Moon Princess - Hyunjin

Play Pretend

You honestly hated the fact that your parents suddenly wanted to attend church. And not because they wanted to rekindle their relationship with their religion, but simply to impress your dad’s new boss in hopes of getting him a raise. You don’t understand the whole idea and chalked it up to being another adult thing that you’ll eventually learn once you graduate high school and are officially on your own. It was one thing to go to church on the weekend, but at night? You couldn’t fathom the idea and yet here you were, dressed in your Sunday’s best, walking through the empty walkways outside. 

Service ended nearly twenty minutes ago and while your parents stayed inside to chat with other patrons and network, you had snuck away to get some fresh air. The sun was just setting, the sky still a light blue and a cool breeze ran through the area every now and then. It was a beautiful evening, one you would rather spend inside your room with your friends, rather than out in public and bored out of your mind. Sighing softly, you stopped at one of the stone pillars, leaning against it as you watched a few of the straggling patrons make their way to the cars to leave. A woman stumbled and nearly broke the heel of her shoes and you couldn’t help but giggle at the awkward way she flailed before catching herself. 

Still amused, you glanced up at the sky, shocked to see a full moon smiling down at you. It was beautiful and the way the wind caressed your cheek as you slowly fell in love with the sight of the moon filled you with such a sense of warmth and familiarity that you just felt like you were slipping. Into what? You couldn’t be sure, but you were content to do it, and so you let the feeling wash over you. 

“My Princess.” The voice was right next to your ear, making you jump. A soft chuckled filled the air as a pair of arms circled around your waist. “So jumpy.”

“You scared me, Hyunjin.” You whined, a pout playing on your lips as you leaned back against his strong chest. The decorative chains on his outfit jingled with the movement and you shifted to make sure they wouldn’t tangle within your hair. 

“I’m sorry, sweetheart.” Hyunjin cooed lightly into your ear, his head lowering to rest on your shoulder as he held you against his chest. “I couldn’t help it, you were so distracted by the sky. What were you looking at?” 

You rolled your eyes as he comment, shaking your head slightly. Your eyes upce more to stare at the moon, a small smile gracing your lips. “The moon.” Hyunjin hummed softly in acknowledgment, head tilting to the side slightly so he could place a gentle kiss against your neck.  “It’s beautiful tonight.” You continued on, letting your head shift more to the side to give Hyunjin better access to your neck. You couldn’t deny that his kisses always felt amazing, no matter where he placed them. “I just feel so warm and safe staring at it.”

Silence fell between you two and Hyunjin paused his conquest of covering every inch of your neck in kisses. “Do you miss it?” He asked as he pulled away. Turning your head, you stared up at him, brows furrowed together in confusion. “Your home, do you miss it?” He asked once more and you felt yourself relax against him. Turning in his arms, you slipped your arms around his neck, fingers playing with the hair on the back of his neck. 

“My home is with you now.” You assured him, though it didn’t seem to be the answer he was looking for. 

“But you must be homesick, traveling all this way from the moon, to be here.” 

“I came here to be with you.” You insisted with a huff. “Because I love you. No amount of homesickness can take me away.” Staring into his eyes, you did your best to convey the sincerity in your words because they were true. You left your home, your family to be with the man you loved. The man who had courted you for so many years. You weren’t about to let a little bit of homesickness take away the love of your life from you. “My heart belongs to you, my prince. Believe me when I say this.”

“I do.” Hyunjin smiled brightly at that, eyes crinkling in that cute way that initially attracted you to him. He was the beautiful Earth prince but his beauty ran deeper than just his flawless and sculpted face. His heart was so pure and filled with love and he was just so kind and gentle. He was everything you had ever wanted in a potential husband and he was yours. All yours, forever. “I love you, Princess Y/n.” He whispered, head dipping down slightly to brush his lips against yours. 

“And I love you too, Prince Hyunjin.” Your eyes fluttered closed as you leaned forward, trying to close the gap between you. You wanted so desperately to feel his lips against yours - to taste him once again. You were so close. 

“Y/n!” The world around you shattered and you found yourself falling face-first into the stone pillar you had been leaning against. You whipped your head around, first to figure out who called your name and again to make sure no one had been around watching you as you were knees deep in your fantasy. You were alone and breathed a sigh of relief. “Y/n let's go!” 

“Coming daddy!” You called. Dusting off your dress, you turned and headed down the pathway towards your waiting father, passing by a smirking Hyunjin as you did. You caught his gaze from the corner of your eye and shook your head. Disappointed that things ended, but you knew when you got home things would start all over again.

You couldn’t wait.