Chapter 4

Afterglow: That Winter Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was now past midnight. Irene is still awake, she can't sleep.

She her phone and saw some notifications of Seulgi's messages. It was about 400 messages now because she haven't opened any of it since Seulgi started messaging her after their break up.

4 years is a long time for them to be together, Irene believed that maybe she put so much on their relationship that she forgot herself in the process.

She still loves Seulgi but she knows her worth now. She knows that if they're really meant, they will end up together again.

For now, she wants to focus on herself. She wants to succeed in her job, she wants to spoil her sister and her friend, she wants to take time and heal.

This is the first time in 4 years that she'll spend Christmas alone. She has Yeri and Joy but, she's also used to spending Christmas with Seulgi, laying on the most comfortable set up movie theater of Seulgi in their house.

She wants Seulgi to be happy, she doesn't want to be selfish. She doesn't regret being with Seulgi but she's disappointed in herself that she couldn't fight enough, she couldn't give Seulgi more time lately.

She hopes Seulgi will be happy. Irene wants to say a lot to Seulgi, but she's too fragile now. She can't face Seulgi. She just scrolled and scrolled on her phone and just fell asleep.

 

~

 

Meanwhile

There is Seulgi, staring at a window. She remembers how last Christmas she was with Juhyun, on their bed with the blankets and pillows she prepared, the food they share together while they watch a movie.

She could've done something earlier. However, she choose this. She's tired of longing, she misses Irene so much. She texted Irene again, with hopes that maybe Irene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter