Chapter 1

Afterglow: That Winter Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

December 17th

"Dear Juhyun, 

I am sorry for every word I have said. I didn't mean it, I never regretted being with you and spending time with you. I know what I did and said was wrong. 

But I have to be honest now, I think this isn't for us anymore. I'm sorry my Hyun. I tried to fight too. I don't think this is working anymore. Through this letter, I hope I can give you a closure. I did love you, and that fact won't change. For now, it's best for us to go on our separate ways. I'm sorry for what I did, you deserve someone so much better than me. Thank you for everything, Juhyun and I'm sorry, truly.

Love, Seulgi"

 

Irene's tears fell after reading Seulgi's letter. How can fate be so cruel to them and why did it decide to break them? With a broken heart, Irene walked in the middle of the night, a freezing cold winter night. The night when Seulgi left her.

 

Flashback 

December 9th

A night full of screams and fighting. Irene is crying as Seulgi keeps on shouting "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS WITH HIM? ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?" Irene replied while crying " I-I am not! Why are you accusing me of that?" Irene was frustrated and hurt because her lover is currently doubting her.

 

" all of this, I am heading out!" Seulgi screamed and left their shared apartment. 

 

Irene fell on her knees and cried. How did they get to this point. Her heart is filled with sadness and frustrations. Knowing that they have been together for 4 years, it pains Irene even more that her lover doubted her and accused her of cheating. 

 

Earlier that day, Irene went to work and during her break she decided to roam around the city. Feeling the cold breeze of air while walking, Irene brought her heat pack and continued to walk until someone called her name, "Irene? Is that you?" the man asked. Irene turned around and saw the man, it was Suho, her closest friend and cousin since diapers. They were separated when they were 15 because Suho's family had to move out of the country. At first Suho moved out, they talked a lot and eventually it stopped as they became busier. With this they rarely talk with each other for a few years even if they're cousins. 

 

Irene smiled when she sees him, it has been a while since they talked and she's glad that she still feels close to him, Irene immediately ran to Suho and hugged him while he hugged back. They were all smiley.

 

Little did they know, Seulgi, Irene's lover for 4 years, saw the interaction and she was not happy. How can Irene be such careless and hug a random man who Seulgi doesn't know. 

 

That's what happened. Seulgi didn't know Irene and Suho are cousins. 

 

Irene lay down in her bed, eyes running dry from crying so much. Every pain she feels right now is undeniable. Her friend Joy is currently calling her but she doesn't have any strength to pick it up. She then fell asleep. Dreaming about how happy she is with Seulgi as they watch the sunrise on the beach. 

 

Irene then woke up, she heard some noises and the door opened. She's expecting it was Seulgi. She needs to fix this.

 

She went out of the room and saw nobody, "Seulgi, are you there?" She shouted.

 

No sign of Seulgi.

 

She decided to go to the guest room and there she saw Seulgi, drunk and sleeping. Alcohol reeks out. Irene wanted to cry seeing her lover like this.

 

She decided to change Seulgi's clothes and while she's doing it, Seulgi mumbles "I don't love you." Irene was shocked but she knew Seulgibis dreaming. "I love Sunmi" When Irene heard that, her world stopped.

 

She fell to her knees. 

 

That's when she decided to look at Seulgi's phone. She doesn't normally do this but she feels like she needs to do it now.

 

Looking at her contacts she saw her name and then a latest message arrived. It was from 'Honey🧡' Irene opened the message and there it is.

 

She saw everything.

 

She found out that Seulgi and Sunmi have been together for about 2 months now.

 

I thought that this explains why Seulgi has been so short-tempered with her lately. 

 

She didn't know what to do anymore. She's so fragile and weak. The 4 years they've been together, it all feels useless. Irene feels useless. She knows she can't fully blame Seulgi because the past months she has been so busy working and the fact that Seulgi misinterpreted when she saw Irene and Suho. 

 

Irene didn't know what to do anymore.

 

She spent the rest of the time in the guest room with Seulgi, sitting on the floor, leaning towards the wall as she cried her heart out.

 

December 10th

 

The next morning, Seulgi woke up with a massive headache. She was holding her head as she felt dizzy. 

 

When she completely opened her eyes, she saw Irene lying on the floor while sleeping. Looking lifeless and tired.

 

Honestly, it breaks Seulgi's heart to see Irene like that. She loved Irene.

 

Right now, she doesn't know if she still loves Irene like how she used too. After their fight yesterday, everything is just a mess.

 

Seulgi is well aware of her actions too. She knows she has not been faithful to Irene for the past 2 months. 

 

She can't help it, she feels happy with Sunmi. 

 

Seulgi get off the bed and tried to balance herself and carried Irene to the bed.

 

Even if she feels like she doesn't feel the same feeling with Irene anymore, she still cares for her.

 

Seulgi went out of the room and looked for headache relievers and ate breakfast. While she was eating she heard the door of the guest room and Irene just woke up. 

 

Based on Irene's look, she's definitely not in the mood.

 

"Irene, eat breakfast here baby," Seulgi calmly said. She knows they're still not ok but she wants Irene to eat.

 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter