4.

Take me back to the start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

——//——

 

HEECHUL'S POV

 

We started eating and silence was killing us. After Jungsoo introduced her, our seats filled with awkwardness.

 

I couldn't even eat properly and keep my head low.

 

“Shin, long time no see! I'm so glad to finally see you here.” Renai said, i looked up at her and she was smiling while looking at Shindong.

 

Shindong already knew her and he never said anything about her?

 

“Me too, Renai. I've missed you.” Shin softly replied and glanced at her.

 

“You know each other?” Ryeowook butted in.

 

“Yes. Jungsoo and Shin often meet so he introduced him to me and become a good friends.” Renai said. She looked kind and innocent—no wonder why Jungsoo fell in love with her.

 

“How did you meet? I mean you and Jungsoo.” Eunhyuk, for the first time he finally opened his mouth and asked her.

 

My eyes landed on Jungsoo and He was staring at her. His eyes were sparkling while looking at her.

 

It was gentle and full of love—he genuinely love her.

 

“Well, we both came from the same school. I bumped into him and we argued that time because i was having a hard time. I kept blaming him until i had enough and cried in front of him. He took me to the empty room and let me cry there until I felt better and I apologized to him. After that, we always talked and sometimes hung out. Until one day, he confessed to me and asked me to date him. Well, i also felt the same way so i said yes.” Renai began, held Jungsoo's hand, showing their engagement ring.

 

“You're blushing!!” Kyuhyun pointed it out when he saw Jungsoo trying to hide his face.

 

He was indeed blushing. Everyone laughed and started to talk to Renai. It looked like everyone liked her now and approved to her. 

 

“Do you want to go home? Let's get out here.” Donghae whispered, i shook my head and softly smiled at him.

 

“I don't want to ruin the mood. If i leave, they will think I'm still affected. Let's just stay here until everyone's wants to leave.” I softly said, assuring him that i would be okay.

 

I'm still affected—that should've been me.

 

I tried to ignore them and just mind my own business. They never paid attention to me except for Donghae. He kept checking me out and kept asking if i wanted to go home.

 

I was eating peaceful when Renai said something causing everyone to shut their mouth. 

 

“Heechul? I've heard you and Jungsoo had a past.” Renai asked, those words from her made them to shut their mouth.

 

I dropped the fork i was holding and slowly stared at her. I met her eyes—it was cold and no emotion.

 

“Hey..” Jungsoo called her and gently nudged her using his elbow, trying to stop her and want to get Renai's attention.

 

But Renai ignored him and didn't even budge.

 

“Excuse me, Renai?” Donghae, facing her and a frown crept in his forehead.

 

I reached out his hand under the table and he immediately looked at me. I just shook my head asking him to stop.

 

“Why? I just want to ask him that's all.” Renai shrugged off and eyes were still on mine.

 

Everyone looks uncomfortable especially me—imagine his present girlfriend suddenly asked you about the past that you had no choice but to remain calm and hold your composure.

 

“Yes.” I replied, she smiled at me, sweetly.

 

“Thank you for hurting him.” Renai began

 

As she spoke, my heart began to beat faster as if my heart wanted to escape.

 

“If you didn't do th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter