THE CORONATION

The Royal Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

ps.

This Chapter mainly tackles the coronation of the Queen. Almost half of this chapter is about it. I based the coronation scene in the transcript of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation in 1953. I hope you guys enjoys this one.

 

March 29, 2009 @ Bosworth Castle, The Queens 18th Birthday and Coronation Day

Today is a landmark event in the history of modern Earlton. Today is the coronation of their young Queen, a history in the making. As per her declaration during her accession, she shall fully embraced the role of being the sovereign ruler the moment she reach the age of 18.

 

Even though the coronation has long been planned and has been the Queen for two years, it still feel surreal that today, before the day ends, she will finally become a ruling Queen. 

 

'Can I do this? Am I worthy?' She asked herself as she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

 

She saw the frame with the picture of her and her highschool friend at St. Mary's boarding school in Scotland where she graduated highschool before returning back to Earlton.

 

She can't help but smile with the sudden nostalgia that she felt while looking at the picture with her.

 

She received a letter from that friend but she hasn't opened it yet. Irene opened her drawer and looked for the letter.

 

After, she took the letter and read it;

 

Dearest Irene,

I cannot express how proud I am of you. If I could just magically be there during this time, I will jump out of this letter and give you a very big congratulatory hug. As I heard the news of your coronation, I can't stop myself from bragging to my colleaugues that you are my high school bestfriend. Although, I can not blame them for not  wanting to believing me. They even gave me the name "Lady Daydreamer, Duchess of Fantasy Land" can you believe them? Haha.

Anyway, as much as I want to witness you be crowned as the Queen of our great sovereign, I cannot as of the moment come at your disposal. I know that even without me there, you are going to be surrounded by the people you love and trust.

Rest assured that your are always in thoughts and in my prayers.

May God Save The Queen.

Your Loyal Subject,

Seulgi Abernathy.

 

She let out a sigh. Although she already expected that Seulgi won't be able to attend, still she's somehow sad and dissapointed. There's a small part of her that wants Seulgi to be at her coronation. She's aware that Seulgi have been busy with her own private life. They even barely communicate because of the very strict schedule that the Queen has to follow.

 

She put down the letter and tries to remenisce the good old days, particularly the moment they met.

 

It all started two years ago.

 

The State Funeral of the King was grieved by the World. A lot of state leaders joined the processional walk to the King's Final resting place. The world's attention also shifts to the young Queen. Despite her young age, she lead the processional walk with his uncle James, the Duke of Berry. A lot of people are doubting the young Queen but at that moment, they symphatized with her and they showed respect on her dedication.

 

After the late King's funeral, the privy council and the Queen Regent have decided that the Queen must finish her studies at a boarding school abroad. Despite Irene's refusal, she was still sent to Scotland in the United Kingdom to finish her highschool at St. Mary's Boarding School. An elite highschool where members of the British Royal Family and other Noble Family attended.

 

In St. Mary's, she was just treated the same as others. No special treatment or anything and surprisingly, Irene likes it. She was also able to keep a low profile since all the other students are from wealthy families, so they couldn't care less about her. 

 

She admits that she was hesitant in studying abroad because she does not want to be far away from her family, specially that her father just recently passed, but now, she feels like this is what she needed. A break from her royal duties and a time to enjoy the remaining days of her youth as normal as possible.

 

The peaceful meditation of the Queen was interrupted when a soccer ball accidentally hit her head.

 

She looked at the direction where the ball came from with a sharp and annoyed gaze. A girl who accidentally hit her comes running  towards her direction and what annoyed her more is that the person running towards her is laughing.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry, we didn't mean to hurt you." The girl said smiling at her.

 

The Queen looked at the girl trying to analyze the girl. 

 

'She looks athletic. Pretty, this girl must be really popular here. She has an arrogant aura and I don't like her vibe at all--- she looks like she's happy all the time. I don't like it' The young queen said on her mind.

 

"And you think it's funny?" She said while raising her eyebrows.

 

"Well- uhh.... " The girl feels intimidated by the aura of the Queen.

 

The Queen smirked.

 

'Ha, nothings funny now, huh? ' she utter to herself

 

Well you can't blame the girl. Even if the Queen is wearing a school uniform and technically, still not a rulling queen, she is still THE Queen and thus her aura really is different compared to her peers. Being the crown princess she was thaught that she must always embodies grace, poise and dignity with her at all times. Thus, making her standout wherever she is.

 

"Well?" Irene asked annoyed but still with so much poise.

 

The girl obviously was caught on guard. Despite the fact that she was too stunned to speak in the precense of the Queen, she was also too focused on Irene's pretty face. 

 

'She looks etheral.'  the girl thinks.

 

"I don't think it's f-funny... M-Ma'am.." The girl replied somehow nervously... she doesn't even know why she called her "Ma'am" or why she feels tense because to be honest, they look like they are the same age.

 

Irene laughed. She didn't know why but the sound of the girl made all her annoyance disappeared. It's also been awhile since someone addressed her 'Ma'am'.

 

Irene found the girl silly, maybe that's why she made her laugh.

 

"Ha... Ha... Ha??" The confused girl tried to laugh with her even though she doesn't know why Irene is laughing.

 

"I'm sorry for acting like a brat. It's okay, here's your ball." Irene said as she picked up the ball and toss it to mysterious girl.

 

Irene is actually kind but recent events in her life, changes how she deals with people. She became irritable at some point but she tries her best to improve every single time. She knows that she has to always be at her best behavior like her mother told her to, because when comes back to Earlton, her life will devoted to her service to the people. And that comes with her life being in the eyes of public attention.

 

"T-thank you... Ma'a--- what's your name again?" She asked.

 

"Irene Snowdon." Irene said as she offers her hand for a handshake.

 

'Snowdon?' The girl is somewhat familiar with that family name because she knew she heard it somewhere.

 

"Snowdon? Like the Snowdons in Earlton?" She asked ammusedly.

 

The Queen gently laugh.

 

"Yes, like the Snowdons in Earlton." She affimed. 

 

The girl quickly took her phone o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter