THREE

Set Me Free

 

Nayeon turns around and gets into her car, giving Sana an awkward smile. “So yeah. Someone’s coming to collect your car. Where am I taking you?”

 

Sana flashed the address on her phone. Nayeon leaned closer to look, holding her breath after catching a whiff of the sweet floral fragrance.

 

“Okay, buckle up!” She says in a brighter than usual tone.

 

Sana pointed cutely at her buckled up seat belt, which earned her a blush from Nayeon who fumbled with her own seat belt and gear as she pulled into Drive mode.

 

The drive was not quiet. Sana had plenty of questions to keep them both rather entertained for the entire ride. Nayeon, being quite chatty herself, did not mind the endless chatter and quite enjoyed it.

 

“How long have you had this car?”

 

Nayeon grinned. “Two years. It was a gift to myself for having done well in that race.”

 

“You race?” Sana gasped.

 

“Can’t you tell?” Nayeon quirked an eyebrow but shook her head lightly. “Sorry, no. I shouldn’t have assumed.”

 

A light burst of laughter erupted from Sana. Nayeon took a curious glance at the girl in her passenger seat. 

 

“Nayeon, it’s fine. I was just curious about you.” Sana rested a hand casually on Nayeon’s shoulder, letting it trail down lightly to her forearm as if it was a friendly gesture.

 

The touch sent tingles down Nayeon’s spine. “D-Do you watch races?”

 

“I do.”

 

Nayeon caught the glint in Sana’s eye as the girl smirked. “Really? Which ones have you seen?”

 

“Yours.”

 

She inhaled a little too quickly, coughing as the air went down the wrong pipe. “What?!”

 

“I was just kidding!” Sana ended up laughing again. A light tinkling pitch which made Nayeon unconsciously smile. “I’d like to watch you race though.”

 

“Well, I would give you the VIP invitation.” Nayeon said slowly, eyes lingering on the long road.

 

Sana’s reply came as quick as marshmallows roasting over a hot fire. “I wouldn’t expect anything lesser.”

 

“I see someone’s keen.” Nayeon was surprised.

 

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Sana winked as Nayeon casted a glance at her, lips tugging up in a smirk as she saw Nayeon’s ear reddening.