My Friend

Of Secret Love and Blatant Hatred.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were engulfed with silence after that. No one dared to speak or move. It was as if time was at a standstill. They both just continued staring at each other, praying that the other wouldn't notice their nervousness. But it was pretty obvious, anyone would notice Winter playing with her fingers and Karina slightly blushing after just letting it out. Except, they're both busy trying to mask their nervousness so they failed to notice that they are actually feeling the same thing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Barely able to calm herself down, Winter laughed awkwardly. Karina's eyes slightly widened, surprised with the sudden laughter. It came out of nowhere and Karina can't help but wonder if the other is laughing because she found her confession funny or something. And hey! That's a lot worse than rejection, you know?

 

 

 

 

 

Winter looked away for a second, then sighed as her last resort to calm herself down, before returning her gaze to her slightly offended dance partner. With the stiffest smile on her lips, she shrugged and said, "well, I can't blame you. People would get charmed after spending too much time with me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Karina blinked. And blinked. And blinked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She didn't expect to hear such words from Winter. She didn't seem the type to mess around like that... Heck, she doesn't even seem like the type to flirt! 

 

Wait, what if she isn't really flirting and Karina's just assuming because... in case anyone needs a reminder... she has a crush on Winter... maybe!

 

 

 

 

Failing to get the reaction she wanted, Winter's smile vanished. That was a joke! Can't Karina even smile like a decent human being at least? Winter was genuinely annoyed and just wanted to get out of there and so she did. But of course, not without leaving a reminder to her still so absent-minded dance partner.

"'​​​​​I'll just see you tomorrow and can you please come with your mind? Space out one more time and I'll walk out on you," Winter said, annoyed. Karina nodded almost immediately, a blush slightly forming once more. Winter didn't care though, and just rolled her eyes before walking out the door leaving Karina with her messy and ... quote unquote, embarrassing feelings.

She hated to admit it, but while Winter looks so mad at her just now, all Karina can think about is how adorably hot she looked. Adorably hot... Karina pinched herself. How can she even think that? She's so stupid!

And reasonably stupid, she clarified. Because hey! Who wouldn't be a simp for Winter?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then came the day for their actual dance performance. It was Ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter