Jiyoo ~ Know your worth pt. 2

My 4am scenarios

Yoohyeon's POV

It was another busy day at the hotel, with many guests flocking to secure bookings as the holidays had just begun. Too bad for my colleagues and I, we had to keep working. We were only allowed 4 days off which I found pitiful. At least my lunch break came soon.

When I saw couples talking by the foyer, I was reminded of yesterday, where I was on a...date with Minji. I hadn't seen at all today and it was nearing lunch time. That made me a little...down. I wanted to see her eyes twinkle at me again.

'God Yoohyeon keep it together!' I scolded myself for letting my thoughts wander. But thinking of Minji came naturally to me.

"Hello, can you speak Dutch?" A towering man spoke to me, his head about an arm's length higher than mine.

This time there were plenty of guests from other countries, where I put my skills to use even if we had translation softwares in place.

I tried not to be intimidated. His soft attire helped a little.

"Ja," I replied trying not to be confused with the german I knew. Those two were similar. "Wat mag ik voor u doen meneer?"

Tr: "Yes, what can I do for you sir?"

"Ik heb hulp nodig met mijn baggage daar buiten en ik wil een grotere kamer voor mijn gezin, als dat mogelijk is." He replied at rapid-fire speed. 

Tr: "I need help with my luggage outside and I want a bigger room for my family, if that's possible."

I blinked furiously, barely managing to understand his words. His requests hit me clearly after a couple seconds.

"Ik bel even de bediende voor uw baggage meneer." I started, alerting a servant to help the Dutch family carry their stuff in. He nods gratefully. "Voor de kamer, meneer, is de Deluxe Familiekamer geschikt?"

Tr: "I will call the servant for you luggage sir." 
"For the room, sir, is the Deluxe Family Room suitable?"

"Ja dat is prima," He paid for the extra fees. "Hartstikke bedankt." He smiled all-teeth, the weariness in his eyes slowly dissappearing.

Tr: "Yes that is fine." "Thank you very much."

I could understand, his flight was definitely not a short one. "Ik wens u en uw familie een prettig verblijf."

Tr: "I wish you and your family a pleasant stay."

"Je spreekt goed Nederlands by the way," He gave me a thumbs up which I appreciated deeply. "Fijne dag!" He then strolls away to his family, crossing the foyer with three long strides.

Tr: "You speak good dutch by the way," "Have a nice day!"

I wave in amusement, smiling proudly to myself. Ha, I have a one-up on AI, I thought to myself. Quite a meaningless fight when I thought about it. I only knew so many languages.

"Yoohyeon, there's something for you in your locker." Another receptionist told me as I entered the locker room.

"Oh?" I tilted my head in wonder. "What is it?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "The hotel's mail service said it was for you."

I opened my locker immediately. My mind crossed out colleagues as possible senders, but it really could be anyone depending on it's contents-

"Sunmi Albums??" I nearly dropped the box. I turned to my colleague but she was gone. "Signed to?!"

I examine the box, which contained a label but no name of the sender, nor the address. Only the hotel address and my name was stated. An aonymous sender then.

Though it wasn't hard for me to decide who was the sender among people I knew. It must be Minji. Who else would have the money to Sunmi's limited edition Albums?

"She's too kind." I murmured to myself, lightly touching the smooth cover of the albums.

I really hoped to see her today. My heart was begging to hug her and thank her a million times over.

:

Eventually, I found myself walking across the same square where I had met Minji yesterday, the box securely stowed in my bag. I bit my lower lip in slight disappointment, not been able to see Minji today. Not at the hotel, not at the squa-

"Boo!" Someone jumps behind me, hands planted firmly on my shoulders.

I received the biggest shock of my life, literally holding my heart in my hands. "AAAAH~!" I shrieked as I whipped around.

Minji's bright eyes face me with hints of cheekiness within them. She laughs at me. The audacity.

"Minji!" I was too thrilled to see her to hit her, pulling her into a hug. "I thought I wouldn't see you today." I mumbled. 

Minji chuckles, patting my back. "Did you miss me that much?" She teased.

I shook my head just to see her smile falter. It did. I laughed at that. "Thank you for the albums!" I continued.

