I Like You

Curtain Call

The filming had done and the artists were busy cleaning up their makeup and changed their clothes. Freen had changed into grey t-shirt and black ripped jeans. She sat in front of the vanity, trying to remove the makeup that had been stayed on her face. It was refreshing for her to finally remove the layers of makeup on her face, from the concealer, foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick, and blush on that she had since the sun was up in the sky until the moon replace the sun, and the clock almost ticked to midnight. How she wished she had Doraemon’s Anywhere Door and stepped herself into her room so she could take the rest she needed the most right now.

 

When she was into her imagination of having Doraemon’s Anywhere Door, a woman figure sat on the chair in front of the vanity next to her, making Freen turned her head and pouted her lips when she saw the one who just took a seat next to her was Becky that had been giving her silent treatment all day long since Saint’s visit this morning. They only had proper conversation as Khun Sam and Mon during the filming and not a single word were exchanged between them as if they didn’t know each other. All the crews and artists could notice the tension between them including Nam who was confused as she saw Becky would stay with Irin during the whole filming and Freen stuck with her.

 

“Until when will you ignore me like that, Becky?” Freen opened the conversation with the girl next to her while her eyes fixed to her own reflection in the mirror, continuing to remove the makeup.

 

The mentioned girl only took a deep breath, but not a single word escaped from .

 

Freen finally put the facial cotton she used to remove the makeup and swivel the chair she sat on to face the actress she secretly liked. “I can’’t understand what’s in your mind and in your heart if you won’t let me know what is it, Becbec.” Her tone turned softer when she saw Becky’s tired face. Freen was also tired, but she realized that she was the older one here, and she should be wiser and tried to solve their problem instead of sulking along with Becky.

 

Becky took another deep breath before turned her head to Freen. Her lips turned into a frown and her eyes seemed weary. “I am tired…” Only three words she uttered before she turned her head back to face mirror and took facial cotton to remove the makeup on her face.

 

A smile plastered on Freen’s face. Finally Becky was willing to exchange words with her. She then pulled her chair to be closer to the other girl. “Here, let me help you remove your makeup.” She stated as she also took the facial cotton and milk cleanser. She then pinched the younger’s chin carefully and made the girl turned her head to her. When their eyes met, Freen smiled sincerely and gently patted Becky’s cheek. “You often carelessly clean your eye makeup. I am afraid that you will get eyesore again.”

 

Becky smiled along and silently held Freen’s hand which cover her cheek. “I am still mad at you, but I also want to be spoiled.” Becky let out a sigh before closing her eyes. “Can I have a sleepover in your place?” Becky seemed very tired and wanted to rest.

 

“Of course you can. We can also have some pillow talk if you want to. Now, let me clean your face first.” Freen started to gently remove the makeup on Becky’s face with the cotton in her hand, while Becky still had her eyes closed, letting Freen remove the makeup.

 

After quite sometimes, Freen finally stopped and smiled while staring at Becky. “Done!” She threw away the cotton she used to the bin next to her feet and gently patted Becky’s cheeks with both her hands. “How can you be so beautiful even without any makeup on?” She excitedly said, making Becky chuckled hearing it.

 

“What a talker,” Becky finally opened her eyes and stared at Freen’s eyes which also looked exhausted. “You must be very tired right now.”

 

Freen nodded in answer, but a smile still plastered on her face. “I want to borrow Doraemon’s Anywhere Door so I don’t need to drive home.”

 

Becky chuckled again as she heard Freen’s comment. “Should we take taxi instead?” She took both of Freen’s hands and held them. “I am worried you will get sick if you’re too tired.”

 

Freen squeezed Becky’s hands gingerly. “You will take care of me if I get sick.”

 

“I am not gonna do that.”

 

“But you’ve always took care of me all these time.”

 

“You can ask Phi Saint to take care of you instead.” Becky sneered as she mentioned Saint. That thing didn’t go unnoticed by Freen, making a lightbulb inside Freen’s head turned bright, she finally understood why Becky sulked all day.

 

“Are you mad at me because you’re jealous of Phi Saint?”

 

“What? No!” Becky frowned while taking her hands from Freen. “Confident much, aren’t you?”

 

Freen laughed at the sight before her eyes. Now she was pretty much sure, the source of Becky’s outburst was because she was jealous at Saint. “Becbec, I’ve told you that I want to be the person you love. Not Phi Saint.”

 

Becky’s smile reappeared on her face upon hearing Freen’s statement. “What a smooth talker.”

 

“I mean it, Becbec…” Freen took Becky’s hand and held it in hers. “I really mean it when I say I want to be the person you love. Please don’t be mad at me.”

 

“Okay ka.” Becky answered softly.

 

“Eiiiyyyy, they’re finally make up to each other!” Nam’s and Irin’s high pitched voice suddenly rang from behind the two girls. Both girls startled and released each other’s hands in reflex.

