Chapter 3 -Gray-

An Angel's Ice Heart {A Fairy Tail Fanfiction}

Crash!

The Mug in Gray's hand was now on the floor with all of its contents. Gray reached down to clean the mess and noticed that the mug was chipped. 

"That's a sign of bad luck," Elfman said jokingly. 

Gray looked up at his huge friend.

"Heh. Since when have you been superstitious?"

Elfman just shook his head and walked away smiling. But Gray did find it a little bit unsettling. He couldn't help but feel that something was wrong or he was missing something. Gray just sighed, there wasn't anything he could do now anyways. He proceeded to give Mirajane the broken pieces, when suddenly he heard the door crash open. 

"WE'RE HOOOMMMMEEE!" a rowdy voice called out.

Gray turned and saw his rival, Natsu, standing in the middle of the doorway. Natsu ran at full speed and kicked Gray in the face. 

Gray approached the crazy kid, "That hurt Natsu! Let's settle out fight from last time Punk!"

"Gray," Cana, another Mage said, "You're not wearing any clothes."

But that didn't stop him from getting into the fight. He and Natsu were going at each others throats and punching the interferers away.

"Time to get serious!," Gray shouted.  He prepared the stance for his ice make magic as everyone was activating theirs. 

"LET'S GOOO!" Natsu yelled with flames scorching out of his hands.

However, a giant monster of a man appeared.

"KNOCK IT OFF, YOU FOOLS!" he boomed.

It was the master. 

"Oh jeez. The old man's here to ruin the fun," Natsu whined. 

The master looked at both boys, but his eyes settled on Gray.

"Gray.." he said in a soft tone, "I met someone on the way back.."

"Yeah, so ?" Gray asked. 

"Well... Here. I think you should read for yourself."

Master handed Gray an envelope that was sealed shut.

 Gray ripped it open. He quickly scanned the contents... And his face turned pale. 

"Damn it!" he huffed as he sprinted out the door. 

"Yo Gray," he heard Natsu call out, "Where you going in a hurry?"

Gray didn't have time to reply. He just had to get to her. As fast as it was possible. 

"Mel..." he whispered.