Chapter 3. Who is the real one?

The game of law
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Man: What the hell are you talking about?! I'm Kim Woohyuk! I'm her boyfriend and the one who is living here!

Jahoon & Nana: Wait what?!

Nana: I'm sorry sir but do you have any identification on you? Anything to confirm your identity? And to answer your question, we are detectives from SPD on the job right now.

The guy who was supposed to be Woohyuk looked at both of us with suspicion but did as we asked. Nana took the ID and looked at it for a moment before looking at me and nodded.

Nana: It's a real one.

Woohyuk: Of course, it is a real one! What are you guys talking about?!

Jahoon: I think you should sit down. Please come with me. Nana, will you please continue the investigation while I have a chat with him?

Nana nodded and began investigating. Woohyuk and I walked into the bedroom beside and I made him sit down on the bed as I pulled a chair to sit in front of him.

Woohyuk: What the hell is this about?! What were you talking about and who would kill my girlfriend like that?!

Jahoon: That is what we are here to find out. An important question: Do perhaps have an identical brother?

Woohyuk: No, I don't or at least of what I know.

Jahoon: What about any tattoos? Can I see them?

Woohyuk: I have a few.

Woohyuk stood up and took his shirt off. I observed each of his tattoos and noticed one that was the exact same one as the one we found on the dead body behind Sweet Chick

Jahoon: The reason is that we found a dead body that matches you in terms of height and everything including the tattoo you have on the left side of your stomach. Have you lost your wallet before? Or do you know any possible way that it could happen?

Woohyuk: I don't remember losing my wallet but... Wait! One of my best friends since birth got the same tattoo as me. He is kind of the same height and builds as me. His name is Kim Joomin.

Jahoon: Do you know where I can find him?

Woohyuk: I'm not sure since I suddenly lost touch with him a few years ago. The last thing I heard about him was that he moved to Gangnam and got a job there as a bartender but where exactly, I don't know. I'm sorry that I can't help much more than that.

Jahoon: No need to worry, you have pretty much been a great help. Is there anyone that you can be staying with for the time being? As you may know, the apartment is going to be sealed off.

Woohyuk: My parents don't live that far from here, so they will probably allow me to stay with them for some time until I can find a new place to stay.

Jahoon: Alright. I will give you some time to pack the stuff that you need. When you the officer here will drive to the location.

Woohyuk began packing his stuff as I gave the order to the officer standing guard watching. I walked back inside to the living room to see the rest of the team already arrived.

Nana: How did the talk with Woohyuk go? Any clues? Do you think he could be the killer?

Jahoon: I don't think he is the one we are looking for. But he did give us a clue about who our victim at Sweet Chick is. His best friend Kim Joomin.

Hyejoo: That is actually good that you said that because I tried to run the DNA of the body in the system and it came up as the Kim Joomin guy. I made Hyewon look him up and it seemed like.....

Hyejoo glanced over to the room where Woohyuk was and gestured for all of us to move closer to her…

Hyejoo: It seems like Ji Mina and Kim Joomin had an affair behind Woohyuk's back. Hyewon found messages between Mina and Joomin where they had bragged about how oblivious Woohyuk was. Maybe Woohyuk found out about their affairs and ended the both of them due to jealousy.

Nana: That could possibly be the case. As of now, he is our main suspect but we have to keep our minds open in terms of any other suspect. I will order a unit to stay in front of his housing and keep an eye open. Let's quickly solve this mystery before any other corpses show up.

We all nodded and went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter