SIX

Set Me Free

 

Sana was a nightmare. Nayeon was utterly captivated.

 

They sat together in a cozy booth at a Sushi restaurant recommended by Sana, whom Nayeon learnt was actually Japanese.

 

“Did you not know I was Japanese after knowing my last name?”

 

“Umm…” Was all Nayeon could muster.

 

Sana’s hand went onto Nayeon’s arm as they talked. If Nayeon had not been interested in the girl, she might not have noticed. The touch however felt like burns to her skin.

 

“Why did you choose this place when I suggested we meet?” Nayeon suddenly asked. “Also, thanks for agreeing to have dinner with me.”

 

“I wanted to thank you for taking care of my car. It’s my absolute treasure and you don’t know how grateful I am.” Sana answered with a smile. “So yeah, dinner’s on me.”

 

“Thank you.” Nayeon says with an awkward raise of her green tea mug.

 

“How’s the food so far?”

 

“Not bad. Good recommendation.” Nayeon picked up a salmon sushi and ate it.

 

“Right? I always have good taste.” The bubbly girl reached out with a finger and wiped the soy sauce off the corner of Nayeon’s lips. “Wait. Is that one of the shades from M.A.C?”

 

Nayeon’s mind was still in the middle of processing the intimate gesture when she realized Sana recognised her lipstick brand. “Y-Yeah- How did you-”

 

“It suits you. This shade.” Sana props a hand on the table, resting her chin on it as she studies Nayeon intently.

 

“I guess it does.” Nayeon smiles despite her face flushing up. “I do like this shade a lot.”

 

“You know what suits you.” Sana agreed, letting her hand fall back onto Nayeon’s arm on the table where she casually lets her hand rest over Nayeon’s arm for the remainder of their dinner.

 

Nayeon kept casting glances on their joint skin interaction right under her nose. It was difficult to not look when her entire arm felt like it was going to melt from the heat.

 

“So. I hereby extend my invitation to you, Minatozaki Sana.”

 

Sana brightens even more. “To a second dinner?”

 

Nayeon chokes and lets out a cough. She started in a tone louder than expected. “To the race!”

 

Sana chuckles, giving Nayeon’s arm a squeeze. “Gladly accepted. When is it?”

 

“Next week. If you are free, that is.”

 

“I’d make myself free to see the Im Nayeon race.” Sana winks.

 

“And a second dinner. If you are free… That is…” Nayeon mumbled the latter part, averting her glance to the empty sushi plate before looking back at Sana who was gazing at her just as intently as she had been before.

 

“Are you asking me out?”

 

“Yes. No.”

 

Sana bursted into another laughter. “Is that a yes or no?”

 

“Yeah. I mean, as friends. You know?” Nayeon gestured, biting on her lower lip.

 

“Of course. As friends.” Sana repeated, and then smiled. “You’re not getting away easily from this.”

 

“What?”

 

It gets a little scary when you do not know what was going through Minatozaki Sana’s mind. One can only imagine how Nayeon must be feeling from the flirty lines being tossed her way. One can also probably relate to how much Nayeon desired Sana.

 

Sana leaned forward and whispered into Nayeon’s ear. If Nayeon had not had enough of Sana’s fragrance then, she could definitely even smell the girl’s shampoo now. If she had not felt light headed from Sana’s scent, she might as well faint from Sana’s words.


 

“I said you are not getting away just yet.”