FOUR

Set Me Free

 

The rest of the ride left Nayeon in such a mess she decided to get herself an iced drink to cool off the thoughts flooding her heated head.

 

“One iced Americano please.”
 

She leaned against the counter to wait, fingers fidgeting over the latest added number in her phone contacts.


 

Minatozaki Sana.


 

Staring at the name only made her recall the slight floral scent deeply embedded into her brain.

 

“Miss?”

 

She lets out a sigh, thumbing at the name like an idiot.

 

“Hello, Miss? Your iced Americano.”

 

She began wondering if she could find Minatozaki Sana on instagram. Would that be too stalkerish of her? They did meet and introduce each other and they were going to have to meet again anyway for the return of that gorgeous Chevrolet.

 

“Nayeon?”

 

The familiar sweet husky voice sent goosebumps springing up her arm.

 

She looked up and blinked at the sight of the black leather jacket. “M-Mina? What are you doing here?”

 

The dark haired girl smiled like she always did as when they dated. “I was actually… looking for you. Here.”

 

Nayeon stared at the Iced Americano in Mina’s hands.

 

“That’s your drink. The girl called your name several times but you ignored her.” Mina gave another one of her enchanting smiles to the server behind the cashiering unit who in turn let out a soft squeal.

 

Nayeon flashed an apologetic smile to the server before returning her attention swiftly to the dark haired beauty in front of her.

 

“Are you real?” She blurted out.

 

Mina chuckled. “Are you drunk?”

 

Nayeon’s face darkened and Mina turned solemn. “I’m sorry. I should not have said that.” Mina bit her lower lip, looking down. “I'm sorry.” She repeated in a softer tone.

 

How could she be mad at this girl?

 

Myoui Mina who stayed by her side when she was down. Myoui Mina who held her hand and hugged her through the nights she went cold turkey off alcohol. Myoui Mina who never gave up but eventually walked away because she did not have any strength left.

 

Myoui Mina whom she would never blame because it was her fault.

 

“A little too soon.” Nayeon says quietly with a pained smile. She gently nudged Mina by the arm and it made Mina smile again, albeit slowly this time.

 

How she missed seeing that.