A not-so-guilty look passes her face. "Hehe you're welcome. I can't believe you knew right away it was me." 

I rolled my eyes. "As if it wasn't obvious enough." She gave me a heart-fluttering grin. "Where were you the whole day?"

"Work." She replied simply and my mouth drops to form an 'o'. That made perfect sense. "I had to go back to Execuitve which took up half the day." Minji apologetically elaborated.

"I understand." I smiled sympathetically. "Are you going back to rest now?" I motioned to the hotel.

"Um actually," Minji averted eye contact. "I was wondering if you would go on another date with me?" She shyly asked.

I didn't expect that. "Like right now?"

"Yeah." Minji replies hopefully. "We'll take a boat ride."

"Wait," I held a hand up. "Don't tell me you planned this already." I sceptically questioned.

Minji gave me a sheepish grin. "I did."

"What?" I squeaked, but a warm feeling quickly covered me. "Were you waiting to encounter me here?" I futher deduced.

Minji nods without shame. "I missed you too."

I pursed my lips, trying to stop the blush that was creeping up my neck. Why is she admitting stuff like that so..nonchalantly? It was really driving me crazy.

3rd POV

After getting pass the initial shock, Yoohyeon let Minji take her hand to lead her to yet another fun night out. She doesn't hold back the smile that grows on her face when she sees Minji's eyes shine in excitement. 

They end up taking a bus nearing the edge of the island, which was a 10-minute ride. Yoohyeon was glad she wore a summer dress that felt refreshing.

"And I did not plan the transportation part." Minji apologises as they sat down.

"No that's alright." Yoohyeon giggles. "Are you a 'P' in your MBTI?"

Minji's eyes widen in recognition. "Yes, I'm an ENFP."

Yoohyeon grins knowingly. "Yes, indeed, you are."

"Why do you say it like that?"

"I don't know." Yoohyeon wanted to tease. "I just think you're really bright." She continued wholeheartedly.

Minji blushed, to Yoohyeon surprise. "Th-thank you."

"So I'm not the only one getting shy at compliments." Yoohyeon nudged her shoulder with her own.

"We'll see about that." Minji was quick to recover, narrowing her eyes playfully.

By the dock of the place Minji had booked, a man awaited them, being the designated navigator for the two.

"Good evening Ms Kims." He enthusiastically greeted them, adressing the fact that both shared the same last name. "Welcome aboard Getaway Paradise!" 

Yoohyeon didn't know what to make of that name, but she was content with it nonetheless. 

"Shall we step in?" Minji helped her get in first, following closely behind.

Yoohyeon gapes in awe at the cute interior, a simple table set-up with romantic petals dotting the area. There were even lit candles hanging at each corner. From a screen of button, it was shown that the hood was retractable.

The man retreated to his navigating space, leaving the two privacy.  

"Do you like it? Is it too much?" Minji worriedly prompted, nervously observing Yoohyeon.

Yoohyeon only crushed her into another hug. Minji staggered back into the plush, velvet couch, caught off-guard. But she chuckles in satisfaction upon hearing Yoohyeon's words.

"Are you kidding? I love it!" Yoohyeon pulled back in genuine surprise, supporting herself up by palming her shoulders. "Did you really plan all of this?"

Minji nods somewhat shyly. She couldn't even meet Yoohyeon's eyes. "I-I really like you."

Yoohyeon was too elated to be flustered. "This is so sweet.You're so sweet." She gets off Minji to furthur explore the boat. It was quite spacious.

Minji blinked her giddiness away. Did Yoohyeon acknowledge her feelings?

"Yoohyeon, we should sit," Minji composed herself. "They'll be serving soon."

"Serving soon? You mean food?"

Yoohyeon's stomach grumbled at that moment. She turned away, removing her bag to hide her embarrassment.

"Haha~ yes. Food will be served before we leave the dock."

A waiteress slid in to place two bowls of ramen on the table, three plates of side dishes, along with the necessary utensils. 

"Would you like to have alcohol?" The waitress asked.

Minji turned to Yoohyeon with a questioning look. "Do you mind drinking something?"

Yoohyeon considered her body's condition. She would do fine with a couple drinks. "I don't mind."

"May I have a pint of beer and champagne." Minji replied with a serious face. Yoohyeon was a little intimidated.

