Chapter 4 -Team Natsu-

An Angel's Ice Heart {A Fairy Tail Fanfiction}

Natsu stared off questionably at Gray as he sped off. 

"What's got him all in a hurry?" a woman asked. 

Natsu spun and saw Erza Scarlet, "Er-Erza" he stammered.

 " Welcome back Erza-chan!" Mirajane said cheerfully. 

"Yes. I'm back," Erza said, "but what's up with Gray?"

The master looked at Erza. "You two should go after him. He might need help. I doubt he's thinking rationally."

Erza looked at the old man skeptically. She was confused. Seeing her expression, Makrov handed her the same envelope he have Gray.  Similar to Gray, Erzas face paled too. 

"What the hell is in that envelope?" Natsu spat, "Both you and Gray had the same damn reaction. You're not going to run out too, are you?"

Erzas face didn't even twitch. 

"It's Mel-chan..." Erza whispered.

But the whole guild had become quiet at the sound of that name.  Murmurs went out all around. Everyone wondered the same thing. What could have happened to that sweet little angel?

"She.. She's in trouble. According to this letter, she's not only going to be forced into marriage but a dark guild is planning something with the groom!" Erza began to shout. 

More murmurs. Every guild member was worried. Everyone knew and liked Melanie.. Except for the newcomer, Lucy Heartphilia. 

"What's- What's going on?" she thought worriedly.

She looked towards Natsu... And was shocked. His face wasn't pleasant. He looked angry. 

"Let's go," he said calmly and both he and Erza left.

"What's happening?" Lucy asked Makrov. 

"A rescue mission," he replied. "To save Little Mel-chan."

Lucy was still confused.

"Who's Mel-chan?" she asked. 

"To put it short, she's a very precious person to Gray. She's also befriended many of us in this guild. She's a fairy tail member who doesn't work at this guild." the master explained bluntly. 

Lucy was even more confused now. A guild member who doesn't work at the guild? That's... Just so strange.

The master spoke again in a quiet voice.  "Why don't you follow Natsu and them. You'll find out for yourself"

She hesitated but decided that she might as well. Gathering up her strength she ran towards Natsu. 

"Hold up!" she shouted, "I'm coming too!"

Minutes later, the trio (and happy) found Gray just about to board a boat. 

"Gray!" Erza yelled.  Gray turned his head around and stared at the woman. 

"What do you want?" he scowled. 

"We're going with you," Natsu added, "whether you like it or not."

Gray faces the other way again.

"Whatever."

Erza pushed Gray's shoulder. "Listen up, Gray. Where do you think you'll do on your own? There's a whole guild there! Let's go meet the guy who sent this letter first!"

"Fine," he muttered while looking towards the floor, "I kind of realized that too. "