Jiyoo ~ Lost in the moment

My 4am scenarios

 

 

The TV hummed with whispered dialogues as the couple on screen hurriedly discussed their plans of not getting caught, which involved tying a bed sheet as a grappling hook of some sort so that the man could get down safely from her room on the third floor. A realistic example of the disney favourite Tangled yet an unrealistic example of an escape plan.

 

“The guy is gonna die.” Yoohyeon didn’t express a sliver of hope for the dude, who looked desperate and confident at the same time.

 

“I think they should just go out the front door…is it that big of a deal?” Minji had a different comment. 

 

Yoohyeon chuckles at her cute reply, she surely didn’t understand why they were doing what they were doing. “They don’t wanna get caught so soon.”

Minji scoffs. “I’m sure they’ll be getting caught even faster by using such an absurd method of escape.” Yoohyeon could tell Minji would have just reached through the screen and knocked some sense into their teenage brains.

 

“Calm down bunny, let them learn their lesson.” Yoohyeon pokes Minji’s cheek, who had her lips pursed in annoyance.  

 

Minji huffs at her comment. “If they aren't, I'm going to switch the show.” Minji reached over to take the remote from Yoohyeon’s side.

 

“Nooooo! I like the show.” Yoohyeon whines, but Minji shows no mercy, keeping a tight grip on the remote.

 

“We’ll see.” 

 

As it turned out, the couple did indeed try to execute their plan, only for it to fail when the bed sheet tears under the guy’s weight. As if all of their luck was used, it only started tearing uncontrollably by the first floor. So the dude only had a 3m fall to take which was only a couple bruises. 

 

Yoohyeon then realised that they were not all that stupid, because the window lead to a side of the house where there coincidentally no windows along the wall…so in a sense they were clear of threats.

 

Minji notices that detail later and when she does, she quietly admits that they had a sliver of logic. 

 

Then the screen suddenly goes blank, then to the homepage. 

 

“Hey!” Yoohyeon protested, still in the middle of watching the lovers say their last farewell. 

 

Minji looks at her incredulously. “You still wanna watch that show?”
 

“Yes! I wanted to see the aftermath of their successful plan.”

 

“Totally like she’s got some great excuse to explain her torn blanket and the men-sized apparel on her floor.”

 

“His apparel was on the floor??”
 

“Yes, you didn’t see it. Ever since the first scene he was wearing this striking blue jacket, we didn’t see him wear it on the way down, but the family members do know that it belongs to him.” Minji smartly figures it out. “So that leaves them with one conclusion…not to mention how much noise they were making while executing their plan.”

 

Yoohyeon rolls her eyes at her detailed observations. “I don’t care, I still wanna watch it.” She reaches over to grab the remote.

 

Minji resists, making sure she doesn’t come even one cm close to the remote.

 

Yoohyeon narrows her eyes. “Oh it’s on.” 

 

She starts her attack with a classic move. Tickling.

 

Minji didn’t foresee this and started giggling away, throwing lines of cheating accusations to the latter in between giggles and shrieks. 

 

At that point Yoohyeon was hovering over her, and had successfully secured the remote out of her hand. She grinned devilishly, pinning Minji’s hands down above her head while using her body to pin her legs. 

 

“Ha! I’ve got you now…” Yoohyeon victoriously says, but it falters when she realises the position they were in. 

 

Minji takes advantage of this and wiggles her arms out of Yoohyeon's grip to sling them around her neck. Yoohyeon weakly falls onto her forearms at the change of tension, heart quickly recognising the moment.

 

Face to face centimetres apart was something different to them both, but definitely not unusual. They undoubtedly admire each other’s faces more often than they admit.

 

“Can you stay with me?” Minji requests out of nowhere, but it had been on her mind the moment they arrived in Europe.

 

Yoohyeon has to take a while to register that request. “As in, in the same room?” 

 

Minji nods, staring into her eyes with hope. 

 

‘Girl, you think I could say no to that?’ Yoohyeon softly grins. 

 

To validate her eagerness, she kisses her. 

 

Minji has a delayed reaction, but is smiling as she kisses Yoohyeon back. Her heart soared into the sky, assured that Yoohyeon would be by her side. 

 

“I can now safely say that you have stolen my line.” Yoohyeon admits, resulting in laughter from both of them. 

 

Minji plays with Yoohyeon's hair. “What do you think of me?”

 

Yoohyeon didn’t have to think much.

 

“I think you’re more amazing than you tell yourself you are.” Yoohyeon starts, knowing Minji would understand her phrasing. “On top of that, you care for those around you in an unselfish manner, which is just a rare sight to see these days.”

She knew Minji was touched by her words, her eyes said it all.

 

“Mhm.” Minji didn’t really know what to say, she was just glad Yoohyeon thought of her that way, and not as a people-pleaser. 

 

“And that’s a big reason why I like to be by your side, you carry a lot of positive energy. No matter how many times or ways other people try to mess with you, you’re always sharp in finding the way out. I learn valuable things from you.” Yoohyeon mindlessly caresses her arms. Just saying what’s on her mind.

 

Minji nods, appreciating Yoohyeon’s words. She had no reason to think that she was lying, or sugarcoating anything. 

 

“You make it sound like we have a strict work-relationship.” Minji was a tiny bit upset at the lack of flattering comments.

 

Yoohyeon’s eyes widened in panic. “No that’s not it, I-”

 

Minji kisses her before she can continue rambling. “I was teasing you…I know it’s more than just my attitude to work.” Minji confidently assumes.

 

Yoohyeon blushes. “That’s true. But I’m obviously not bold enough to admit that.”

 

Minji pouts. “I wanna hear it.”

 

Yoohyeon hides her embarrassment by snuggling her face into Minji’s neck. 

 

“Hahaha~” Minji hugs her. “Why~”

 

“You go first.” Yoohyeon turns the table round, which was no problem for Minji to lead.

 

“I’ve had plenty of friends from plenty of walks of lives, but one thing about all of them was common.”

“They only wanted your connections.” Yoohyeon tilted her head up so that her words were audible, which tickled Minji’s neck. She giggles but lets Yoohyeon get comfortable in her arms.

 

“Yes,” Minji sounded bitter, reminiscing all the memories and efforts she had made for them when all they did in return was ghost her after getting what they wanted.

“It even happened with people working in the same company, always acting kind to me just to exploit my unselfish actions.” 

 

Yoohyeon could imagine how difficult it must have been for her. At the top, you still can get trampled over, but she trusted that Minji handled herself well externally, just maybe not internally.

 

“Did you get hurt a lot?” Yoohyeon asked in a small tone, hesitant to probe.

 

Minji rubs her back and kisses her head out of affection. “Sadly yes.”

 

Yoohyeon whimpers like a puppy, feeling sorry.

 

“I’ll kill them all.” Her comment makes Minji laugh.

 

“But so I realised that trying to make friends actually made me lonelier than I already was. Until you came.”

 

Yoohyeon scoffs lightly. “Minji you sound too cliche with that line.”

 

“Let me be cliche about my feelings.” Minji argues in return, which Yoohyeon gives in to. 

 

“I just knew from the night we met that you couldn’t be like others I’ve interacted with. You were bright, genuine, and had lots in common with me. There was also a lot of respect coming from your side which I really, really appreciated.”

 

Yoohyeon grinned to herself. “I was intimidated by you, y'know.”

 

“Intimidated??” Minji sounded shocked. “Why?”

 

Yoohyeon shrugs. “Because you were the big boss of my colleagues and had a reputable name in the company.”

 

“BEcause of that I understand…but I didn’t look scary or strict right?” Minji sounded concerned. 

 

Yoohyeon lifted herself back up to reply. “No, you looked beautiful.”

Minji blushes at her smooth line. “Y’know what I mean…”

 

“Okay you look scarily beautiful, like a vampire.” Yoohyeon laughs when Minji hits her chest.

 

“YA! That’s not what I meant!”
 

Yoohyeon calms her down by peppering kisses around her face. “All you have to know is that you were the most gorgeous woman I had ever set my eyes on.” 

 

Minji blushes a deeper red. “Flattering.”

 

“It’s simply the truth.” Yoohyeon lowers herself back down to her comfortable spot.

 

“And consequently, I found myself liking you when I felt relaxed, and not worried about what you were going to say next. Even if we hadn’t broken past the authoritative stage, I could tell that you were someone I could get along with. With time, that was proven. I didn’t feel lonely anymore…my dark void was filled.”

 

Yoohyeon didn’t know Minji could say such deep things. It was then made known to her that Minji was indeed a deep thinker of her emotional attachments to other people, and was clearly aware of how they affected her.

 

“I’m glad I could do that for you.” She hums into her neck.

 

Minji pats her lower back. “I’m grateful I met you, Yoohyeon. You’re the best gift I’ve gotten in a while.”

 

She yawned and Yoohyeon took it as a sign to head to bed. After all, since they had gone to eat, they had only been spending the time chatting. And with someone she had good chemistry with, it was no surprise that they had burned through time.

 

“Let’s sleep,” Yoohyeon gets up, swinging one leg off the couch. Minji held her tight. “C’mon Minji.”

 

“Carry me~” Minji sleepily asks. Yoohyeon complies, lifting her up bridal style.

 

“Do you prefer the right or left side of the bed?” Yoohyeon questions, before setting her down.

 

“Any side. As long as you’re there, I’m okay with anything.”

 

Author's note: Hope you don't mind it in bold, will switch to normal font next chap.