The guy who let me stand like a fool

Let it rain

I brought my umbrella in hope that it would rain again.
My friends laughed at me because the weather forecast said that this day would be a sunny day with just a few clouds. And nothing else.
School ended and I stood at the schoolgate staring in the sky.
Nothing had changed.Not a single cloud.
What a pity.
Sigh

______-ah!”, my best friend shouted, “Seems like you won't meet your 'Rain man'?”
“Ji-Hyunnnnnn!! Pssssst, don't say it soo loud!! That's embarrassing!! And why do you give him that nickname?!”
“Why not? Haha!...Hmmm, when I look at the sky I can see that you brought your umbrella fully without use...”
“Yeah...”
“Don't be sad. There are still other guys to watch out.”
“Yea---, w-what are you talking about? I just want to thank him and give back his handkerschief! There isn't any other intension!”
My friend smiled brightly.

If you look at me this way I won't tell you anything up to now!”
Naaaah, I'm sorry. I was just fooling around. Let's go! Maybe he is waiting for you at the bus station!”
“As if...” I laughed.

We went on, but separated as soon as Ji-Hyun had to take the bus in the other direction.
I approached the bus stop and was looking around. Even though I said it before a part of me still hoped meeting him here again.
I could see a few people waiting for the bus. But he wasn't there.

With a sigh I placed myself next to the waiting group. There wasn't much time to have a chance to meet him. Whatever...I shouldn't worry about it anymore since he was the one who left our conversation. Maybe he didn't want it back?
All of a sudden my nose started to itch. I tried to find a handkerschief in my pocket to cover my akward face that was going to appear.
“ACHOOO!!!!!”
The people turned their head around after they heard my loud outcoming noise. How embarrasing!

Bless you. Are you okay?”, a guy next to me asked.
While bowing I simultanely thanked him. As I lifted my upper body I noticed someone familiar.

It was HIM. The owner of the handkerchief!!

You!---Yesterday!---” surprising I couldn't find my words.
“Haha. Yes, it's me. How are you? Are you sick because of the heavy rain yesterday?”
“O-oh, n-no, my nose just itched, so..e-ehm I just wanted to thank you again for yesterday and give back your handkerchief...”

He looked down to my right hand.

You mean the thing where you just sneezed in?”
I followed his stare finding a handkerchief crumpled up in my hand where you still could read “-ohyun”.
I just realized that I took the handkerchief of the wrong pocket of my coat.

Taking the wrong handkerchief to sneeze in.

“Aisssssh, that isn't what I have planned...”
My bus is coming. Since I have found you today -for a second time- you have to find me next time to return it to me. See you!”
He just disappeared in one second again.
Let me standing like a fool at the bus station. For another time.

Tzzz! Who does he think he is?
Did he really think that I would look for him?

He is just a stranger. Whose name is Nam Woohyun.
Whose handkerchief I just sneezed in...

 

 

Ji-Hyun laughed really hard when I reported about the incident.

You babo. Really. Haha, this can only happen to you.”
“Thanks for cheering me up. I think I will try to avoid him from now on. I will never go to this bus stop again. NEVER. So i needn't return this little stupid thing that just caused me only embarrassment and can burn it to ash.”

Haha, this is a veeeerrry good solution. By the way, this is just out of curiosity: How does he look like? Is he good-looking?”

To think of it I hadn't really concentrated on his appearance.
“Well...”, I tried to remember.

THE BELL RUNG! PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR SEATS!”, the teacher yelled.

Why?? It was going to be interesting..!”, Ji-Hyun complained.

I will write it on a sheet of paper, okay?”

She nodded immediately with full joy.

I started to write and cross out some words on the paper while hearing wordgroups of the announcement of the teacher:
Bla, bla final exams bla, bla better marks bla, bla extra courses bla, bla new student bla, bla transferred from bla, bla name Nam Woohyun bla, bla, bla, bla....”
Nam Woohyun?

Ji-Hyun turned around.

I looked up from my sheet of paper seeing the guy I meet the last two days ago.

The guy who let me stand like a fool at the bus stop twice.

 

It's him.”

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like it~~ :D