Chapter 2

Dumb Dumb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To not make you guys confused, Pink colored words are Tiffany's thoughts and Blue Taeyeon's.

Here we go! :)

-----------------------

 

One rainy evening in June.

 

Walking towards the bus stop with a transparent umbrella in her hand, Tiffany felt warmth spread her heart when she spotted a familiar figure sitting alone, staring into the distance, probably admiring the pouring rain. The small-framed girl in university uniform looked so serene at that moment, she thought.

"Taetae," she whispered when she arrived next to the girl, putting her hand gently on the girl's shoulder. When Taeyeon looked at her and smiled showing her pearly teeth, Tiffany felt her eyes and lips automatically responded with significant curves.

"You didn't have to wait for me and should've gone ahead, you know," the redhead said, occupying the empty space right next to Taeyeon's, "now you're late too." She had an extra class on that day, and the short girl texted her and insisted that she would wait for her and go back to their dorms together.

"How could I have?" Taeyeon calmly replied, tenderness written all over her face, "Now you see there's almost no one around here at this time and buses take quite some time to arrive. Of course I was worried for you." Tiffany smiled from ear to ear, the words from the other girl touching her even more.

"Been listening to music?" she asked, pointing at the earphones plugged in Taeyeon's ears. The petite girl nodded.

Without any words, Tiffany plugged out one side of the earphones from Taeyeon and put in her ear. Flowed was a slow and peaceful melody, apparently a movie ost. Taeyeon sure loved to listen to osts. Contented with the present atmosphere, she leaned her head on the other girl's shoulder, taking in the peachy shampoo scent from Taeyeon's shoulder-length black hair. She felt the girl beside her tense for a moment, but then immediately relaxed.

 

Sharing the music and waiting for the bus together with no one around, Tiffany felt as if there was only the two of them in the world. She side-eyed Taeyeon and thought the girl looked even more beautiful at a close proximity. And she felt so secure and comfortable with Taeyeon by her side. It felt so right. Everything felt so right at that moment.

"Taeyeon-ah," she softly called out, to which the other girl hummed in response.

"What kind of person am I to you?"

Taeyeon curiously turned her head to look at Tiffany by the side, stunned at the sudden question. "What do you mean, Fany-ah? Why are you asking me this out of the blue?"

"Just because," Tiffany replied with a smile, "We've been together since we were children. So it's out of the blue but I want to know what kind of existence I am to you, what meaning I hold in your life. Honestly."

"Umm..." Taeyeon gulped, feeling like some kind of lump stuck in . She tried to calm herself down and spoke, "You're a precious existence to me. A long-time best friend whom I hold dear and care about so much. I thought you already acknowledged this."

Tiffany rose up from her shoulder and stared into her eyes, as if looking for an answer, "Is that so?"

Taeyeon chuckled nervously, "Of course. Don't tell me you're doubting our friendship?"

At that moment, Tiffany felt her heart slowly shattering, her heart filled with uncertainty and confusion.

Have I been mistaken? The love I see in her eyes all this time is purely of a best friend's?

"Then what if..." she tried to confirm once again, "how do you think you would feel if I start dating someone?"

Taeyeon felt as if her head was just struck by a lightening at Tiffany's question.

So is that it? The reason Tiffany started this weird conversation was because she was going to date someone and she wanted to share this to her and probably ask for her advice? She saw this coming sooner or later but not that soon.

She felt her legs going weak and started to feel suffocated. Good thing she was sitting or she would have collapsed to the ground.

She tried to gain composure as she didn't want Tiffany to see her in a weird way, "I-I... of course I'll be happy for you if the guy is a good one who really loves and takes care of you. Are you dating someone? Woah, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, you didn't even give me a heads up! Who's the lucky guy?" It was her habit to blabber nonstop when she wanted to hide something; in this case, to hide her miserableness.

Tiffany blinked quickly to prevent tears from falling from her eyes, which was unnoticed by Taeyeon as usual.

Maybe I was really imagining things. Seems like it's me alone having feelings.

"There's someone called Choi Siwon from Business major third year. He confessed to me last week and I'm thinking if I should give him a chance as he looked like a decent guy."

Tiffany wasn't considering that guy at all before, but after hearing what she meaned to Taeyeon from her own mouth, she thought if she should stop imagining and snap back to reality.

"C-Choi Siwon? The campus prince?"

The redhead shrugs nonchalantly, "That's what people call him."

Damn, of course this is her level. Some potato like me can't even dream.

"Well, why not? From what I've heard, he doesn't play around with girls, does great in his studies and his family has a good background. Not to mention his handsome face on top of this. Now that I think of it, you two will make a campus power visual couple. Congratulations, Hwang Miyoung!" Taeyeon mumbled, trying to ignore the sharp pain in her chest. Tiffany nodded softly with an unreadable expression, which Taeyeon took as uncertainty in deciding her boyfriend-to-be.

I truly wish you find love with him, Fany-ah. Even if it means heartbreak to me.

-----------------------------

Tiffany started to wonder if she really wasn't imagining things alone. After she and Siwon started dating officially, Taeyeon noticeably avoided her and her face would fall whenever she saw her and Siwon together. She could see them although the shorter girl was doing a good job covering up by putting up an indifferent front. They literally grew up together after all.

She felt the need to confirm Taeyeon's true feelings once again. She didn't want to give up yet. And the best way she thought was making her jealous.

So there she was, linking the arm of her boyfriend as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter