Mine

Curtain Call

“I like you, Becbec…”

Becky blinked her eyes repeatedly once her ears captured Freen’s soft voice. She asked herself whether she heard it right? She even doubted her own hearing now. She opened to asked what Freen meant, but she immediately shut it out, afraid that she just misheard everything.

She then could heard Freen’s dry laugh so she turned her face to see the person next to her.

“I feel like a fool.” Freen said in between her dry laugh.

“What do you mean?” Becky furrowed her eyebrows, failed to understand what the latter had said.

“You are not giving any response when I confess.” Freen frowned at her sentence. “That makes me feel like an idiot.”

“Did you just confess to me?”

Freen nodded with a bitter smile on her face. “You didn’t hear?”

“I thought I heard it wrong…” mumbled Becky as she looked down, silently cursed herself for not giving any response when she heard Freen’s confession. And now, she didn’t know what to response because the moment had passed.

“What did you hear?” asked Freen. She pulled their hand and put it on her lap.

“You said you like me.” Becky still mumbled, did not dare to raise her head to face the latter.

“Hmmm…” Freen exhaled after hearing Becky’s answer. “You didn’t hear it wrong.”

Becky finally lifted her head, looking at Freen who stared at her with her soft gaze.

“I like you, Becbec. Not as a sister. Not as Khun Sam who likes Mon. This is Phi Freen who likes Becky.” Freen continued spilling her feelings while gently squeezing Becky’s hand.

Becky smiled upon hearing Freen’s confession. To hear Freen explained her feelings not as a sister, nor as Khun Sam and Mon, made she felt less unsure. Nevertheless, she still had a tiny hesitation, so she cleared and opened to asked one last final question. “So, what kind of feeling you have towards me?”

“Eh?” Freen tilted her head before scratched her own nape with her one hand. “That kind of feelings when a woman likes another woman.” She grinned as she heard her answer. “That sounds weird though.”

Becky laughed at Freen’s answer, making the other girl laughed along. “So, you’re gay?”

“Oiii! Don’t put it that way!” Freen’s hand which previously her nape moved forward and turned into a fist, pretending to punch Becky, making Becky laughed harder.

“I like you too, Phi Freen.” Becky replied undoubtedly, eyes stared deeply into Freen’s. 

Freen stunned upon hearing Becky’s confession. She blinked her eyes repeatedly. The same exact response Becky had when Freen confessed.

“Now, I feel like a fool.” Becky mimicked Freen’s previous statement and laughed softly while watching the sight before her eyes.

“I…” Freen bit her lips, eyes fixed to their intertwining hands. She seemed confused about what she wanted to say.

Becky smiled, watching Freen who seemed confused. She was sure now that her feelings was not one-sided. Freen really liked her, just like she liked Freen. At the end of the day, this ship might be able to sail.

“Phi Freen…” Becky called out Freen’s name softly making Freen lifted her head and grinned, maybe she hadn’t decided yet what she wanted to do. “Do you want to be my girlfriend?”

And Freen froze in her place. Her eyes turned wide, and her jaw hung opened. There was no word to answer Becky’s question.

Becky let out a nervous laugh upon getting the response. Her heart ached a bit when only silence answering her. That made the doubt started to slip into her heart again. Maybe Phi Freen doesn’t want the same thing as me.

“Phi Freen?” Becky waved her hand in front of Freen’s face, making the latter blinked her eyes.

“Did I hear it wrong?” Freen finally responded.

“What did you hear?”

“You asked me to be your girlfriend?”

Becky nodded with a smile. Her lips trembled showing her nervousness.

And Freen froze again.

“Phi Freen…” Becky laughed watching Freen froze two time in a row. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I think I am dreaming. Can you try pinching my cheek?” Freen replied while leaning closer to make it easier for Becky to pinch her cheeks.

Instead of pinching Freen’s cheek, Becky leaned in as well, making only an inch seperating their faces. Becky could hear her own heartbeat in her ears. When the gap was almost vanished, Becky closed her eyes and landed a peck at the corner of Freen’s lips. The same kiss she did in changing room. Becky immediately pulled herself after the peck, wanting to see the response from the older girl.

