Yejisu ~ Kindness goes a long way pt. 2

My 4am scenarios

It's been 3 hours since Yeji stepped into Jisu's house. Surprisingly, they got along better than they initially thought. 

Jisu stumbled into the living room with her army of stuffed animals. "Take your pick, I'll prepare the TV."

"AAAHHH!" Yeji squeals, her inner child coming alive. She refrained from jumping into the pile of softness.

JIsu pressed a button and the  TV glowed. She giggles when Yeji intensely gazes at a cat plushie, who was coincidentally positioned to face Yeji too.

"I think the kitty's meant for you." Jisu encouraged Yeji to take it. She reached out to grab it, slight pain striking up back as she did so. It dissapated quickly as she squishes the kitty plushie, a childish grin growing on her face.

'Twins...' Jisu mumbled to herself, as she caught Yeji's reflection. She grabs her favourite doll, a teddy bear with a mic. 

"Aww!" Yeji exclaimes when she sees the bear. "I bet you hold it with you when you karaoke." She half-teased.

Jisu didn't bother to deny it, proudly holding her teddy out. "You're right! She's my karaoke buddy." Jisu patted it's head.

"She? Did you name it?" Yeji questioned.

"Yup! Julia is her name." Jisu responded.

"That's a pretty name..." Yeji approved. "...You know what else's pretty?" She asks innocently.

Jisu automatically replied, "What?"

Yeji smirked.

"You."

"Aaahhh~" Jisu hid her face with a pillow. Why was Yeji nonchalantly flirting with her? And why was she so easily flustered?

She could hear Yeji's hearty laughter from behind her pillow which made her smile a little. She peeked over. It was an expression she was glad to see after all the trouble Yeji had gone through at school. That gave her a sense of warmth.

"Okay oka should we get started?" Yeji helped Jisu back up from her fallen stance. "What should we watch?"

"Do you know the drama Work Later, Drink Now?" Jisu picked up the remote and began searching through Netflix. 

Yeji needed a second to reply as she was adjusting herself to sit in a way that her tailbone wouldn't hurt. She winced when pain struck. "Ye-yeah."

Jisu took notice of this and immediately offered more pillows. "Use this on your tailbone, it's a lot softer than the rest."

It really did ease the weight on her tailbone, Yeji noted, finally sitting comfortably.

She suddenly turned to Jisu with an apologetic glance. "I'm sorry for being such a hassle."

Jisu only gave her a sweet smile, patting her head affectionately. "Know that I'm glad to help out where I can."

The intro to the mentioned drama started rolling and the girls dived into the world of the story, both slowly becoming invested in each passing scene.

"Oh my! What could have been said for her to run away?" It had only been 1 minute into the 1st episode and Jisu had unconciously shifted forward to the edge of the couch.

Yeji pulled her back gently by the shoulder. "Give a second Jisu, it hasn't even properly started." 

Jisu grabs Yeji hand. "But what if someone died? Why aren't they revealing it nowww~" Jisu whined.

Yeji chuckles. 'She would be a hassle to watch anything with.' She thought in amusement, swiftly taking the remote to pause it.

"Come here." Yeji slung an arm around Jisu's small frame to comfort her. "That's the point Jisu-ya, build the anticipation. Be honest with me now, this is your first or second drama right?" She brought her face close to Jisu's in a jokingly threatening way.

Jisu avoided eye contact. "No."

"Ha! It is!" Yeji teased, receving a sulky pout from the latter.

"I do watch movies though!" Jisu defended herself.

Yeji clicked her tongue. "Movies are different. Their shorter and so reveal things mainly quicker. In a drama, with multiple episodes, it could take until the end to even reveal the reason of situations in the first episode." She explained matter-of-factly.

Jisu mouth dropped open. "I see...so I have to be more patient then?" 

"Yes." Yeji replied firmly.

She pouts again and Yeji doesn't hesitate to poke her cute cheeks. "Now, relax, and focus."

