The Confession

The Tears in Your Eyes (Discontinued)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hyungsik, Ryeowook and Jongwoon got together a few more times after their initial meeting. Slowly and subtly, Jongwoon started to pretend to be busy in order to give the other two a chance to bond. It didn't take a genius to know there was something in Hyungsik that made Ryeowook's eyes sparkle with fondness.

It was just another exhausting and draining day when it happened.

Ryeowook and Hyungsik were seated in a cozy restaurant, having dinner as they (Ryeowook to be precise) talked about work, hobbies, family and several other topics. Jongwoon had once again made an excuse to leave them alone, saying that he had to work overtime.

Hyungsik, unlike usual, seemed to be spacing out for most of that night. It looked as though he was pondering the answer to a complicated and long Maths question. 

Ryeowook was concerned and curious as to what had Hyungsik so deep in thought.

"So, what do you think about flowers?" Ryeowook tried to start yet another conversation.

"Cool. They are cool. And they suit you," Hyungsik replied in an unclear voice.

"Uh, thanks," Ryeowook's cheeks turned rosy pink even though he had no idea what the latter just said.

"Yeah, and... So cute!" Hyungsik's voice suddenly increased in volume, catching Ryeowook off guard.

"What is cute?" Ryeowook asked, confused and slightly frustrated that Hyungsik had been ignoring him for the better part of the night.

"Huh? Oh, nothing," Hyungsik's eyes gave away the fact that he was still thinking of something else.

"Hyungsik, I wish you would just listen to what I have been saying for the past," Ryeowook glanced at his watch, "Two hours?! I need to get home! I have an early shift tomorrow!"

Hyungsik finally snapped out of his revery upon hearing his companion's distressed remarks.

"Hey, don't worry Hyung; I've got my car with me. I'll drive you," he offered without hesitation, feeling both regretful and worried.

Ryeowook gladly accepted, not wanting to brave the cold and unknown threats that lie in the darkness of a moonless night.

The ride to Ryeowook's shared apartment with Jongwoon was silent; only the soft music from the radio filled the quiet atmosphere. It was a comfortable kind of quiet, though. Ryeowook might have been mad at Hyungsik for practically zoning out on him for two whole hours, but he was grateful for his generosity.

As the time ticked, Ryeowook grew more and more tired. The impending stress of the day gradually took a toll on him, leading him to be lulled into a light sleep by the soothing background music.

Meanwhile, after a few more minutes, Hyungsik was already pulling over right in front of the apartment complex. 

As t

Please log in to read the full chapter