And again, Freen froze. But it didn’t take a long time until she blinked her eyes and looked at Becky. “That was not a sisterly kiss, was it?”

Becky shook her head, a smile plastered on her face. “No, it wasn’t… That’s a kiss from Becky to Phi Freen.”

Freen finally smiled and leaned forward minimizing the gap between them while Becky fronze in her place. All the things that happened before her eyes was in slow motion. Freen’s face was getting closed. Becky’s eyes shifed from Freen’s eyes to Freen’s lips. The older girl also did the same. Her gaze fell to Becky’s lips before she closed her eyes. Becky closed her eyes when she could feel Freen’s breath on her face. And finally their lips met for the first time. Not as Khun Sam and Mon, but as Freen and Becky.

Their lips touched softly, sending jolts to Becky’s body. Both girls stayed that way for quite long time. The kiss was simple, only two pairs of lips sealed to each other. But Becky’s heart beat loudly as if it would explode at anytime. Becky still had her eyes closed when she felt Freen planted a soft peck on her lips before finally pulling away, making Becky opened her eyes, watching Freen who smiled nervously, face was as red as tomato.

“I’ve always wanted to do that.” Freen grinned wide while letting out soft chuckles. Her hand once again landed to the back of her own neck and scratched it. That was the habit Freen had every time she felt nervous.

Becky laughed along hearing Freen’s statement but she then furrowed her eyebrows. “How can you kiss someone who’s not your girlfriend?” She flicked her tongue, pretending to be angry at what Freen just did.

Freen gasped at what Becky said. “I thought we’re in a relationship already. You just asked me to be your girlfriend.”

“But you haven’t answered.” Becky folded her arms in front of her chest. “How can you kiss someone who’s not your girlfriend yet?” She repeated her previous question with a pout decorating her face.

“Well, usually in the movie, after someone confess and they kissed, it means they are in a relationship already.” Freen grinned nervously while taking both Beck’s hand in hers. “Becbec, starting from now, you’re my girlfriend and I am your girlfriend.” said Freen with her smile, her thumbs caressing the back of Becky’s hands.

Becky’s heart palpitated hearing Freen’s last sentence. Finally, she no longer needed to guessed how’s Freen’s feelings about her. She no longer needed to hold herself to let out her feelings towards the older girl. A wide smile grew on Becky’s face and she lunged forward, giving Freen a hug. “Now I can get jealous at people who’s flirting with you.” She whispered at Freen’s ear, making Freen laughed.

“I can also become a possessive girlfriend to you.” answered Freen as she pulled herself away from Becky’s hug. “And I get to kiss you anytime.” She raised one hand and her thumb grazed Becky’s lips gently. Her gaze fell on Becky’s lips again before shifted to her eyes. “Can I kiss you again?”

Becky nodded with a smile, giving permission to her girlfriend. “Of course you can, girlfriend.”

Freen leaned forward and landed a peck on Becky’s lips. “Mine…”

Becky chuckled before landing a peck on Freen’s lips. “You’re also mine…”

 

*** THE END ***

 

Hi there! Yes, this is the last chapter of Curtain Call. I remember vividly when I wrote this in my ulysses, I just wrote it out of my obsession towards Freenbecky and GAP The Series. I didn't intend to finish it, let alone publish it anywhere. However, I enjoyed writing this a lot. Maybe because I didn't think a lot and let whatever in my mind came out as words I typed. I know some of you might expect some more chapters that would have their lovey dovey moments as girlfriends or some heavy conflicts in their relationship. Unfortunately, this piece won't have it. This is really the end for now (unless I have some change of mind or change of mood, LOL). But anyway, thanks lots for being together with me during this short journey. I am glad someone out there still appreciate my writings by reading, upvoting, and leaving comments. You guys are so precious.

Once again thanks very much, and see you around!

 

Love,

Kim Sara