Halfway into the episode, there was a drastic change in scene. That was also reflected in real life; bowls of candy, popcorn, chips now laid on the laps of the two girls, cans and cups of their favourite soft drinks scattered over the coffee table. Jisu had her head resting against Yeji's shoulder, a content look on her face. Yeji was glad to be the bigger teddy bear for Jisu, her heart fluttering when Jisu gazes up at her for any looks of discomfort at 10-minute intervals. 

It was accurate to say that they shared similar humour, both laughing simultaneously at certain scenes or lines. And when they did laugh, they would always look at each other to share their laughter. One would think that they had been friends for a while.

"Waahh~" Yeji applauded the writers, actors & actresses when the end credits rolled about. They had only finished the 2nd episode but she was satisfied enough to express her admiration for their work. "That was crazy good." She nods to herself.

Jisu had her eyes trained on the screen like a robot, hands blindly reaching for the remote to play the next episode. Yeji stopped her by waving a hand in front of her face.

Blinking back to reality, Jisu looks around. "What? We need to continue watching!" She protests as Yeji takes the remote away, setting it far from Jisu's reach.

"We shouldn't be watching for so long Jisu, our eyes will be tired." Yeji says motherly.

Jisu dares to roll her eyes. "Fine, mom."

Yeji naturally went along. "Good girl." She laughs when Jisu huffs. "How come you don't watch many dramas?"

"My parents prohibited that." Jisu shrugs. "I watched movies with them twice a month when they weren't so busy."

Yeji nods understandingly. "Let's do something else." 

Julia (the teddy bear) fell off the coffee table and onto the floor. Jisu picked it up hastily.

"How does karaoke sound?" She grins.

"Sounds like we're gonna jam till the neighbour hears us." Yeji returned a grin.

Jisu excitedly clicked away. "You know I even have the software that calculates your score!"

"How did you even get that?" Yeji replies in wonder, eyes darting from every corner of the screen to find a song she could slay.

Jisu stops clickling and holds a finger to her lips, meaning to share a secret. "I secretly downloaded it from an anonymous source, so my parents would never now. They don't stick around long enough to find out anyways." Jisu cheerfully hums to a latest hit.

Yeji shares her cheerfulness but smiles sadly after fully understanding her words. Jisu had mentioned a couple times of her parents absence. It made her realise how their...family situations were kinda opposite; Yeji's was upset by her parents presence but Jisu was upset by her parents absence. In the end there were way they had to find themselves to flip those emotions around. Yeji found the opportunity to escape home and find shelters to stay at, alone. Jisu found karaoke & plushies as a method to relieve her stress and loneliness. 

It was cute on the surface, but sad underneath. Yeji didn't want to think of other's opinions if she were ever to tell about her situation.

"Here's a fake mic, the TV is sensitive to hear our voices and judge our scores." Jisu breaks her out of her thoughts, handing her a mic plushie. Yeji holds it in amazement. Jisu's love for singing must run deeply.

"As my guest, I am giving you the honour to start first." Jisu dramatically hands her the remote. "Please, choose your song."

Yeji flips through the choices, stopping at an older release. 'Spark by Taeyeon.'

"Wow bold choice." Jisu comments, sipping some water. She would need it.

The intro played and Jisu's jaw dropped when Yeji started doing the choregraphy to the song. She watched in amazement as she brought the mic to her lips, a beautiful voice resonating from the speakers. Yeji remained focused on her breathing, making sure to give herself enough time to breathe between notes. She moved about to use the space and nearly burst into laughter when she caught Jisu's expression of admiration. Jisu met her gaze and started clapping in awe, cheering as a fangirl.

Yeji finished smoothly with 'fan service', shooting a finger heart at Jisu who was over-enthusiastically clapping and squealing at her. Yeji beamed in amusement, cheekily bowing in a fancy manner. She got 96, an impressive score.

"You should be an idol!" Jisu smacked Yeji's shoulder out of genuine shock.

Yeji grabbed her shoulder, feigning pain. A look of apology immediately casted Jisu's face.

"How do you manage to compliment me and hurt me at the same time?" Yeji whines, grinning when Jisu rubs the spot gently.

