For a second I saw how serious he looked like

Let it rain

Since when were you listening?”

I just saw you leaving the school building and thought we could walk together for a bit, but then I coincidentally heard you when you start to change the topic from shoes to me.”

How can you eavesdrop-”

You want to say this to me? After you eavesdropped on a conversation of someone in particular?”

Immediately I close my mouth and looked down. 'Ackkk, he is right...'

Is this why you never greeted me at first and just nodded when I greeted you?”

I was to embarrassed when he caught me that I couldn't speak.

 

Hey,_______! Aren't you listening?”

Suddenly he lifted up my head. At once I closed my eyes. For a second I saw how serious he looked.

'Uff, he's mad...'

Listen: I'm not mad at you. I just want you to treat me as a friend. That's all.”

Slowly I opened my eyes. I could see his serious face clearly in front of me.

W-Why? Why are you so serious? This scares me a bit...”

It's because I'm really serious right now. Do you think I'm joking around?”

But why are you insisting on this so much? I mean-”

You heard what I was talking about that day, right? Sigh How do I say this? You have to know that I moved out with another reason...I want to find a very good friend since... I haven't really one.”

What? What are you talking about? You?! You must be joking right now!”

You are not believing it, right? Haha...however, it is true. My...my family moved so often that I couldn't make any friends I could trust. Yes, that's it...and you look quite trustworthy to me. Like for example when you are with your friend... ”

He didn't looked at me as he said this to me. He just gave a slight smile to the sky.

'That's his reason? Then why are you looking away with that expression in your eyes?'

I took a second to think about what I should tell him.

 

Okay, Woohyun-oppa. I will try my best to be your first good friend!”

'Since I feel that you are not telling me the truth...'

At once he turned back his head and smiled.

Really?”

Y-yup”, I stuttered as he saw directly in my eyes.

Then we went together to the bus stop. His indefinable expression had already gone away.

I didn't know what came over me. I didn't understand Woohyun at all. He is still like a stranger to me, but I just agreed to be friends with him. The most wondering thing was if I could handle such an inscrutable guy like him as a friend. Why couldn't he left my mind alone? Why am I interested if he's lying to me or not?

I looked at Woohyun and he was smiling, but then he suddenly started to cough hardly.

You are still that sick?”, I asked when I knocked a bit on his back to make him feel better.

Haha, just a bit. Cough, cough.”

You are saying 'just a bit', but it doesn't sound like that at all! Why didn't you rest at home, instead coming to school when you are coughing like that?”

I...I just wanted to meet you again.”

I widened my eyes at once, but then I just saw him grining.

Immediately I gave him a harder knock on his back.

What are you saying again, Woohyun-oppa?! It is a bit...greasy!”

Never, haha!”

He started to laugh and forgot about his cough.

I also laughed a bit, but then the laugh disappeared as a question popped out in my head.

Oppa? I'm just wondering...You said you haven't any friends...Didn't you make any friends at our school yet?”

Of course I have one. It is _______-ah!”

Woohyun-oppa~, that's not what I'm meaning. I mean since schoolmates are always surrounding you in the breaks I thought you had at least make friends with them...”

Are you joking? There are so many students! They come and go. How can I remember their faces not to speak of their names?! I'm glad that I know your name, ________!”

I started to laugh out loud. He surely didn't want to sound like that, but he sounded really arrogant.

Why are you laughing? Are you laughing that I just remember one name since the first day at this school? That's mean! Stop it right now!”

However I didn't stop.

You just can't order me! Hahahahaha!”

Ya! I will invite you to a drink when you stop laughing, okay?”

Immediately I stopped to laugh.

Huh?”

Yes, but stop laughing like that. You also can choose where to go since I don't know any places.”

No...no, I can't accept it...”

You can because this is also a thanks from me to you for my first close friend.”

'Close? I never said this...'

Come on! You said you will try your best to become my first good friend...”