapped. He was not a cook, he was a knight for his king, and he refused to have his king act like a spoiled prince he used to be.

“Sungmin,” Yesung whispered.

“Become king, so that when Ryeowook wakes up, he will see a king he trusts instead of a prince he left.” Sungmin said before walking off to start dinner. Yesung eyed the remaining people with confused eyes. They were waiting on their king. As of right now they had no king, it was up to him to be crowned. But how could he leave Ryeowook nearly dying alone?

“Let me stay with him,” Leeteuk said guessing the boys hesitation.

“Kangin can take over for me for now. Let Siwon crown you, and then Nari can help here.” Leeteuk advised. Yesung nodded, hopefully Ryeowook would wake up before he would be crowned so he could watch. The boy would love to see him crowned.

“Alright, tomorrow at noon I will become king.” Yesung ordered making the room bow and head off for preparation.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

Zhou Mi sighed as he tried to get out of bed. Of course, he would be injured in more than one fight.

“Henry,” he called trying to locate the boy.

“I’m here, Heechul ordered me to take care of Solynn, she got injured pretty bad but she’ll live.” Henry whispered as the small girl slept soundly clutching Heechul’s dagger.

“That man has a soft spot for spoiled brats.” Zhou Mi smirked, Henry did look good with a child.

“So what do we do now, our home is gone.” Henry said eyeing his lover. Zhou Mi shrugged, as leader, it was his job to find them a new home. But, he was to injured to just go out and search.

“Can we just stay here, our friends and family would do good to help heal this kingdom.” Henry continued.

“We can’t just invite ourselves.” Zhou Mi reprimanded. Henry pouted as he returned to watching Solynn sleep.

“So, Heechul and HanGeng have decided to adopt her.” Henry whispered making the older man chuckle.

“Heechul, take care of a kid? Poor girl, HanGeng’s going to have a field day when she starts dating.” Zhou Mi laughed. Henry joined him as the image took hold. It felt good to finally laugh.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

Hyukjae smiled as Donghae slept peacefully beside him. They had survived the war. The king was dead, and Jongwoon would be crowned king tomorrow. He never thought this day would come in his lifetime. He always thought that it would be another generation that would save them.

“Hyukkie, why are you still awake?” Donghae asked as he glanced over at his lover. Hyukjae blinked before his lover’s cheek.

“I was just marveling at how much has changed since Ryeowook came.” Hyukjae admitted.

“Yeah, he really helped us overthrow King Soo Man.” Donghae laughed.

“Yeah, but he suffered a lot. I hope he survives.” Hyukjae whispered. Donghae nodded as he leaned against his lover.

“If that was you, I’d be like Jongwoon hyung, I’d never leave your side.” Donghae whispered. Hyukjae nodded, afraid to even think of what would happen if that was Hae.

“Go to sleep love, tomorrow we meet our king.” Hyukjae said before kissing the boys lips and  closing his eyes.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU

“Ryeowook, wake up sleepy head.” A woman cooed his head softly. The boy blinked as he tried to open his eyes. The sun’s rays blinded him as he tried to see his surroundings. Had he died, or had he saved Jongwoon?

“Ryeowook, are you going to sleep the day away or what, your father’s ready for you to start your chores.” That voice, it was his mothers. He hadn’t heard that voice in so many years.

“Umma,” Ryeowook asked, his voice sounding so distant to his own ears.

“Baby, get up.” His umma called. He was up, the sun was blinding him.

“Ryeowook listen to your Umma,” appa, he could recognize that deep voice anywhere.

“Appa, I am up why can’t I see you?” Ryeowook pleaded. He wanted to see them, he wanted to be with them.

“Umma, appa,” Ryeowook called as tears fell down his cheeks. He wanted to be held in his umma’s arms. To feel her soft hands shelter him from the world.

“Ryeowook, you’ll make a fine assassin for the prince and future king, I am proud to have you for a son, my Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook, Jongwoon’s personal guard.” His appa whispered. The words were echoing in his head.

“You’re doing good my son,” his umma whispered as Ryeowook felt soft lips touch his cheek.

“Umma, appa,” Ryeowook whispered, he did not want to leave. But he had to return to Jongwoon. It was his job to protect him. Jongwoon was his king, his lover.

“Saranghae umma, appa, but I have to go. Jongwoon needs me.” Ryeowook smiled before closing his eyes to darkness and pain.

SUJU SUJU SUJU SUJU