Jisu narrowed her eyes. "You aren't even injured there." Yeji gave her a sheepish look. "Anyways you have to tell me your background on dancing cause that was amazing!" She squealed again.

Yeji chuckles, pulling out her phone. Her brows creased when she sees notifications from her family. She gritted her teeth and deleted them all, brought back to reality when Jisu tugs her down to sit on the couch. She smiles at her curious expression. She's never had someone to share her hobbies with. 

"Here's me dancing at 8 years old." Yeji showed her a photo. Her grandmother was very supportive of her likes and would bring her to her dance lessons. "I danced for about 6 years before stopping." Yeji swiped to show Jisu of her winning a competition.

Jisu lets a 'wow' slip out, as she gushes over Yeji's younger self. "Why did you stop?" 

Yeji swallows resurfacing memories. "My grandmother passed away. She was the only one that supported my dance lessons...my parents didn't see my potential as money to be spent on." Her voice got quieter.

Jisu slowly nods. "That's sad. I can tell that even now you have a lot of fond memories of dancing. You still got it in you!" Jisu encouraged. "Maybe when you move out you can start joining lessons again."

"As if," Yeji snorted. "my parents will never set me free."

"Hmm..." Jisu pondered, "What if you gave dance lessons? Like at the community? I'm sure there's an opportunity like that." She suggested.

Yeji thought about it. She had never taught before, but she could pick choreography up quickly, a skill of hers. Maybe she should try and contact her old dance coach...

"That's a decent idea." Yeji sounded more hopeful already and it made Jisu proud. "I'll see about it."

Jisu got up to show her talent, choosing this time a RnB styled song; Fall Again by Loona. The moment Yeji saw the title, she knew that it was the perfect fit for Jisu's voice.

"Whoo~!" She cheered, waving her flashlight in the air to set the mood. 

Jisu stifles a giggle and bobs her head to the melody. 

Her sweet vocals sweeps Yeji into a magical daze. She finds herself vibing to it's easy beats, almost swooned by her smooth runs. She nods in acknowledgement as Jisu hits the difficult pitches in the chorus flawlessly. 

"Waahhh~!!" Yeji gave her a standing ovation. 

Jisu bowed humbly, happy to see a score of 98. "For my first time covering this song, I am pleased with that."

It was Yeji's turn to be shocked. "This is your first time? Fantastic job!" She also had to ackowledge the musical ear Jisu's had. Listening and executing a song were two very different things.

After cleaning up the table, they decided to duet one last song to end the night. 

"How about One Last Time by Ariana Grande?" Jisu stopped at the song's display. "We'll split the verses and choruses, harmornise throughout." She planned,

Yeji nods in agreement. "Perfect."

Jisu took the first verse, and Yeji popped into a freestyle for fun. She joined in to sing low harmonies at the pre-chorus. Jisu sang the chorus with the biggest grin, before handing the turn to Yeji. 

Yeji took the lead and pointed at the screen showing the adlibs. She motioned for Jisu to do it who switly caught on. The song built up relatively quickly as they entered the bridge, both singing in unison but in no way overpowering one another. It then dropped to the chorus and Yeji did the higher harmonies while Jisu carried the melody. They grinned at each other in satsfaction, glad that the transfer was smooth despite little planning. 

They waited for the score nervously. A 100!

 "Yesss!!" Jisu hugged Yeji as soon as they were done. "That went a lot better than I thought."

"I know!" Yeji replies, patting Jisu's back. "I really thought we were going to confuse each other."

"Right! But then I could see you preparing fro that high note with that quick breath so I sung melody instead."

"As expected, you know how to sing." Yeji ruffles her hair affectionately. Jisu gets on her tip toes ruffles hers back.

Yeji teases her, "I only realised now how small you are." She patted Jisu's head for extra emphasis.

Jisu rolled her eyes. "You're sleeping on the couch tonight."

Yeji profusely apologises. "No no no, I'm sorry!" Yeji follows Jisu cutely stomped off to the kitchen.

"You better be." Jisu couldn't help but grin when Yeji crushes her into hug from behind. 

With pain forgotten and voids of emptiness filled, the two slept soundly that night.