The waitress nods and leaves.

"I remember you mentioned not being able to try different alcohols. Are you up to try some today?" Minji leaned on her arms, staring at Yoohyeon a little intensely.

Yoohyeon nodded. She had always been curious of the different alcohols the world offered, having seen them in movies and dramas. Her family always stuck to the same few types so she never really explored them.

"Great! I don't know why but I have feeling you can drink whiskey." Minji puckers her lips thoughtfully. 

Yoohyeon gave her a horrified look. "Isn't that 40% alcohol?"

"Don't be intimidated by the number," Minji dismisses. "Think about the flavour." She pointedly stated.

Soon enough they were on their way, hood retrieved as it wasn't raining, allowing them to relish the soft breeze and calm water. Minji especially loved the calm waves, as well as loved her good company.

She watched Yoohyeon take her first sip of whiskey, her face cutely scrunching up initially into a slight grimace, before it relaxed to form a pleasant expression. She looks at her fondly.

"It's..." Yoohyeon tastes it's lingering sweetness. "Really good!" She cheered, going in for another sip.

"Whoo!" Minji replied, finishing her own pint of beer.

It didn't take them long to figure out Yoohyeon's lreferences; beer was too bitter for her, sparkling wine a little too sparkly for her first time but she did like it, and whiskey seemed to be a good match for her.

"You should drink this too." Minji handed her a hangover reliever from her bag. "We've consumed quite some alcohol."

"Oh thanks." Yoohyeon took it. "Do you have a favourite alcohol too?" Her cheeks were slightly coloured.

Minji took note of that. "My absolute favourite is a heavy red wine, but I enjoy all kinds of beer and Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey too. As well as the classics, soju, bokbunja, etc." She replied coolly.

Yoohyeon nods, impressed. "You must like drinking."

"I mean, I'm good at it." Minji shrugged annoyingly, receiving an eye roll from Yoohyeon. "I drink in moderation though, my liver can't die yet."

Yoohyeon laughs in agreement. "That's good."

"My hands are cold." Minji complained, hiding them in her elbows as leaned onto the table. She sees Yoohyeon munching on some takoyaki and opens expectantly.

Yoohyeon smiles upon hearing aegyo in her voice. She picks up a a piece to feed her. She reaches out, but feels the hotness through the wooden stick. She pulls away just before Minji's teeth could sink in.

Minji makes an incomprehensible noise of protest, while Yoohyeon was quick to defend her action.

"It's still hot! I don't want you to burn your mouth." Yoohyeon apologised with a smile.

Minji took her shot. "What does that matter when you're the hot one here."

"Minji, please." Yoohyeon protested, but lowkey enjoyed it.

"Sorry love." Minji flirts. 

The two clean the table up to a side shelf as instructed, so as to not risk anything sliding off and breaking. They tuck their chairs back in to rest on the velvet couches. 

Minji reached out to tuck a loose strand over her ear, suddenly noticing the arm's length space between them. She brought left hand down to circle her arm around her waist, to pull her closer with an innocent smile. A cliché move but smooth enough for Yoohyeon to blush furiously.

The two enjoyed the silence for a few moments, enjoying the charming atmosphere of the lake and each other's company. 

"Are you still cold?" Yoohyeon asks.

Minji shook her head. "I'm warm when you're near." 

Yoohyeon naturally buries her face in Minji's neck to hide her blush. Minji took it as a sign that she was comfortable with her, which sent butterflies to her stomach. She eased her arm around her shoulder, not realising she had done so until she felt Yoohyeon rest her head on her shoulder.

"Is this okay with you?" Minji questions cluelessly. 

Yoohyeon only snuggles further into her, but knew Minji needed an audible reply. "It's perfect."

Minji grinned softly. "How tall are you by the way?"  

"167cm." Yoohyeon had to search through her memories for a second.

"Ah yes. You're one of the few tall ones I know."

"I could say the same."

"Don't grow any taller."

"Why is that?"

"You'll have more problems."

"Such as?"

"Getting around small spaces, accidentally bumping into all sorts of obstacles," Yoohyeon laughs into Minji's neck, which tickles her skin but she loved it. "But most importantly.." She dips her head. "You'd have trouble kissing." 

