worried

protect my love forever

Yesung pov

Finally I am here again. Usually, I wait outside this surgery room when murders or killers get injured. after getting treated, I just take them back to our police station and work on their investigation. But this time, it's different. I am here for my everything. For my love, kim ryeowook.

Last week when I was about to leave my office, I got a phone call from a stranger, telling me that they’ve captured ryeowook. First I thought it was a joke from one of my friends like eunhyuk, he used to tease me a lot when I confessed to ryeowook. But this time it sounded different, I heard ryeowook screaming my name. He was fearful to be in that ing place.

Now that he is here, away from those M F***, I will always protect him. Protect him? I am a big liar, if I could protect him; he wouldn't  be in that dark basement of the old house, outside ofo Seoul. He was unconscious and bleeding. It’s my entire fault.

"YESUNG… do you hear me?’’

"huh? When did you get here?’’ I jumped 10 feet when sungmin called me.

"I just finished my surgery. Where’s ryeowook? Did you find him? Was he there? What are...’’ before he could question me, I cut him off to answer.

"we found him. And captured three kidnappers who were with him. He was in a bad condition, so I brought him here. he is in surgery room now.’’

"whhhhhhhhhhhhhhat. How bad was he?’’ sungmin teared even before i answer him. seeing tears turn down his cheeks made me wollow in self-guilt...only i fi was a better oyfriend none of these would happen. ryeowook was trapped in danger because of my criminal case.

"he was bleeding… I am sorry sungmin, i know it's my entire fault.’’ I had nothing to say. Ryeowook’s image is in my mind and I still can’t explain how he looks.

"yesung hyung~...don't say that’’ sungmin moved forward and hugged me. as i tried to calm down, i turned to see Kyuhyun exiting from the surgery room.

"Ohhhhhhhh you guys are here?’’

"what are you doing here? Don’t you have a surgery with doctor Chau?” sungmin asked

"doctor Chau and I completed ryeowook’s surgery.” kyuhyun explained

“is he gonna be okay?” I whispered, feeling numb.

“ his hand was broken, he had an open cut on his head and other parts of body. His minor injuries are taken care of, but we have to wait for a while to do furthur examinations to make sure he will be in a stale condition.” Kyuhyun explained

“when is he getting his conscious back” I asked as the tears formed in my eye.

“ I don’t know, it depends on his own” he said

“ WHAT THE … IT DEPENDS ON HIS OWN, YOU ARE A DOCTOR YOU SHOULD KNOW HIS.” I screamed. Why? I don’t know. I am just soooooo scared.

“yesung hyung, pleaseeeeeeee we are in hospital. Patients get their conscious back in different time. It depends on how strong or weak their body is and how their body reacts, we can predict that he'd wake up at lease in a day, but still it depends.” Sungmin tried to calm me.

“can I see him, plaseeeeeeeeeeee”  I said in a pleading tone.

“ I will inform the nurse to let you in to ICU, once they are done positioning him in there.” Kyuhyun said without any complain.

“okay, then I will go in ICU hall to wait, is it upstairs?” I asked

“ yes, we will go to see doctor chau to talk to him about ryeowook’s condition, I will tell you everything I find.” Sungmin said as he dragged kyuhyun with him to the elevator.

In elevator/ no one’s pov

as kyuhyun pressed the 5th floors button, the elevator moved up

Suddenly he felt his lover, sungmin, hugging his right arm and starting to cary like an innocent child.

“ kyu…what should I do? What if he wouldn’t wake up?”

“minni ah, he will get better soon, don’t worry” kyuhyun said as he drew circles on his lover's back and kissing his head softly, hoping sungmin would calm down and relax.

“who are you trying to persuade? I am your professor in this hospital. Ryeowook is in ICU and doesn’t have a good condition, I already have a feeling that something bad is going on.”

“ Don't get too emotional baby, he might get better soon.” Kyu said quietly, not wanting to make sungmin feel more upset.

“Whatever”

As they reach doctor chau’s office, they saw him review some file’s while talking to a nurse.

“Good afternoon doctor chau, I need to talk to you about your new patient, kim ryeowook. You just finished his surgery with kyuhyn.”

“if you want to know how well kyuhyun did, I can say that he was fantastic and fast” as doctor chau make that complement, kyuhyun flashed a smile feeling satisfied, but sungmin seemed like he didn’t even hear it.

“No, I am not here for that. kim ryeowook is my best friend and he is a nurse in this hospital, but he works in kids section in the fourth floor. He got kidnapped by some stranger about a week ago and i am so worried about his current condition, so can you please let me review his file to see the details about his condition?”

“Oh really? I am sorry to hear this news. His surgery was successful, but he has lost a large amount of blood and because his hand had been broken for more than a day, we couldn’t wait so we took him to the surgery room immediately. We have to wait until tomorrow, hopefully by then we will be able to do a complete check. Also, he's fragile, so I don’t know when he gets his conscious back.”

“I will review his file and return it to you in an hour, thank you doctor chau”

“no problem, I will do my best to help him”

Outside doctor’s office

“Sungmin where are you going?”

“to my office, I want to check this file out and then check ryeowook”

“you just had a veryyyyyy long surgery, and a 24 hour shift before it, go home and get some rest.”

“I will go after I am done with this.”

“alright, I will go see if I can get a permission for yesung to visit ryeowook in ICU.”

before sungmin walk away, kyu stopped him and gave him to place a small peck on his pouty lips.

“kyunnie~…don’t do this here, what if someone sees us.”

“ I don’t care… and I am not letting you go before you show me your smile and promise me to go home after you are done checking on Ryeowook.”

“Come on, stop copying Donghae.” Sungmin blushed and showed his cute smile to the cheesy guy in front of him.

“wahhhhh… I am dying because of you cutie, that was just more energetic than any energy drink.”

“yah… does that mean I am energy drink??????? Keke I need to go, see ya”

“fine my cutie”