Chapter 4. On the snake's tail

The game of law
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Police officer: Mr Kim Woohyuk is gone!

Jahoon: Wait! What do you mean by Woohyuk is gone? What happened to keep a close eye on him?!

Police officer: We got a quick radio message that the car that transported Woohyuk got hit by another driver. When other forces came to the scene, Woohyuk was gone and our officer seemed to be killed with a gun.

Jahoon: Put out a bullet for him and order all officers to keep an eye out for him. I want him captured by all means. Alive!

Police officer: Yes ma'am! Right away!

The officer saluted and ran away to fulfil his order. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. How could this happen? Perhaps Woohyuk is a part of King Cobra and got their help to escape? But what connection does King Cobra, Woohyuk and Joomin have? Yeonhee placed her hand on my shoulder in comfort. We walked further inside to find the other girls in our designated office.

Nana: You both have probably heard that Woohyuk is gone, right?

Yeonhee and I nodded. Everyone sighed and groaned in frustration as we leaned back in our chairs. The case has become even more complicated. It's like every time we get a step closer to solving the case, we get pushed a step back.

Jinny: What should we do now? Woohyuk is gone and we don't have any lead to continue the investigation.

Hyewon: I think I may have something to help you guys. I found the cameras Surrounding the streets of the accident. Take a look at this.

We all turned our heads to the big screen as Hyewon played the footage from the cameras. Everything seemed normal. Cars pass by one by one. Suddenly the police car in question showed up on the screen. Everything seemed normal. It was driving as it should. Then suddenly a truck appeared and rammed directly into the police car. It was a pretty bad hit as the police car was sent flying in the air and down hills. A few seconds later a group of men ran out of the truck and down to the police car that was now laying almost 500 meters away from the road. You could see a few of them trying to get a person out from the back seat while the others were shooting at the police officer. From the looks of it, it seemed like Woohyuk was still walking out of the wreck which was surprising.

Minju: How did he get out of that and still walk like normal?! You should be dead by now or at least have some broken bones, making you unable to move!

Hyejoo: Unless you already knew that it was going to happen and you prepared yourself with some protective gear. This seemed to be the case because the first responding team found several protective gear scattered around the car and a few meters away from there.

Nana: So this was planned after all? But why? What is the reason behind all of this?

Jahoon: Hyewon, did you find anything else? Like a connection to either of our victims? Other than being a friend and a boyfriend? There is no connection between the three of them.

Hyewon: There is no luck yet. The only possibility that I have found is that he killed his friend and girlfriend because they were cheating behind his back.

Yeonhee: What if it has something to do with King Cobra? Take a look at this.

We all turned back to the screen and saw a picture of the tattoo that the King Cobra members had and a picture of our first victim's tattoo. It was exactly the same.

Yeonhee: Both Joomin and Woohyuk have the same tattoo as what the members of King Cobra have. It seems like it is safe to say that they are members of King Cobra.

???: Then you guys just need to find the reason that Joomin and Mina got killed.

I turned around and saw a man in a suit walking inside the office. I was about to ask him who he was and what his business was when Nana got up on her feet and walked over to him.

Nana: Jisung! So glad to see you! We could really use a fresh pair of eyes right now. Woohyuk is gone and we don't have anything that will bind him to the murders or a matter of fact anyone at all.

Jisung: Alright tell me what you got and I will try and see how to help. Maybe telling me will help you guys notice stuff that you may have overseen.

Jisung sat beside me after we introduced ourselves to each other. We went over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter