Phi Saint's Cutie

Curtain Call

Freen ate her meal silently in crew’s waiting room. Her eyes continued to read the script she was practicing. Only some crews around as they prepared for the filming which would only start later in the afternoon. Meanwhile, there was no other actor that had been arrived. She took her time to absorb the emotion of each scene she needed to take this afternoon. She put all her focus to the script in front of her, that she almost forgot that she was in the middle of eating. She lifted her spoon and opened to feed herself when she heard a familiar voice called out her name.

 

“There you are, Freen!”

 

The voice followed with the owner who immediately took a seat next to her. A tall handsome man, with a warm smile plastered on his face.

 

“You really are putting your one hundred percent, aren’t you?” The voice owner smiled and patted Freen’s shoulder.

 

Freen smiled in return as she shrugged her shoulder. “There is no way I am not putting any effort for the opportunity that has given to me, Phi Saint.”

 

The named guy nodded as he heard Freen’s answer. “But you should practice mindful eating as well, Freen. It’s not good for your internal organs if you eat while focusing on other thing. I read in a journal…”

 

“Okay, okay, Phi Saint.” Freen interjected. “You really love to give me lecture, don’t you?” She pouted as she put aside the script she previously read to the space next to her. “Happy now?”

 

Saint laughed at the way Freen reacted to his comment but nodded excitedly. “There, there. Good girl.” He raised his hand and patted Freen’s head softly.

 

“Now you just sounded like you’re praising your dog.” Freen kept pouting but still letting the guy next to him patting her head.

 

“Ah, Phi Saint. Sawasdee ka.” Another voice suddenly joining in the conversation making the two people in the room turned their head to the voice. Becky stood right in front of the door awkwardly, noticing that the producer slash the investor of their series came to visit. “I didn’t know you’re coming today. If I knew you’d come, I’d come earlier.”

 

Saint immediately retreated his hand which previously on top of Freen’s head, while Becky’s eyes followed the movement of the hand.

 

“It’s okay, Nong Beck. I have free time this morning so I decided to visit the filming set to see how’s everything going.” He shifted his gaze from Becky to the girl next to him. “And apparently this cutie over here is working hard, reading her script while eating her meals.” He playfully nudged Freen’s elbow.

 

All those interaction didn’t get unnoticed by the other girl by the door. Also the way Saint addressed Freen as cutie was also not escaping her hearing.

 

“Oii, I’ve put aside my script and you still talk about it?” Freen shoved Saint’s shoulder as playful as the guy before.

 

“I need to do that so you will remember to eat properly, Freen. I don’t want you to get sick or get any digestive issue. I read from a medical journal that putting your foc-…”

 

“Okay, okay! I will remember it. I told you to stop giving me lecture, didn’t I?”

 

Saint laughed at the protest while shaking his head. “You didn’t tell me to stop giving you lecture. You only said that I love giving you lecture, which is a fact.” He smiled at the end of his sentence, showing two dimples on her cheek.

 

“Whatever!” Freen sulked as she took another bite of her meal. Her eyes then traveled to another girl who still stood by the door, looking awkward. “Becky, have you had breakfast already?” 

 

“Yes, I had my breakfast after gym this morning.” The named girl answered politely, which sounded a bit weird for Freen because the younger girl usually acted more cheerful and casual to her.

 

“Come here, sit next to me.” Freen patted the free space on her right while shifted a bit to the left, ensuring there was enough space for Becky to sit. But her movement made the gap between her and Saint lesser.

 

Becky stared at Freen for a while then walked towards the girl and sat on Freen’s right. She then circled her arm around Freen’s and pulled the latter closer to her. “Come here a bit. Give Phi Saint some more space.”

 

Freen immediately followed through. Scooting over to Becky, ensuring Saint had enough space to sit.

 

“It’s okay, Nong Beck. I am comfortable enough with the space right now.” Saint told Becky with a smile on his face. “In addition, it’s been a while since I get to be close to Freen. So lesser space the better.” He nudged Freen with his elbow playfully, earning a punch gesture from the girl he just teased.

 

“Do not flirt at me, Phi Saint. I won’t fall for you.” Freen stuck her tongue to Saint.

 

“Oii, don’t tell me you already have someone special!” Saint scooted closer to Freen, making the previous space Freen created vanished in a blink of an eye. His eyes shone in excitement and curiosity.

 

“I didn’t say I have someone special!” Freen pushed Saint by the shoulder while furrowing her eyebrows. “Why are you so nosy? I’ve never been too nosey about your girlfriend or boyfriend, whatever partner you had or have!” She added a soft punch to the shoulder.

 

Saint laughed at the response he got while rubbing the arm Freen just punched. “Why? I can’t be nosy now?”

 

“You can’t be nosy because I don’t have special someone right now, okay?” Freen gestured a punch again at Saint making the man laughed harder.

 

“I see, so it’s not special someone yet. I wonder, is this someone a guy or a girl?” Saint smirked teasingly while the girl in front of her let out audible gasped, not anticipating the question. But before Freen could answer Saint’s question, a ringtone came in between them and Saint immediately fished out his phone from his jeans and answered the phone. He didn’t say much aside from “Hello”, “Okay” and “Okay krap” before ending the phone.

 

“You’re saved by the bell, Freen. I need to depart now.” Saint Freen’s head as he stood up and put his phone back to the pocket of his jeans. “Take care, okay. And practice mindful eating.” He then smiled sincerely at Freen before shifting his gaze to Becky who seemed to be frowning. “You too, Nong Beck. Take a good care of yourself. And please take care of my cutie Freen here.”

 

Both girls nodded and stood up as well as Saint left the room. 

 

Becky sat down right away after Saint’s figure disappeared from their sight. “I didn’t know you’re that close with Phi Saint.” She said coldly.

 

Freen was confused with the sudden cold tone from the girl next to her. She took her seat and turned her body to Becky who was looking at her with unreadable expression. “He’s been with us since our first series, Becky. Don’t you remember?” Her hand instinctively found Becky’s hand and held it gingerly.

 

“I remember that. But I never know that you’re that close to him. He even called you cutie and your head. I bet you’re very close to him.” She answered still with the cold tone.

 

“Phi Saint was the one who offered me to join our first series. He also the one who taught me a lot about acting. We’re pretty much close.” Freen answered in honesty.

 

“I see. I think I misunderstood our relationship. Now I understand that we’re not that close enough because I don’t even know how close you are with Phi Saint.” Becky smile sarcastically and pulled her hand which was held by Freen. “And I think I also misunderstood your statement on the other day. Apparently I am not special to you because you said to him that you don’t have any special someone.”

 

“What?” Freen was shocked with the sudden sarcasm and accusation. “Why do you take it that way?”

 

“Because that’s exactly what I heard!”

 

“But that’s not what I mean!”

 

“Whatever.” Becky stood up from her seat. “I am going to take my meal. See you when filming started.” She turned upon her heel and left Freen alone in the room.

 

Freen was left alone. She furrowed her eyebrows, trying to understand the situation that just happened between her and Becky.

 

“What’s wrong with Becky?” She mumbled to herself as propped her elbow on the table and buried her face in her palms. “What did I do wrong? I was just saying to Phi Saint that I don’t have girlfriend or boyfriend. Why is she being so furious?”

 

She let out a sigh and massaged her temples. “I will talk to her later. I need to concentrate for today’s filming.”

 

 

***