Chapter 2

Afterglow: That Winter Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next morning, the three girls are already in the airport waiting to board the plane. While waiting they ate some snacks, Joy and Yeri couldn't contain their excitement, it makes Irene happy to see them like that, even if that is her best friend and her little sister, it feels like she's a mother, happily watching her kids as they freely do what they want.

 

Irene practically became Yeri's parent, when Irene was 16 and Yeri was 11, their parents sadly passed away from an accident. That day Irene didn't know what to do, she felt devastated that their parents were gone too early, she wanted to take a longer time to mourn but she didn't have that because she thought about her sister. Ever since her sister was born, Irene's parents keep on reminding her that no matter what she should always be strong for herself and for her sister, she was always advised to be a great model for her sister. Irene did not break that promise. After the tragic death of their parents, their Aunt helped them, it was her mother's sister, Taeyeon. She helped Irene especially and practiced Irene for the reality of life as Irene is almost entering college. Taeyeon helped both of them so much until finally Irene had a job so they decided that Irene could finally stand up. Irene was 21 when she got a proper job, in that job she met Seulgi. Until now she still works there and she was just promoted a few months ago. With that she can finally provide for her sister through her own money, she can pay for Yeri's university needs and just overall their needs.

 

"Unnie that's our flight let's go" Joy said as she tapped Irene on the shoulder.

 

She knew that Irene was probably thinking about her past or what happened to her and Seulgi. It hurted her so much to see her friend so sad. Joy was 17 when she met Irene who was 20 at the time, the extroverted Joy talked to everyone but one specific person made her feel comfortable the most, it was Juhyun. The Juhyun that everyone calls as the intimidating pretty girl. She felt her kindness and they became close when Irene opened up to Joy about her life problems. Both of them cried that day and Irene was really thankful to have a friend that can be her older sister too, her pretend enemy, her other little sister, her adviser and all. Joy is the best.

 

"Sooyoung-ah please help me here" Irene said as she fixed their stuff. Joy went to Irene and helped her as Yeri was fixing herself.

 

They walked to board the plane and once they got there they seated, Irene was in the middle while Joy was on the aisle, leaving Yeri ok the window side which she thinks is the best spot.

 

"Unnie, we'll help you get through your problem ok?" Yeri randomly said and held her sister's hand. She then clung her arm and rested her head to her sister's shoulder.

 

Irene felt happy that even if she lost the love of her life, she got to be with her sister and friend for a short getaway.

 

The flight took off and all of them fell asleep.

 

~

 

On the other hand there is Seulgi, now in Wendy's house for almost a week now. 

 

She still goes on a date with Sunmi however during that week, she feels distracted and bothered.

 

"Hey are you ok babe?" Sunmi asked Seulgi. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter