Chapter 5 - Kaito-

An Angel's Ice Heart {A Fairy Tail Fanfiction}

And so, the four mages made their way to the informat by train. After an hour or so, they ended up at an run down tavern.  They searched around for their informat. Finally, ending up with a guy wearing a bandana. 

"Kaito?" Erza asked the stranger. 

"What's it to you, lady" he snarled without even looking up. 

"You sent this letter didn't you?" she continued. 

There was a short pause and then he walked out the door. But just before that, he whispered "Meet me by the oak tree on 70th avenue."

The group did as they were instructed and found the tree. At sunset, the stranger came back. 

"What took you so long," Natsu snapped. 

The stranger stared at the group. "Are you guys responding to our request? To save the Princess?" 

"Hell yeah," Natsu spat, "Why the hell else would we be here?"

The stranger smiled. "Good. Let's talk on the way to Silice. "

Everyone boarded the nearby train. Natsu was completely sick but no one payed much attention to him. Everyone was more focused on the bandana man. 

"First of all, tell us your name," Erza demanded sternly.

Her eyes showed that she didn't have the patience for disobedience.  T

he stranger chuckled, "Chill, woman. Kaito is my real name. It wasn't an alias. What about yours? You might as well add where you're from and why you want to help out Princess."

Erza glared at the man but responded.  "I'm called Erza. Here are my Nakama, Natsu, Gray, Happy and Lucy. "

She looked at each one of her friends as she said this. 

"We are from the guild, Fairy Tail. Mel is our friend. You must've known we were coming.. Seeing that you took the time to deliver your letter to our Master," she continued. 

"I see. Well... To be honest, you guys seem to know everything you need to know. If you read the letter." Kaito said calmly. 

"Are you sure?" Erza replied. 

"The only thing left that you don't know... Is the dark guilds purpose. Oh. And that you can't enter the kingdom."

"WHAT?" Erza said, surprised, "then how do you expect us to save her?"

The man shook his head, "Calm down. I meant that there was no legal way for you guys to enter. I can smuggle you guys in."

"Alright," Erza said in a calmer tone, "Then that answers that question. What about the motives?"

"The Groom wants the Kingdom. And the dark guild wants her powers," a dark voice behind them said. 

All heads turned to see Gray. He was wearing his clothes again and staring out the window. 

"How'd you know?" Kaito asked, curious, "Nobody but the Civilians know this."

"It's happened before... The guild part that is. And the wants to take over the kingdom part? Well that's to be expected." Gray continued solemnly. 

"What do you mean, 'it's happened before?'" Kaito said, voice shaking. 

"The dark guild, Shadow Fist, wanted her 11 years ago. Ur, my teacher, stopped them. But now, they're back." 

Kaito swallowed loudly. "Yes... And they're stronger and more determined to get what they want. No matter the cost."