Rainy Days

The Tears in Your Eyes (Discontinued)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Five months into their relationship, both Ryeowook and Hyungsik were still going as strong as ever. They went on dates regularly and got to know each other better. Whenever they were apart or couldn't find the time to meet, they would communicate via texts or calls.

It was just another early spring Friday, however, unusually, grey clouds obscured the sun and the beautiful blue sky was in shades of black and white. Despite the gloomy weather, the city's citizens still kept up their spirits.

The same could be said for Ryeowook and Hyungsik.

The two had decided to spend the evening (and most probably night) at Hyungsik's apartment.

Ryeowook got back from work and changed into a casual outfit and restyled his hair. After that was done, he left a note for Jongwoon, informing him where he would be going since the elder man was not home. Then, he packed a small bag with all the things he might need; his phone, a water bottle, his skincare products and a pen. 'You could never be too prepared,' he reasoned. After receiving a text from Hyungsik, he descended the stairs and waited for the white car belonging to his lover to pull up by the gate.

When he saw the familiar car and recognised the man in the driver's seat, a smile automatically graced his lips and he waved excitedly. As the car came to a stop, the man, Hyungsik, waved back, his lips curling upwards. A few more seconds later Hyungsik was out of the car and approaching Ryeowook.

"Hey!" Hyungsik greeted, leaning in closer to kiss Ryeowook on the lips briefly before carefully reaching over and detaching the bag from his shoulders.

Hyungsik opened the trunk of the car and put the bag inside, then helped Ryeowook into the passenger seat before settling down himself and starting the engine.

With the whirring of the engine, the car began to move along the smooth tarred road.

Like all the other car rides, this one was comfortably quiet; with Hyungsik's entire focus on the road ahead and Ryeowook simply looking out of the window and admiring the city.

"Hyungsikkie!" Ryeowook exclaimed all of a sudden, enthusiasm colouring his voice.

"Yes, sweetie?" Hyungsik peered at his ecstatic boyfriend.

"Look! It's a florist selling roses! Can we stop here for a moment? Please?" he asked hopefully, putting on his mastered puppy-dog-eyes and pouting cutely.

"Sure," Hyungsik chuckled at how adorable his lover looked.

Hyungsik once again got out and opened the door for Ryeowook, taking hold of his hand and intertwining their fingers as they made for the flower shop. Ryeowook selected a single red rose and took out his wallet to pay.

"No, allow me," Hyungsik smiled and took out his own wallet, taking the flower and paying for it before handing it back to Ryeowook, kissing him on the cheek as he did so.

Ryeowook, both flattered and flustered, blushed as he thanked Hyungsik profusely.

Soon after, the two men were back in Hyungsik's car, continuing their ride to Hyungsik's apartment.

Thirty minutes later, the car pulled up in front of a tall building around twenty floors high. The exterior and what Ryeowook could see of the interior looked very luxurious. As they got out of the car, Hyungsik took Ryeowook's bag from the trunk and slung it over his shoulders. He then interlaced his and his boyfriend's fingers and started walking. The walk to Hyungsik's flat was quiet; only the sound of shoes on the tiled floor could be heard. 

As soon as they reached the flat, Hyungsik smoothly unlocked the door and they walked in, still hand-in-hand.

Hyungsik took off the bag and put it next to a little glass coffee table while Ryeowook placed the rose from earlier inside an elegantly decorated vase that sat there.

Hyungsik moved to sit on the couch, which was located right behind the table, and breathed out a heavy sigh. The sigh earned him a worried glance from Ryeowook.

I'm just tired," he dismissed Ryeowook's concern and got up, going to the kitchen while telling his boyfriend to sit down and make himself at home."

Ryeowook put his worries to the back of his mind, not wanting to ruin their evening together by probing Hyungsik too much and making him uncomfortable.

Hyungsik retreated from the kitchen with a tray containing two slices of cheesecake and two mugs of coffee, deciding it would be the best drink on a day like that, when clouds covered the setting sun, ready to burst any time. 

Sitting down beside Ryeowook on the couch, Hyungsik set the tray on the table and turned the television on.

"What do you want to watch?" Hyungsik asked, turning to Ryeowook, who couldn't help but wonder why Hyungsik's mood had plummeted all of a sudden.

"Anything is fine with me. You can pick," Ryeowook smiled, trying to lighten the tense atmosphere.

Hyungsik just exhaled and changed the channels, settling for a romantic comedy, shifting closer to his boyfriend and burying his face in his hair as though it were a place where he could seek solace from the stress that threatened to engulf him. Ryeowook, in turn, wrapped an arm around his shoulder and laid his head there, enjoying the warmth that radiated from him. They sipped their coffees and occasionally took bites from their cheesecake slices, smiling, laughing and kissing all the while.

As the time progressed, it felt as though the cheery spirits had always been there and there was no tension to begin with.

When the movie was nearing its end, Hyungsik's phone began to vibrate in its place on the table, signalling an incoming call.

Ryeowook looked down to his lover, who had eventually fallen asleep, currently laying on the couch with his head

Please log in to read the full chapter