Chapter 1. Transfer

The game of law
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: So this is Seoul, huh? I don't see how special it is as people describe it.

I sighed as I looked out of the window as the taxa drove me to my location. Well, there is no turning back now. Also, there is no way that I would be able to do that since the order of transfer was from above. I got out of the car and looked at the building in front of me. So this is my new home? Well, at least they found a great home for me because if not then I would have caused problems. It's what they at least could do. I got my key to my apartment and walked inside to see it fully furnished. Before I could sit down or look around, my phone rang.

Jahoon: Hello?

Chief of Police (CoP): Jahoon, come to the police department at xxxx street to meet your new colleagues.

Jahoon: And I don't get some time to unpack or rest? You know that I just got here.

CoP: Don't worry. You will have a lot of time for that. This is more important. I will see you in 30 minutes.

Before I could open my mouth to say something, the chief hung up. I sighed and looked at my phone in disbelief. There is really no free time with this job. I got out of the building and was about to grab a cab when the security guard flagged me down.

Security guard: Wait, Miss Park! There has been left a set of keys for you. The car is waiting for you in the C2 parking lot right over there.

The security guard handed me the keys and pointed in the direction of the car. I thanked him and made my way to the car to find a BMW. At least it is new and not used. I drove to the police station and walked inside. People were looking at me and whispering. I did have a reputation among the police squads all over South Korea.

CoP: I was wondering what they all were whispering about but I should have figured it was because you were here. Come on. Let's go and meet your boss.

I followed him to an office with the words "Captain Kwon" on the door. We walked inside to see a girl sitting at her desk but stood up as soon as she noticed us.

CoP: This is Kwon Eunbi, Your new captain. I will leave now so the two of you can get to know each other. Also, Eunbi, make sure to get her comfortable with the new department and team.

The chief patted me on my shoulder and left. The girl, Eunbi, walked over to stand in front of me and reached her hand out for me to shake.

Eunbi: Nice to meet you. As you may have just heard, I'm your new captain. Nice to meet you.

A hurried knock was heard on the door. Eunbi yelled for them to come inside. A guy peeked his head inside.

Guy: There has just been reported murder, Captain!

Eunbi: Seems like the introduction will be cut short for now but you will get to know them quickly in the field.

We walked out of the office and over to a bunch of girls who were preparing themselves for the order to investigate.

Eunbi: Jahoon, this will be your new team. They will fill you in with the information needed. Go and find the murderer so that the country can be worry-free

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter