| Getaway Car Pt. 2

Heavy Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What in the hell just happened?”

 

2:31 am. 

 

Ning straightened up, agitated. “I’m pretty sure we found an almost dead body on the road to... I don’t know.. probably… to absolutely ing nowhere!” 

 

Ning's abrupt outburst brought Yeji back to her senses. She instantly stood up and approached me. “Wear this.” She handed me her sweater. "I'll go grab us some water so we can relax, hm?" " She continued. 

 

“Thanks, Yej.” I answered as I took a look at my upper torso and realized that my shirt was already ripped off. I recall applying it to stop the bleeding on the girl. Gosh, how she was bleeding to death. 

 

“Sama ako beh. Naiihi ako dahil sa nangyayari.” Ning stood up and clinged her arm around Yeji’s.

 

“Now, how the hell are we going to explain this to my parents? And sino siya?!”  Giselle exclaimed as she messed up her hair. 

 

As if on cue, one of the medics got out of the operating room and went towards me. “Miss? Ito yung selpon at wallet ng babae sa loob.” 

 

“A-Ahm, thanks po.” We exchanged bows before he exited the hallway.

 

I sat in a chair near the clearly shaken Giselle while I went through the girl's belongings. I searched through her wallet and found a driver's license and a national ID.

 

Winter Blade Alvarez

 

January 1, 2001. Oh, she’s about the same age as us. 

 

“So?” Giselle butted in. She's definitely stressed about what's going on. Knowing her parents, this is something they'll be furious about. Their daughter and her friends got into an accident while drinking. If that was even considered as an accident. 

 

“I’ll check her phone. Hold this for me.” I handed her the girl’s valid ID’s.. or should I say, Winter’s valid ID’s, or Blade’s? I don’t really have time to think about what to call her so either will do. 

 

“Woah, she’s really pretty.. and handsome at the same time.” Giselle being Giselle even in the face of a problem. I ignored her and continued on looking through Winter’s phone. 

 

6 missed calls from Lopez.

 

7 messages from Lopez.

 

6 messages from Pogi Line.

 

These might be her relatives or friends. They must be worried since she hasn't returned home. Fortunately, her phone does not have a passcode, allowing me to access and message her relatives.

 

Lopez: blade?!

Lopez: saan ka?

Lopez: anong nangyari sa kwarto mo?! ang daming dugo

Lopez: gago huy!

Lopez: reply ka, blade

Lopez: blade, nag-aalala na kami oh

Lopez: hahalughugin namin mga daan. magchat ka kung buhay ka pa!

 

GC - Pogi Line

 

Ryujin: mga pre nawawala si blade. hindi rin nagrereply

Ryujin: marami rin dugo sa kwarto niya

Chaewon: ano???!

Yujin: gago, tara na! daanan ko kayo dyan, hiramin ko kotse ng kasama ko sa apartment 

Chaewon: punta na lang ako sa apartment mo

Ryujin: paki bilis

 

I quickly phoned one of her friends after reading about how concerned they are. They must be devastated to see Winter's bloody room.

 

*Calling Lopez*

 

“Hel-”

 

“B-Blade?!”

 

“Hi, this isn’t Blade bu-” 

 

“Sino ka?! Nasaan si Blade?” What I was about to say was again cut short by the girl on the other line.

 

“U-uhm. Please don’t panic pero Bla-”

 

“Please don’t panic?! Edi lalo akong nag panic?!” I palmed my face mentally because she would not let me finish. Karina, please be patient.

 

“I-uh. Okay, please let me finish first. This is important.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“We’re here sa main city hospital and your friend is currently in the OR.” 

 

*Gasps* “Anong nangyari?? Marami ba siyang sugat?! Papunta na kami dyan.” 

 

“I-I’ll explain everything when you’re here. Ask for Karina Barrera na lang sa lobby so that you can locate me agad.”

 

“Sige, miss. Salamat!”

 

*Call ends*

 

After the call, I quickly got up and told my friends that they could use my car to get home and rest, to which they instantly agreed.

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” Yeji asked after giving me a tight hug.

 

“Yes, of course. I’ll head to dad’s office to change my clothes.” My dad is a neurosurgeon who also serves as the hospital's director. He must have already finished his shift today, as he is not here.

 

“Call us if you need us, ha?” I nodded in answer to Ning, who had entered the car after a tight hug.

 

-

 

Here at dad's office, I quickly took a bath and changed into new clothes before heading down to the area near the operating room where Winter is presently receiving treatment. 

 

The doctor came out and met me after a few moments. “Are you with the patient?” He asked. 

 

“Y-Yes po. Kamusta po siya?” 

 

“She was stabbed in the abdomen and has a laceration on the right side of her head. Her face and body had bruises as well, so we assumed she had been beaten very badly.” The doctor responded. 

 

Winter must have gone through a lot. It's fortunate for us that we immediately spotted her laying on the road.

 

“Fortunately, we were able to control the bleeding right away. She suffered serious internal organ damage and significant blood loss, but she is now doing well. At least for now. She will likely sleep for a day or two, but that is expected and you don’t have to worry. ” The doctor continued, then bowed, and ordered the nurse to direct me to Winter's room.

 

With a heavy heart, I entered the hospital room. I know she's a total stranger to me, yet I feel really bad for her. It may sound weird but I want to look after her and help her heal from all that has happened to her.

 

I sat in the chair next to her hospital bed and stared at her while I traced every visible scar on her face. Her arms and knuckles were also bruised. I took her hand in mine and gently leaned on it, holding it gently. 

 

She seemed to be at peace in this position. Probably the absolute opposite of how things have been for her in past days, months, or even years.

 

As I continued to gaze at her, I realized I was grateful for our unexpected road trip. What if no one noticed her? That had to be it for her. Nobody deserves to die in a situation like that, not her.

 

Winter Blade Alvarez, who are you? And how did you get into this situation?

 

I  didn’t let go of her hand and slowly closed my eyes as I gave in to sleep. I’ll see you in the morning, Winter. 

 

7:02 am.  

 

I was suddenly startled by a loud noise emanating from something dropping. I immediately straightened up and made eye contact with three people. Two of them had bobbed hair, while the other had long black hair with curtain bangs.

 

“W-Who are you guys?” I inquired, still woozy from my extended nap. How much time did I spend sleeping ba?

 

“Ah-eh, ikaw ang sino, teh. Almost four hours ka na tulog habang hawak yung kamay ni Blade.” The one with the darker bob answered. Oh, they call her Blade. 

 

“Gago ka. Si Karina yan, yung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter