Chapter 5

Dumb Dumb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tiffany's"

Kim Taeyeon proudly smiled looking up at the title of the new boutique shop she was standing in front of. She wasted no time and went inside.

"Welcome- oh, Taeyeon-ah, you're here!" The owner of the boutique greeted her cheerfully, half-surprised and half-blushed when the shorter woman handed her a bouquet of pink larkspurs, her favourite flowers.

"Congratulations on the opening, Fany-ah. Although I'm a bit late," Taeyeon said, a dimple prominently forming on her chin. Tiffany mouthed a thank you and gestured Taeyeon to sit at a table.

It had been nearly a week since the boutique was opened, and as much as she wanted to be with Tiffany helping her in the opening, she unfortunately had to stay all day and night at the company in preparation of a girl group's world tour concert those few days back.

Once she got some time, Taeyeon immediately decided to drop by at the shop, and Tiffany also invited her, saying she wanted to make a formal suit herself for Taeyeon as a gift.

 

"How's the business?" asked the woman in shoulder-lengthed brown hair, looking around the shop filled with various kinds of clothes designed by Tiffany.

The taller woman shrugged, "Still pretty much empty, as you can see. Managed to sell two or three outfits only."

Taeyeon nodded thoughtfully. "That's natural as it's only been a few days," she said in encouragement, "It's also because people don't know this place yet. Actually, there's someone called Choi Sooyoung in our company who is a model and actress. She has been into fashion vlogging for quite some time too. So if you agree, I'll invite her here. It should be of some help."

"That'd be great of course! Thank you, Taeyeon-ah," Tiffany replied, feeling touched for all those things the other woman had done for her.

 

Feeling a slight pull on her shirt from behind, Taeyeon turned around and found Winter in a yellow princess dress with sparkles all over.

"Auntie Taetae," the 2-years-old greeted her with a shy smile.

Taeyeon smiled from ear to ear at the sight, "Why, hello! Our princess Minjeong is looking super pretty!"

Winter giggled and help up a piece of drawing in front of her face as she said, "Auntie Taetae."

The short-haired woman took the paper, "You drew me?" she asked in awe, understanding Winter's baby talk well after spending a few months with the mother and the daughter. Winter eagerly nodded.

 She scanned the drawing and saw an undecipherable pile of scribbles in blue and black. Regardless, she felt so touched at the fact that the little girl felt close enough to her to the extent she would draw her.

"It's so beautiful, Minjeong-ah! Thanks for drawing me, I'll keep and treasure this well," she said sincerely, softly touching and pinching Winter's cheeks.

Tiffany smiled at the sight unfolded in front of her, feeling warmth and content spread all over her insides. "Sweetie," she called out, holding her daughter's arm, "Mommy needs to make a dress for Auntie Taetae. Her favourite cartoon character is Stitch. So can you be drawing Stitch for her while we work?" Winter obeyed and scurried away towards her drawing place.

 

"You still remembered," Taeyeon gently said, feeling somewhat tingly inside.

Tiffany blushed a little but dismissed with a smile, "Let's get your measures," she grabbed a measuring tape as Taeyeon stood up.

Putting the tape across the brown-haired's shoulders and leaning close to ensure the numbers, the black-haired felt shaky and giddy inside as she couldn't even remember the last time she got this close to Taeyeon.

On the other hand, Taeyeon was also in short of breath as she took in the feminine scent of Tiffany's perfume at a close proximity, trying so hard not to let her legs give out. She wondered how her first love still had the same effect on her after all these years.

Tiffany gulped when it was time to measure Taeyeon's chest as she held the tape up in front of her assets, feeling her hands slightly tremble.

"Open you arms," Tiffany instructed to which Taeyeon complied.

Be professional, Tiffany Hwang. You've done this to so many people before.

"By the way," she started a conversation to calm herself down while carefully wrapping the tape around Taeyeon's chest, "you seem to prefer calling Winter by her Korean name, as I've noticed."

"A-ah, yeah," Taeyeon replied, nearly shrieking out loud when Tiffany's soft slender fingers brushed past the side of her right , "calling her Minjeong rather than Winter feels much more closer to her for me. Hope you don't mind."

"Why would I? I actually find it adorable," Tiffany said with her eyesmile, effectively making Taeyeon's heart skip some beats.

Gosh, this woman drives me crazy.

-----------------------------------

 

At her clean and organized work desk on the eighth floor of SM Entertainment Company, Taeyeon was typing diligently on the laptop, focusing back and forth between the laptop screen and her note book on the table where she wrote draft lyrics with a pencil. And then, a familiar small voice interrupted.

"Auntie Taetae!"

Her head snapped at the direction of the voice and her lips broke out into a wide smile at the sight of the two-years-old happily skipping her way towards her, with her mother following behind. She caught the child and picked her up into her arms.

"Hi, Minjeongie," Taeyeon said, smooching the little girl's cheek, and then looked behind to greet the mother, "Hi, Fany-ah."

"Hello, Tae. Thanks for letting us visit here. Winter wouldn't stop whining and nagging how she wanted to see where you work. Hope we're not burdensome," Tiffany said and noticed Taeyeon was wearing black geeky reading glasses.

She looks quite attractive in glasses.

"Not at all. I also wanted to show her around this place anyway," Taeyeon replied, playing Winter's little fingers with hers, "Actually I'm sorry I need to finish a piece of draft and email to my team leader urgently. Could you two wait for a few minutes? It'll be quick."

Tiffany agreed and took Winter to wait for Taeyeon while sitting on small sofas nearby, watching Taeyeon as the way she was seriously working mesmerized her.

 

Then, her eyes nearly popped out when a tall nicely-styled woman approached Taeyeon from behind and backhugged her.

"Unnie, I missed you~" she heard her affectionately talk to Taeyeon.

The older woman turned around and replied with the same level of affection, "I missed you too, Juhyun-ah. Good thing your international fanmeets are over or you'll be looking like a literal zombie."

Tiffany watched the two joked and conversed sweetly to each other, feeling all confused. She was sure Taeyeon told her she wasn't dating anyone at the moment after having a few flings a couple of years back since she had no feeling and time anymore. At that point of time, she was quite sure of herself that she still had romantic feelings for Taeyeon. She also assumed Taeyeon was feeling the same for her but she was not completely sure since Taeyeon kept acting and addressing her as a best friend.

She recognized the woman beside Taeyeon. She had noticed the younger-looking woman in some drama series as well as in several CFs, music videos and interviews these days. She thought that beautiful porcelain-skinned woman must be a well-known celebrity. She suddenly felt small.

 

Seohyun looked around, feeling someone's gaze on her, and noticed a woman's sharp glare at her that almost sent shivers down her spine. She stared back at her in confusion. As if on cue, Taeyeon pulled her towards the woman and a kid beside her.

"Juhyun-ah, meet Tiffany, my childhood best f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter