Talk that Talk part 2

Of Secret Love and Blatant Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

half-sister

a sister with whom one has only one parent in common.

"Irina was his half-sister and the daughter of Turakina by his father"

 

 

That's what half sister is, right? 

 

 

 

 

Winter thought she already had the biggest shock earlier today, but here goes Karina.. slapping her with the largest one ever. Is she being serious? While Winter even had an "allergy" episode and thought that Karina is taken, she was actually feeling everything over Karina's sister? How could it be more embarrassing than having a big crush on someone you claim to hate? And Winter doesn't even have a crush on Karina! She's just... really pretty? Yes, she is. Even though she's not very tall, she's so thin she looks like a stick, which isn't helping her build up any muscle at all... 

 

"You mean.. Rosie is not.." Karina didn't even let her finish and just nodded. "Yes, Winter. She's not my girlfriend. We weren't together."

 

"T-Then why did she--"

 

1

 

 

 

2

 

 

 

3

 

 

 

Karina knew exactly what Winter is thinking now. She sighed, "yes, she was messing with you and trying to give us a little push." 

 

Karina looked away from Winter for the first time since they entered the room. Her lips pressed into a line and then formed an apologetic smile," I'm sorry for that. Please don't think badly of me, I know how much this hurts you-" Winter interrupted her before she could say anymore. "No, no, no, let me get this straight. You and Rosie are sib-half siblings and she did that earlier because she wants us to be together?" Karina nodded.

 

"Did you think it was a good idea?" The taller girl immediately (and violently) shook her head. "No! I never told her to do this, she did this on her own and I tried to stop her but--"

 

Winter nodded, almost in a daze. There is just too much information right now and she just can't absorb it right now.

 

 

Karina likes her.

 

 

 

 

And obviously, she likes Karina. She wouldn't feel so frustrated now if she doesn't. 

 

 

 

 

It's just... 

 

 

 

 

 

It's just too much right now for Winter.

 

 

 

 

And then there was that surge of embarrassment as she remembered all the crying and the self-pity.. How embarrassing!

 

 

"So..." Karina cleared , trying to get her friend back to reality. "What does this mean for us now?" Winter felt herself flinch at the question and the sudden shift in tone. But then again, it should have been obvious. Karina was always nice about this kind of stuff. And now... What else would it mean now?

 

 

 

 

"Well... I still... like you.." Winter said, looking down and biting her lip. "And I hope we're still friends. But..." This time, she couldn't bring herself to meet Karina's eyes. She knew that she probably sounded like some kind of loser. "But I'm not good enough for you. You deserve someone who's.. who's beautiful and kind and.." She couldn't bring herself to look at Karina anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter