White Knight - Jisung

Play Pretend

“Oh no! Sungie!” You cried out, standing from the pink flowery table in the corner of your room. You watched as three guards entered your room, two of them carrying a fourth. His clothes were tattered and torn, splotched with blood from the recent civil unrest. “What happened?” Rushing to your bedside, you knelt down next to it as Felix and Changbin laid him down on it carefully. 

“We were ambushed on the way back,” Chan reported, your head snapping in his direction. He stood there at attention, shoulders square and tense. Yet within his eyes reflected sorry and guilt. Guilt for letting one of his teammates get hurt in the line of duty. “Jisung took the brunt of the fight. I-“ Chan seemed to have choked on his words, eyes closing tightly as he lowered his head in shame. 

“It’s not your fault, Channie.” You told him, sincerity laced in your voice. He lifted his head and gave a soft smile, and it helped ease the pain in your heart some. Your attention turned back to the injured guard in your bed. Brown fringe was plastered to his dirty, sweaty face, yet he was still so handsome. “Don’t worry, Sungie, we’re gonna get you fixed right up.” You assured him, though you weren’t sure if he could hear you in his current state - eyes closed and breathing shallow. 

Standing, you moved to your vanity, eyes scanning over its contents. While you wouldn’t consider yourself a healer, you were pretty decent at making healing potions and salves. Jisung’s wound seemed pretty standard, probably created by a sword or dagger of some kind. It would need to be cleaned thoroughly, but the healing salve wouldn’t need to be complex. You grabbed a few herbs, plucked a few petals, and cradled two vials gingerly in your arms before making your way back to the bed. Taking a seat once more by the side, you set to work after assigning Felix and Changbin to clean out the wound.

Five minutes later, you were covering the wound with salve and bandaging Jisung up. He never once stirred and you hoped that was a good sign, that he was resting. Because he was going to need all the rest he could get to heal properly. 

“Y/n!” The world around you seemed to shatter and the body on your bed disappeared. The men around you also disappeared, leaving you alone in your room. There were no flowers or vials. No wrappings or dirty clothes. Everything that had just happened disappeared from the world and for a brief moment you were left sad. “Y/n!”

“Coming mommy!” You called back as you got up and ran to your bedroom door that was slightly ajar. Hand on the knob, you paused at the feeling of eyes on you. Looking back, you smiled widely as you saw Chan, Felix, Changbin, and Jisung all sitting around your small table, teacups placed perfectly in front of them. “Don’t worry guys, I’ll be right back and then we can play tea party!” You giggled. They said nothing - just simply smiled. Nodding to them, you quickly left your room before your mom could call for you once more. If she did that, you knew you would be in serious trouble.