 

“Phi Nam!”

 

“Irin!”

 

Both girls immediately shouted at their friends who were laughing behind them.

 

“What are you doing? You startled us!” Becky put one hand on her chest, trying to calm her heart down because of the surprise from her two friends.

 

Irin tried to muffle her laugh as she made her way to approach Freen and Becky. “Why do you take a long time to makeup? It’s so weird watching you guys ignoring each other. You made things awkward!” Irin said as she poked Becky’s arm.

 

“These two lovebirds really love to make a scene, don’t they?” Nam added as she also poked Becky’s arm, followed with poking Freen’s arm.

 

“Who are you calling lovebirds?” Freen shrugged off once she heard the way Nam addressed them, earning more laughter from both Irin and Nam.

 

Both Freen and Becky only let out a sigh while as they looked at each other with a smile on their face. Freen had no idea what was the meaning behing Becky’s smile. But for the meaning behind her own smile meant she was happy because Becky was no longer mad at her.

 

“Anyway, me and Becky are going home now. We’re tired.” Freen interupted Irin and Nam’s laughter as she tidied up her belongings into her bag and stood up from her seat. She then stretched her hand towards Becky who immediately took her hand and held it.

 

“Eyyyy, moving fast aren’t you?” Nam continued her teasing but got nothing in response as Freen and Becky immediately walked out of the room while holding hand

 

 

***

 

 

“You said, you’re no longer mad at me. By why there is so much space between us?” Freen poked Becky’s back which faced her. Both girls already arrived at Freen’s house, took a bath, changed their clothes, and right now they were already in Freen’s bed, trying to sleep. Freen’s poke made Becky turned her body to Freen. Freen immediately smiled once she was able to see Becky’s face. “Is there anything you’d like to talk about?” Asked Freen as her hand landed on Becky’s waist.

 

Instead of answering, Becky scooted closer to Freen and circled her arm on Freen’s waist. “You said you’re tired. Let’s sleep.” She mumbled as she closed her eyes.

 

“I can’t sleep before I am sure that you’re okay, Becbec.” Freen answered gently. “Me and Phi Saint are just good friends. Phi Saint has helped me a lot so I can get to be in this project.”

 

A sigh escaped from Becky’s lips before she opened her eyes again. “Yeah… It doesn’t matter though. I got no right to get jealous.”

 

Freen furrowed her eyebrows. “What do you mean?”

 

“I am not your girlfriend or whatsoever. I don’t have right to get mad or jealous. Let alone forbid you to be close to other people. You also do not have to explain anything to me.” Becky explained what she meant before closing her eyes again.

 

Freen lips turned into a frown as she heard Becky’s answer. None of she said was wrong. In fact, what she said was a reality. No matter how close they were, regardless millions of fans out there that shipped them, regardless their colleagues who also shipped them, the reality was they were not in a relationship. Yes, they were close, but no strings attached.

 

Freen took a deep breath. Her mind started an argument with her heart. Her logic asked her not to continue their conversation, but her heart kept shouting to be heard. Freen’s heart wanted her to confess what she felt and removed the ambiguity in their friendship. But, there was still some hesitation at the corner of her heart. What if this was not what Becky wanted? What if even though this was what Becky wanted, she wouldn’t able to meet the latter expectation? And other what ifs questions kept popping up in her mind. She let out another sigh again.

 

Becky opened her eyes when she heard Freen let out a sigh. “Are you okay?” She asked sincerely.

 

Freen smiled, trying to hide her uneasiness. “I am okay…”

 

“You can’t sleep?” Becky asked again.

 

Freen nodded in answer.

 

This time it’s Becky’s turned to sigh before she sat up from her position and sat on the bad, resting her back at the headboard. “Want to talk so you can sleep?”

 

Freen didn’t answer but she mirrored Becky’s position, sitting on the bed while resting her back at the headboard.

 

“Yes, I am jealous at Phi Saint.” Becky opened the conversation once Freen was seated next to her. Becky’s right hand was stretched and took Freen’s left hand. Her fingers found the gaps between Freen’s and intertwined their fingers. “But just like I said before, I am not your girlfriend so I don’t have the right to get jealous.”

 

Freen was stunned. Her eyes stared at their intertwined hands. There was always this giddy feeling she had every time Becky hooked their fingers together. But this time, the feeling was interrupted by Becky’s words. It was not only Becky who felt that thing. Freen also felt the same way. Their relationship, no matter how close they could be, at the end of the day they were just friends. There were times when Freen wanted to get more of Becky’s attention, there were times when she wanted to forbid Becky to wear revealing clothes. But again, they were just friends, she got no rights to do them to Becky.

 

Freen took a deep breath, collecting every piece of courage she had. There was still hesitation left at the corner of her heart, but she could no longer hold her feelings anymore.

 

“I like you, Becbec…”

 

 

***