Oblivious

Curtain Call

“A thumb??!!”

 

Becky stared unbelievably at her phone screen.

 

“That’s all? A thumb? Not even two thumbs? But, a thumb???!!”

 

She put aside her phone as she groaned in desperation. She rested her back to the bed post, weighing whether she should type a reply or not. After couple of minutes, she decided not to reply to Freen and let out a silent sigh.

 

“Why do I feel this thing towards you, Phi Freen?” She mumbled as her hand took the phone and tapped Freen’s profile before tapping on the profile picture, making the picture fill up her phone screen. A picture of them side by side, her hand pinched Freen’s cheek.

 

“Why do I want to kiss your cheek?”

 

Her eyes moved to Freen’s lips.

 

“And kiss your lips as well...”

 

She heaved a sigh as she closed the picture and locked her phone.

 

“I am so excited about tomorrow. But you only replied me with a thumb emoji!”

 

She raked her hair in annoyance.

 

“I am totally friendzoned!”

 

“You’re so doomed.” A man’s voice startled her and made her phone slipped off from her hand.

 

“Richie! Why don’t you knock the door?”

 

The man who was just entered the room only laughed at the reaction Becky had.

 

“What? Am I not allowed to get into my sister’s room now?”

 

“At least knock, can you?” Becky pouted as she took the phone which was slipped off from her hand before. She unlocked the phone and closed the line app which was previously opened.

 

“Are you chatting with your girlfriend?” Richie teased his sister and giving an air quotation mark with his hands at the word girlfriend.

 

“Shut up. She is not my girlfriend!” Becky sulked, the pout didn’t leave her face at all.

 

“Who are we talking about? I didn’t even mentioned a name and you immediately negate my statement.” Richie chuckled at the immediate response.

 

Becky’s stare pierced at his brother, she was was definitely annoyed.

 

“You only refer girlfriend to Phi Freen. No one else.”

 

“Of course it needs to be Freen. Come on, she is your Khun Sam.”

 

“Exactly! My Khun Sam. Not my Phi Freen.”

 

Richie shook her head in amusement as he made her way to the bed, where Becky was sitting. He took a seat next to Becky and circled one hand around Becky’s shoulder.

 

“Do you really like Phi Freen?”

 

“Isn’t that obvious?” Becky still had the pout on her face.

 

Richie chuckled and nodded. “It is that obvious. I think everyone knows that. The shippers are there for a reason, you know?”

 

“What’s the point? Phi Freen doesn’t seem to be aware of my feelings.” She played with her phone and opened twitter, scrolling through the updates which mostly consisted of freenbeck shippers.

 

Richie shrugged before stealing Becky’s phone and closed the twitter app and switched to line app, immediately opened line app and typed a message to the last person Becky chatted with. He managed to tap on the send button before Becky snatched the phone back from him.

 

“Oh my God! Richie!!” She hold the message that was just sent but let out another gasp when she saw that the message was already read.

 

“I can’t believe you do that.” She sulked as she kept her gaze on the screen which showed the last message sent.

 

You: P’Freen, I like you so much!

 

Richie just laughed hard and stood up from the bed before running out of his sister’s room. Leaving Becky who still stared at the phone screen as another bubble chat appeared showing a reply from the person across the line.

 

Baby 🐰: Are you drunk, bb?

 

Becky groaned at the reply. “You really are oblivious, Phi Freen!!!”

 

 

***