Yoohyeon turns tomato red. "I- i see..."

Minji smirks. She caresses her cheek, waiting for her.

Yoohyeon starts to lean in.

"Wait." Minji stops her. 

Yoohyeon makes a '?' expression.

"Sideways kissing is uncomfortable. Come sit on my lap?" Minji boldly took her chance.

Yoohyeon bit her lip, feeling flustered from her bold talk. She found it alluring. 

She shyly shifts herself to Minji's lap, looking around cautiously out of embarrassment.

"Just you and me love~" Minji diverts her attention, cupping her cheek with a gentle hand.

They don't hold back, diving into the kiss without any sense of self-control, not shy to use their tongue this time. Kissing deeply from the beginning had them breathing in sync, the clothing they had on suddenly feeling temperature-wise suffocating. 

Minji pressed herself closer against her, giving Yoohyeon the freedom to grasp at her hair. was eager on hers and her body wanting and desperate. She traced  the outline of with her lips, kissing her senseless.

Yoohyeon winded her beautiful locks around her fingers, burying herself into all the underlying sensations Minji threw her way; the excitement, the desperation, the fervour, and more starkly their connection.

"Am I-" Minji gasped between kisses. "Too rough?"

Yoohyeon slid her hands into her button-up shirt to palm her skin, that was hot under her skin. She felt drunk on kissing. She was experiencing a nerve-shredding mixture of longing and pleasure. "I don't mind." She managed.

Minji her hair, a concerned look sporting her face. "Tell me I didn't screw this up-."

Yoohyeon kissed her again to muffle her words. She shook her head, panting heavily, knowing her appearance mirrored Minji's kiss-swollen lips and mussed hair, all results of her actions. "I'm sorry I made your hair a mess." She untagles the knots as gently as possible.

Minji grabs her hand from her hair, interwining them with her own before kissing them. "Don't be, I love it."

Yoohyeon gives her a grin, before leaning into her.

"You take my breath away, Minji." She admitted, touched to feel Minji's heart thump as quickly as hers. 

"And I feel very comfortable with you." Minji quietly replied, which piqued Yoohyeon's attention.

"What do you mean?"

"You know," Minji sighed, "As some big-shot CEO, I have to show that I'm in control, I have plans A to Z, I'm quick on my feet and all that stuff; I'm never showing my burnouts, vulnerability and weaknesses etc. Because I have to set an example. I don't want to think that money can somve anything, clearly it only cause more problems." She rambled on which Yoohyeon would've found cute if not for the bitter emotion her words carried.

"I see," She mumbled, squeezing Minji's hands in hers. "Ar-are you often alone?" She asked, wondering if she was crossing any boundaries.

Minji pecked her head. "Well often yes, I do have a great team, but the media only aims for the leader." She replied simply.

Yoohyeon hummed sadly. "I'm sorry to hear that."

Minji smiles. "To have met you is a great relief on that burden, I really enjoy your slight...dorkiness."

"Dorkiness?" Yoohyeon perked back up, tilting her head to the side like a puppy.

'Exactly that.' Minji chuckled inwardly. She bops Yoohyeon's nose with a finger. 

The boar hits a 'bump' and Yoohyeon bounces up but Minji holds her down with the same expression. 

"Sorry ladies!" Their navigator's voice came through the speakers.

:

"It really passed by in a blink of an eye." Minji commented as they left the dock.

"Mhm," Yoohyeon mumbled, "Thank you for being so considerate." 

Minji heard her still. "You're welcome."

"You shoul-"

"May I-"

Yoohyeon and Minji stared at each other for a moment before simultaneously bursting into laughter.

"You go first." Yoohyeon told her.

"May I drop you home at Midlevel?" Minji didn't mind the long trip, as long as she was with Yoohyeon.

"No, I mean yes," Yoohyeon didn't want to be selfish, caught between her own dilemna. "I mean no, you should rest, it's late."

"It doesn't matter to me." Minji stopped to face her. She knew Yoohyeon would understand what she meant even if she didn't elaborate.

Yoohyeon cherished the kind eyes that gazed at her with so much warmth. "Okay."

While waiting for the transportation to arrive, they guaranteed another makeout session behind a lamp pole.

~